Free Figure (1 Viewer)

Blame myself ?? Well sent total of 4 emails, call 3 times and talked directly with the guy 3 times... Result = Nothing... Now it's not me the problem... Whatever, I'm the customer and in the end I'm the one who decide who will get my hard earned money.. And you guessed it right, it's not the CS ! Just spent 1500$ in K&C from one of my favorite dealer in Canada... These days, if you want to succeed in internet retailing... you have to have the best customer service.. otherwise.. you won't go anywhere..

Alex
Well Alex only you can decide the effort you want to put into correcting any issue, including this one. My remaining point is that his post suggested that he wanted to correct any remaining issues. If you feel that you have already exhausted that avenue, so be it. Of course it is always better to deal with those with whom you have the best experience so good luck to you with your favorite dealer.:)

I like a lot of what the CS is doing ... especially right now... !! I trully agree with you.. The relationship I have or will have with the dealer is what will make me buy now and in the future.

I can say in that sense that I had a wonderful service from people at TreeFrog (indeed it was more than just first class), Mike at Sierra Toy Soldiers in California where I went last summer.. and Mr Michael Canivet at ToySoldiersMarket in Ottawa... The guy took hours to help me... It was for me a joy to come to his small but great shop 2 weeks ago !! And it made me buy much more than I was planning for... and guess what, those are my first rated K&C dealers where I will go for future buys... despite the fact that I have one in my city.. who unfortunately, doesn't offer the same quality of service/relationship (however, they're getting better every day).

Alex.

QUESTION ?

Brian - I got the coupon in the mail (thank you) - but, how do I redeem it ?

It looks like everyone is still waiting on the Napoleon figures to be delivered.

Also - I notice that there is a DEC 2, 2008 - deadline - I would glad to buy the figure that comes with the free figure - just need guidance.

Thanks, Ron

Well it's extremely important for companies to have good customer service and honestly deliver on their word and promotional offers, is it necessary to have 5 pages of crying and gnashing of teeth over something people are getting for FREE? The day K&C (or any other manufacturer) starts offering free figures is the day people have a license to complain about CS's generous offer. If I were Brian I'd never bother offering free figures again, as it seems to have just brought him more grief than gratitude. Way to spoil the soup.

And no, I never received the free figure either, but oh well, I don't really care, it's not like I'm out any money.:cool:

Well it's extremely important for companies to have good customer service and honestly deliver on their word and promotional offers, is it necessary to have 5 pages of crying and gnashing of teeth over something people are getting for FREE? The day K&C (or any other manufacturer) starts offering free figures is the day people have a license to complain about CS's generous offer. If I were Brian I'd never bother offering free figures again, as it seems to have just brought him more grief than gratitude. Way to spoil the soup.

And no, I never received the free figure either, but oh well, I don't really care, it's not like I'm out any money.:cool:

November 9, I said on this thread that I didn't received the free figure and completely forgot it until your post. So, I guess you're right CS... a big fuss for nothing.

Regards,
Roy

Seems to me most threads are pretty respectful on here both from Brian and the folks who never received their figure. I really don't see the point of your post other than to stir it up, what the heck does K&C, Britains, Figarti, Frontline have anything to do at all with this post?

As I stated before, all this was was an informative post saying that free figures were offered, yet not received, so what is the big deal here. People complained, the company responded, end of story. I think the only question left to ask is Did people receive their free figures????

I don't find people posting their facts crying, I find your post to be more in that vain.

I also don't consider promotional offers to be generous one way or the other, I consider it simple advertising/marketing. The other manufacturers are well established and maybe don't need these types of promo, CS is trying to launch a new business/lines.

Isn't this part of what a forum is for? People post their experiences? I don't find anything malcious in that.

TD

QUESTION ?

Brian - I got the coupon in the mail (thank you) - but, how do I redeem it ?

It looks like everyone is still waiting on the Napoleon figures to be delivered.

Also - I notice that there is a DEC 2, 2008 - deadline - I would glad to buy the figure that comes with the free figure - just need guidance.

Thanks, Ron
Just call them Ron, that worked fine for me. Obviously you can't recieve it until the release is available but they will make the arrangements for that to take place when you call.

Seems to me most threads are pretty respectful on here both from Brian and the folks who never received their figure. I really don't see the point of your post other than to stir it up, what the heck does K&C, Britains, Figarti, Frontline have anything to do at all with this post?

As I stated before, all this was was an informative post saying that free figures were offered, yet not received, so what is the big deal here. People complained, the company responded, end of story. I think the only question left to ask is Did people receive their free figures????

I don't find people posting their facts crying, I find your post to be more in that vain.

I also don't consider promotional offers to be generous one way or the other, I consider it simple advertising/marketing. The other manufacturers are well established and maybe don't need these types of promo, CS is trying to launch a new business/lines.

Isn't this part of what a forum is for? People post their experiences? I don't find anything malcious in that.

