French cavalry charge on allied squares (1 Viewer)

Nice display, did you make the terrain boards?

Jeff

Thanks for the kind words fellas. Am glad you all enjoyed the new batch of photos. Stay tuned for the charge of the Scots Greys.

Jeff,
Yes i made the boards myself.
Best Regards

Thanks for the kind words fellas. Am glad you all enjoyed the new batch of photos. Stay tuned for the charge of the Scots Greys.

Jeff,
Yes i made the boards myself.
Best Regards

Well that makes them all the better! :)

Jeff

Nice work mate, both dio and terrain. Photo effects look good - especially like the gunfire.
A great piece from the Wellingtonic era. ;)

Very nice work Octavian; I especially like your arrangements and photography. For that matter, I really like the terrain boards as well. What did you use and what dimensions are they?

Although it doesn't display well and I ignore it myself, it is interesting to note that no British soldier in square was wounded by sword at Waterloo. The cavalry really didn't get much closer than 15-20 feet. Of course, in other battles, sometimes they did if the square panicked.

Very nice work Octavian; I especially like your arrangements and photography. For that matter, I really like the terrain boards as well. What did you use and what dimensions are they?

Thank you very much mate. The terrain boards are 18mm thick MDF and each section measures approx 77cm long and 60cm wide.

no British soldier in square was wounded by sword at Waterloo.

I guess this unfortunate sod panicked and ventured too far from his comrades! :D LOL

bloodsplattergp0.jpg

Greetings my fellow enthusiasts and comrades in the wonderful world of toy soldiers and historical banter. Hope all is well and everyone is enjoying the hobby and staying positive regardless of any economic down turn, and the recent bushfire disasters here in OZ.

With the recent arrivals of the K&C Lancers and the acquisition of some sought after Dragoons, it was time to expand the diorama with another board to fit the exisiting French cavalry charge.

Here are some new photos which I hope you will enjoy. Best Regards.

boardseo1.jpg

boards2tl2.jpg

fcc1mm9.jpg

fcc2uq8.jpg

fcc3rc9.jpg

fcc4wf0.jpg

fcc5rd9.jpg

fcc6wk9.jpg

fcc8rz9.jpg

Hello Octavian

Added any reinforcements to your lovely dio recently ? More Bristish guards ? .. or any of the CS Polish lancers ? :)

OD

Wow, I missed that one. This is an awesome dio and these pictures are professional grade. You could direct a movie!

Thank you to all with the recent kind comments that I may have missed. I've been away awhile from the hobby due to other life priorities and my other love which is film-making. I haven't checked in for some time though I recently posted a notice that I'm selling 2/3 of my entire collection, including this complete scene (Bases included, but i doubt anyone would be insane enough to pay for shipping unless you're in Sydney)

However, I'm concentrating on a smaller collection with the crusades being one them. I'm also planning to do a few a few short films on collecting toy soldiers, and some video stuff on dioramas using basic concepts such as chroma key/green screen, dolly shots, pan and tilts, etc.

Now all I have to do is find the time...LOLOL

Take care fellas, great to see this hobby alive, growing and well!!

Best Regards,
Octo

Octavian,you do some very beautiful work.I hope you don't give up the hobby.
Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back