Forthcoming Dispatches...the Marmite effect! (2 Viewers)

I'm hoping for Revolutionary War and a new European Village building.

I'm with Kurt. Not so much the European Village, but a Colonial set of 1750's - 1780's of city and country structures would be nice.
But, mostly hoping for expanding the Colonial Militia, Backwoods figures, Wounded, Casualities. Hey, how about a "Sons of Liberty" series dressed as Indians dumping tea!!

K&C came out with those really nice militia figures several years ago. So, I'd like to see some Regulars this time.

rev-war-battle.jpg

In case there isn't this here bomber Wayne, whats next on your list?

Rob

I am 100% Andy isn't a A Stuka Think he might me a spitfire?^&grin

I'm hopping for D-Day Brits/maybe some tanks/vehicles which would fit in with d-day a well as Market Garden!^&grin Would also apreciate some american paras not in jumpsuits!^&grin

Rob, I don't know about all these mites you UK and AU boys are on about, but I do look forward to your "forthcoming dispatches" threads, almost as much as I do the dispatches themselves.

I'm at a loss for what we might see besides the Typhoon (which I'm quite excited about).

ACW would make sense if Andy hadn't said that he's having trouble finding a place in the release schedule for them.

Market Garden would be - I remember Andy was talking about XXX Corps...but I think he also said recently that while the line was still alive, there was nothing specific in the pipeline.

I too would love to see the Stuka, but again Andy mentioned they are still working out the design kinks and we've got the Typhoon. Because of the Typhoon, I also don't think we'll see the Desert RAF plane we were promised quite yet. I'd also be surprised if the WWI planes made their debut...two warbirds in the same month might compete with one another, even if they are from two different conflicts.

I'm looking forward to the Chinese opposition for the USN and the Russians Andy talked about down under, but I think those are both a while off.

More Napoleonics (prob Napoleon in Egypt) and D-Day Brits would seem more likely.

Did we ever get another round of Ancient Egyptians - I thought there was a promise of more after the initial release.

Did Andy mention when the Ancient Greeks would have their debut?

Another possibility would be another Normandy Village piece.

You have to figure that there will be an AFV and some Germans - doesn't seem like there's many dispatches without either of those. Especially with the theme of the latest collector.

So yeah...I'd guess Napoleon in Egypt, a new Normandy Village piece w/some D-day brits and/or a German AFV.

As always, I look forward to being surprised.

Marmite ... you love it or you hate it!

Just like the monthly K&C updates: Love the dispatches but hate the retirements!

While still at the beginning of my collection I'm more worried about certain retirements. New dispatches are nice to see, but have to wait until I've catched up with things.

Oliver

I wish to take this off on a slightly different tangent. Although K&C collectors have been clamouring for new British cavalry for longer than a year now .. why are indications such that we can only expect a new cavalry regiment only next year.

Is this because new mounted figures, are now close to 100 big ones per set, and that a whole new cavalry release may considered prohibitively expensive for collectors ?

Is there a subconscious gamble that productions costs may have peaked this year in the PRC, and that manufacturer costs may pull back somewhat next year ^&confuse

For Napoleonic lines .. I am hoping to see the promised second instalment of the Gordons :rolleyes2:

OD

Rob, I don't know about all these mites you UK and AU boys are on about, but I do look forward to your "forthcoming dispatches" threads, almost as much as I do the dispatches themselves.

I'm at a loss for what we might see besides the Typhoon (which I'm quite excited about).

ACW would make sense if Andy hadn't said that he's having trouble finding a place in the release schedule for them.

Market Garden would be - I remember Andy was talking about XXX Corps...but I think he also said recently that while the line was still alive, there was nothing specific in the pipeline.

I too would love to see the Stuka, but again Andy mentioned they are still working out the design kinks and we've got the Typhoon. Because of the Typhoon, I also don't think we'll see the Desert RAF plane we were promised quite yet. I'd also be surprised if the WWI planes made their debut...two warbirds in the same month might compete with one another, even if they are from two different conflicts.

I'm looking forward to the Chinese opposition for the USN and the Russians Andy talked about down under, but I think those are both a while off.

More Napoleonics (prob Napoleon in Egypt) and D-Day Brits would seem more likely.

Did we ever get another round of Ancient Egyptians - I thought there was a promise of more after the initial release.

Did Andy mention when the Ancient Greeks would have their debut?

Another possibility would be another Normandy Village piece.

You have to figure that there will be an AFV and some Germans - doesn't seem like there's many dispatches without either of those. Especially with the theme of the latest collector.

So yeah...I'd guess Napoleon in Egypt, a new Normandy Village piece w/some D-day brits and/or a German AFV.

As always, I look forward to being surprised.

Thanks Mark, I too enjoy these threads as its just good to chew the cud as it were,. I purchased my first Normandy building the Church facade on Saturday and I like it a great deal, so another in this range would be very welcome. Andy said earlier this month that they are considering where to take the Arnhem range next, so I would not expect anything for that range this time round. Along with the Typhoon we will probably see the ground crew for it that will make for a new wave of RAF releases.

