Gettysburg Show (3 Viewers)

Chris, you have an excellent point about the diorama pieces. The bulk of my purchases at OTSN are the dio pieces. Hobby Bunker always releases 5 or 6 new pieces every year.
Gary

Anyone planning on getting together for a face to face b4, at or after the show??
Bill W

I say lets have a morning beer at 11 am in the hotel :D

The pub at the hotel is called McClellan's. For the longest time I thought it was named after the union general - which seemed strange because he was not at Gettysburg. Turns out it is named after an owner from the early 1800's. I assume George will open a tab based on his unlimited credit.;)

Sure, I'll open up a tab, I won't pay it, but I'll open it up :p...........

Guys,
Is there a web site for this show? I’m planning on coming down for the show and I wanted to get some more information on it.
Thank
Bryan

Maybe, those of us from this forum ,who are attending, can make up TF stickers to put on our shirts, so that we do not have to employ secret handshakes or croak like frogs mating, to get each others attention...:DMichael

I will be in attendance with step dad in tow, I think my wife is sending him to monitor my acquisitions, might have to bribe him with a figure or two.

TD

.......croak like frogs mating, to get each others attention...:DMichael

I think that would be freakin hysterical!!!

I have recommended to some fellow collectors that I circulate a picture of Ron and tell everyone that is me and that will throw the scent off....

I have to bring my brother in law in tow so perhaps I could circulate his picture and that would work.

The last thing I am going to do is go have beers before I go to a show where I plan on spending money- next thing I know, I am waking up Monday morning, getting ready to do my bills and feeling despair kick in cause I ain't got enough money to pay them!!

I have posted various pictures of myself on this forum- I am sure I will stick out like a sore thumb as big as I am. Michael- you and I have spoke before- if you guys see me and want to say hi, fine, if not, that's fine too- no biggie either way.

I think that would be freakin hysterical!!!

I have recommended to some fellow collectors that I circulate a picture of Ron and tell everyone that is me and that will throw the scent off....

I have to bring my brother in law in tow so perhaps I could circulate his picture and that would work.

The last thing I am going to do is go have beers before I go to a show where I plan on spending money- next thing I know, I am waking up Monday morning, getting ready to do my bills and feeling despair kick in cause I ain't got enough money to pay them!!

I have posted various pictures of myself on this forum- I am sure I will stick out like a sore thumb as big as I am. Michael- you and I have spoke before- if you guys see me and want to say hi, fine, if not, that's fine too- no biggie either way.

Chris

Wont you you be wearing the Roman Helmut ??

I still say the BAR in the Hotel at 11:00 AM !

RIBBET....RIBBET :D

Ron

My unsolicited tips for this weekend in GB.

Battlefield: I'm sure a lot of folks will be heading out to the battlefield before or after the show. The weather this weekend in GB is partly cloudy with highs in the upper 60's. Chilly in the morning and evenings, but otherwise should be perfect for walking around. Don't miss the new visitor center on Baltimore street! The old one by the national cemetery is now closed. The kids love the ghost tours at night and the horseback riding tours of the park.

Food: The Gettysburg Hotel (where the show is) has the typical pub and overpriced restaurant with middle of the road food. Across the street is "The Pub" which has ok food, Ping's Cafe next to the Antique Center (on Baltimore St.) has good Japanese/Chinese food, and Dobbin House is a nice historical tavern for lunch (try the "spit roasted chicken") or dinner. Lincoln Diner and Dunlap's are lower-priced places where many locals eat (can be smokey though). Not sure about the Sunday hours for any of these.

Parking. There is a parking structure behind the Gettysburg Hotel which can be accessed only from an alleyway. It can be a bit difficult to see unless they put out signs. Street parking is a pain - metered and crowded. I read that parking is "free" for the show so maybe the hotel has an arrangement with the parking garage.

Dogs: There may be a lot of Greyhounds about because of a dog owner's convention (5,000+) taking place this weekend. They have some events going on around town this weekend.

Combat
Thanks for the info. I do have one question, should I bring cash or do most of the dealers take credit cards?

Combat
Thanks for the info. I do have one question, should I bring cash or do most of the dealers take credit cards?

I think most take credit cards - a few smaller dealers may only take cash or checks. George may have more insight on that. There is a bank w/ATM next to the hotel.

The dealers who actually do this for a living take plastic as well as dead presidents; the part timers/flea market/clearing out their odds and ends do not generally, it is wise to save your cash money for those guys as one never, ever knows what will turn up on someones table.

This is the beauty of the shows; trust me, I've seen it 1,000 times where a part timer has some gems on this table. I just picked up a winter WS 13 at the Wayne New Jersey show for 50.00 and two KCS cavalry figures for 50.00 each...................keep you eyes and wallet open.............MFCA used to be known as a show where retired K & C showed up; Ebay has pretty much tapped that well dry.............

Combat-

your post does this show justice- very good looking out for the non-GBurg folks. GBurg is going to be pretty busy on Sunday. I am planning on having my wife just drop me off somewhere, I'll probably execute a combat roll out the Trailblazer when we get near and then she will run off to the outlets. I promised to match her dollar for dollar on this (ie, every dollar I spend, she gets to spend :D).

To add to what Combat posted- the Gettysburg outlets are a nice venue for perhaps wives and others to attend if they are not into strolling around GBurg.

Yeah, I'm getting pretty jazzed about this one. It should be a blast.

Hey, if anyone wants me to keep an eye out for a retired or long lost item at this show for them, shoot me a PM and I will do what I can. You gotta specify what you are willing to spend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back