TD

Nothing like you whining about my whining about other people whining. Gotta love this forum... :D

Nothing like you whining about my whining about other people whining. Gotta love this forum... :D

I dont agree with Canadian Samurai often, but I do here. The whining on this subject was totally beyond the pale. You would have thought Brian promised a free kidney rather than a free figure.

Given how tough the economic environment is, and how near impossible it is for a new company, under NORMAL conditions, to make a go of it in this business, I would have thought there would have been more appreciation for their challenges -- and perhaps a little less selfish "I want my toy soldier" whining. Apparently not.

I mean the next thing there will be some great outcry, how did they "go under", what happened, the world is not fair, and so on. Well folks, no such thing as "somten fer nutin" in this world.

Rutledge: I agree with your statements. I had the pleasure of meeting Brian in person at Chicago, and also talking with him on the phone about future releases, mainly involving the pacific war and marines in particular. He is very interested in that and has promised to do so in the future. I really don't care about a "free" figure now or in the future--I promised him that I for one, would support his efforts in this long forgotten theater of WWII. If he makes them, I will buy them................Stryker II

Once again, I am glad to see that we are a bunch of cheerleaders and stopped being consumers and customers. I don't find one of my posts whining in the least bit, nor do I find people posting their experiences whining at all.

I for one am a "demanding" consumer, meaning, I made my money, so therefore I choose where and when to spend it. I like to know what other's experiences are as sometimes it may or may not influence my decision making.

Once again, for the love of God, this thread first appeared as a discussion for those individuals who inquired about not receiving their figure. It was an opportunity for the manufacturer to respond, he did. Where and why are the rest of the posts on here? One is about Marines in the Pacific, isn't that in another thread? Another few are taking shots at other manufacturers,, again, I ask what does this have to do with anything? SNORE, SNORE SNORE.

Once Brian responded, why was there a need to rush to his defense?? I don't remember him being on trial or being guilty? So, he had a customer service issue, it happens, he responded. I thought that was a done story until someone else posted they didnt get their figure. And I say, what is whining or wrong with that? A promotion is a promotion, if more people in this world did what they say they will do, we might be better off. Again, I am not condemning CS here, I am simply saying that is what the forum is for.

Rutlege, Stryker, no offense, but a promotion is meant to drive business which I am sure you both know, I doubt that his figure promotion is going to drive him out of business, he would never have done if that were true. Again, I think if we all stick to facts instead of jabs, barbs, off topic, etc, these types of postings would be useful. I am sure if Britains advertised a free figure, then ignored it, the masses would be up in arms and rightly so, so lay off the people who are posted they didn't get their figure, if they signed up, they should get it, just as Brian stated.

What a waste of typing.

I don,t want any part of getting involved in the argument in this thread but I would like to know how to redeem my coupon???
Do I just give it to a CS dealer and the price of the 3 piece napoleonic set is reduced by a 3rd or do I have to mail it in with a reciept??? There are no single napoleonic figures so how does this work???

"I don,t want any part of getting involved in the argument in this thread but I would like to know how to redeem my coupon???
Do I just give it to a CS dealer and the price of the 3 piece napoleonic set is reduced by a 3rd or do I have to mail it in with a reciept??? There are no single napoleonic figures so how does this work???"

Tim, the way the coupon works is when you buy set, you redeem the coupon and get the price of one figure subtracted from the total, then I (or whichever dealer you choose) get redeemed by Brian.

So, if you bought a set from either say myself or Mr Matt here in Massachusetts, you'd get the set for 1/3rd off of retail and then myself or Mr Matt get the dough from Brian............

I called in and signed up for newsletter and free figure. got the newsletter but no free figure.

I called in and signed up for newsletter and free figure. got the newsletter but no free figure.

Cheers Joeylew:

Please read the thread or at least the post prior to your posting & you will understand how to obtain the bonus/free figure.

Happy Hunting,
Beaufighter

"I don,t want any part of getting involved in the argument in this thread but I would like to know how to redeem my coupon???
Do I just give it to a CS dealer and the price of the 3 piece napoleonic set is reduced by a 3rd or do I have to mail it in with a reciept??? There are no single napoleonic figures so how does this work???"

Tim, the way the coupon works is when you buy set, you redeem the coupon and get the price of one figure subtracted from the total, then I (or whichever dealer you choose) get redeemed by Brian.

So, if you bought a set from either say myself or Mr Matt here in Massachusetts, you'd get the set for 1/3rd off of retail and then myself or Mr Matt get the dough from Brian............

I was promised a free figure and got nothing.....spoke to Brian directly.
Spoke to him 3 times about the Arnhem free figure....finally got one.
I called twice and was told I would get a free Nap figure not a coupon for a 1/3 off...doesn't matter I didn't get either. I like some of the new CS releases but will have to think about buying them unless the customer support from CS improves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back