I'm sure there will be the odd surprise or two as well, its the mix I enjoy, a bit of what you were expecting and a bit of something you were not.:smile2:

Rob

Marmite ... you love it or you hate it!

Just like the monthly K&C updates: Love the dispatches but hate the retirements!

While still at the beginning of my collection I'm more worried about certain retirements. New dispatches are nice to see, but have to wait until I've catched up with things.

Oliver

Along these lines, as a Bulge collect the summer months give me time to catch up on things such as the FunkKraftwagen and the Winter Ambulance!

Along these lines, as a Bulge collect the summer months give me time to catch up on things such as the FunkKraftwagen and the Winter Ambulance!

Osrein mentioned retirements. The Retirements have an upside. They make way for new releases and make the retired items harder to acquire over time in most cases.

Guys, for anyone who may be unaware of 'Marmite', its a beef spread that most often is either loved or loathed by the general public, even the tv ads play on this! I am well aware that some folk really enjoying the dispatches threads and other cannot stand it and refuse to participate. I have friends on this and another forum who fall into both catergories, so to all I would just like to say these threads are not meant to upset anyone but merely get people talking about the product we enjoy.:smile2:

So....whats on the Horizon as we begin the run in to Aug the 1st? We will of course see the Typhoon launched, but I think Andy said somewhere that there are more D Day figures afoot with perhaps a new AFV. Am also hoping we may see some new releases for the ACW.So what are you guys hoping for and what do you think is most likely to be visited next by K&C?

Rob

Rob:

How can you mention something awesome like K&C in the same sentence as that crap Marmite. I'm telling you folks, people in hell are forced fed that stuff while drinking Tetleys at the same time. There is a reason why a lot of Brits have dental grilles like US hockey players. That reason is Marmite.

Ok ok, only fooling people. Just trying to do my part in strengthening US-UK relations.

Saw some really good Royal Air Force support pieces that would make fantastic K&C displays recently(tow tractors, bomb loaders and radio operation vehicles). Also witnessed a K2 Ambulance with Mickey Mouse camo but the base paint was desert tan. Now that would make an excellent set, imo.

Keep it silly

Rob:

How can you mention something awesome like K&C in the same sentence as that crap Marmite. I'm telling you folks, people in hell are forced fed that stuff while drinking Tetleys at the same time. There is a reason why a lot of Brits have dental grilles like US hockey players. That reason is Marmite.

Ok ok, only fooling people. Just trying to do my part in strengthening US-UK relations.

Saw some really good Royal Air Force support pieces that would make fantastic K&C displays recently(tow tractors, bomb loaders and radio operation vehicles). Also witnessed a K2 Ambulance with Mickey Mouse camo but the base paint was desert tan. Now that would make an excellent set, imo.

Keep it silly

Hey Chris, great to see you in London mate and glad to see you survived the sweltering sweat box that is the London Underground, I lost half a stone on the tube on the way home carrying all my swag!^&grin

I would never mention Marmite and K&C in the same sentence^&grin, I mentioned Marmite and my Dispatches threads together as...well some like them and some hate them!:wink2:

Glad to hear you had a good trip to Hendon, good museum isn't it.

Cheers

Rob

According to an e-mail from K&C, July 1 is a holiday in Hong Kong and K&C is closed and won't reopen until Monday July 4. So unless the Dispatches come out early on Thursday June 30, we probably will have to wait until then.

Terry

According to an e-mail from K&C, July 1 is a holiday in Hong Kong and K&C is closed and won't reopen until Monday July 4. So unless the Dispatches come out early on Thursday June 30, we probably will have to wait until then.

Terry

Thanks for the heads up !

It actually works out ok this time round, am out Friday morning but will be in on Monday:smile2:

Rob

according to an e-mail from k&c, july 1 is a holiday in hong kong and k&c is closed and won't reopen until monday july 4. So unless the dispatches come out early on thursday june 30, we probably will have to wait until then.

Terry

i would hope not terry, think of all the money that might be blown over july fourth weekend that might have been used on toy soldiers had people known what was being retired or what ight be coming out. I think kc should be smart and prempt the 4th of july weekend and coral those extra dollars

It is a public holiday for Hong Kong on 1 July - they celebrate Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day - the anniversary of their transfer from Great Britain to China in 1997.

Now the question, will anyone be in the US stores on July 4 to post the dispatches or will we have to go to the actual KC sight? I always get my dispatches here. -- Al

I am thinking kc might put dispatches out tomorrow, it would be the smart thing to do. They have come out earlier in the past

It is a public holiday for Hong Kong on 1 July - they celebrate Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day - the anniversary of their transfer from Great Britain to China in 1997.

Why would they celebrate that.:p

Dispatches always seem to land on a holiday...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back