Gettysburg Show (1 Viewer)

CC

Lets get everyone together !

R

Right in front of the Minutemen Toy Soldiers tables sounds like a great spot for all of you to get together, so have at it................

George

Thats where we will all end up :rolleyes:

We first must find a starting place !! :D

How about the bar so by the time you guys get to where I'm set up, you'll be primed and ready to shop........or, Little Round Top and work your way towards the hotel........

Parking is always free on Sunday, thats when I usually visit the antique center.

CC

Lets get everyone together !

R

Right in front of the Minutemen Toy Soldiers tables sounds like a great spot for all of you to get together, so have at it................

George- you don't mind if I walk up with a pulled-pork or BBQ rib sandwich do you ?? :D

Hey- for those fo you that are discussing bars- I am not sure but I don't think you can get alcohol on Sundays can you??? Either way, there is no way on God's green earth I am drinking beer or anything alcoholic on a Sunday Morning.

Looks like we could get some rain and cooler temps for the show on Sunday.

Oh yea - well I guess everyone should stay home...;)

....or wait till late afternoon to come - so I can get to those tables first ! :eek: :D :p

Hope someone brings along a camera and take photos for us who are unable to attend.....The Lt.

On my way to the SHOW ! :D

7:45 AM - Washington, DC

Systems Check:

Wallet - CHECK !

Car - Top Down - CHECK !

Fuel - CHECK !

Camera - CHECK !

Cigars - CHECK ! CHECK !

Systems GO - Prepare for Take Off !! :D

Great show today. Met Capitol Ron, picked up my V-2 from George, got a look at the Figarti V-1 (wow even better than I thought). Also saw a German WWI A7V tank from ONTC - very nice stuff. Ron was taking pictures which I'm sure he will post.

Great show today. Met Capitol Ron, picked up my V-2 from George, got a look at the Figarti V-1 (wow even better than I thought). Also saw a German WWI A7V tank from ONTC - very nice stuff. Ron was taking pictures which I'm sure he will post.

Cool! So what else did you see or hear around the show today? Did you get a chance to chat with Richard or Ken at the Britains tables? Congratulations on your acquisition...did you get anything else? Sorry to pester, but it's a long time between shows out here in the middle of the country.

MD

Cool! So what else did you see or hear around the show today? Did you get a chance to chat with Richard or Ken at the Britains tables? Congratulations on your acquisition...did you get anything else? Sorry to pester, but it's a long time between shows out here in the middle of the country.

MD

Ron may have a longer report and pictures. The show appeared to be well attended - also lots of books, DVDs and t-shirts for sale. The only thing I bought was the V-2 - that was about all I could carry. It is huge! Also saw the new KC Hitler car and german camera crew - two thumbs up on that set. The ONTC WWI tanks are fantastic - huge ugly beasts that they were! Someone had great Napoleonic figures that I had not seen before - I thought they were First Legion but Ron said they were something else. I didn't catch the company name but their matte figures (Scots and French) were top notch on square bases. George had a number of great buildings and displays. Britains were everywhere, but I don't collect those. There were also many non-toy items like busts of Napoleon, military art etc. Whew.

I believe the photo of that German tank has been up on their website for a long time but I didn't know it was out. Their WWI tanks look really top notch.

Hope someone brings along a camera and take photos for us who are unable to attend.....The Lt.

Hey LT-

Terribly sorry sir but got out the door without the NIKON!! :eek: Too busy trying to get my brother in law to get out the door- he was messing about putting hair gel on!! :mad:

Not sure if the shots would have turned out very well anyway as it was pretty dark.

Well, it was a good time. I am VERY VERY happy to report that I didn't run across any retirement markups- nothing out of the ordinary, which I had expressed concern over. In fact, I noticed a lot of KC WW2 figures which were retired and reasonably priced for those of you who are into that stuff.

GREAT deals on FOV products. I was also impressed with the ratio of Russian figures- it seemed like there was a great deal of their product there. Fantastic pieces.

Michtoy did a GREAT job setting up- they had their Del Prado Egyptian sets out for display- they looked really cool. Didn't get to chat with them as they were busy but hats off. Unfortunately, they were the guys who had the figure I wanted but- didn't bring it:(

WW2 DOMINATED the show- in my opinion- I swear, I saw the words Tiger, Panther, Elephant, etc so much I thought I was in a zoo. That being said, I only spent half of my alloted defense budget today- what kind of nutcase goes home with money still in his pocket? Admittedly, my acquisition list was narrow so that is really what I think was the problem more than anything.

There was a TedToy distributor there with a really cool glossy samurai display. Those of you who are sticking a fork in Britains and have announced the arrival of a new "King" of Toy Soldier collecting really better think twice- Britains was VERY VERY well represented- one entire row of vendors had boxes and boxes of what appeared to be vintage Britains sets.

George as always did a bangup job with his displays and professionalism- and even great humor.

Some of the things I didn't like- the lighting was rather poor. The walkspace between vendors was worse than anything I have ever experienced at any show. I felt bad for most of the vendors as it didn't appear they had the ability to sit down or that getting food or refreshment was in the cards for them. I still think, without a doubt, the show should be moved to the Eisenhower center, ample parking and ample space. I would gladly pay $15 or so to get in to a show where I don't have to deal with so much human compression.

It was a good show, I wouldn't call it great but I will give it another go next year. After that, who knows.

Hi all,
I made the show too, it was a nice show, saw a nice table full of old Trophy including the Confederate Secret Weapon and 2 WW1 dio sets. Very nice, original boxes, prices were high but fair, I just wasn't in that market today!

George had a great display and it was nice meeting him too. Great buildings, if I did that kind of set up , I would be a buyer of a good bit, really makes the figures come alive.

Also met Al Green from Green's Collectibles, he had a nice variety of Alymer, Frontline, Steadfast and lots of other unique items.

Met Ken Osen and had a nice discussion on Naps and Zulus and in general the great job they are doing.

Met Keith Rocco, that is always a pleasure, he is a great artist! I asked if he had any Conte ROC001 left but no go there:)

Met Rick from Michigan Toy and talked about the new tanks, they do look wonderful, not on sale just yet. Also saw Jesse James, very cool too.

Ton of Russian figures, wow, beautiful and pricey! My stepfather really likes them, he also has a different budget than me, but he didn't bite on any. Guess I know what he will be looking for in terms of gifts!

Had a great lunch at The Pub including a few Guinness, which is always good.

Good time.

Tom

Hi all,

Ton of Russian figures, wow, beautiful and pricey! My stepfather really likes them, he also has a different budget than me, but he didn't bite on any. Guess I know what he will be looking for in terms of gifts!

For someone who collects Russian figures- this was without a doubt the cheapest I have ever seen them. I think we are starting to see, and perhaps it is just in this area, some competition amongst the Russian producers and may see prices tail off.

Tom reminded me- Of all the things I got today, the biggest dollar purchase wasn't even a toy soldier- it was a STUNNING Russian vignette of the Birth of Christ- the price was just impossible to beat- I paid $60-80 less than I thought I was going to. I also saw some really really cool Rhinocerous which I almost went ahead and bought- ultimately I passed because I just felt they were a bit too fantasy for me, nor would they fit anything in my collection- but they were just FANTASTIC. When I inquired about the price, they were a good $2-300 less than I was expecting.

Chris,
The Rhinos were cool and I thought their price was good. That said, most I look for deals on , just a little too much for me!

Although I have to gloat, I recently picked up the following St. Petersburg on ebay:
1. Longstreet Mounted, $125 shipped
2. the super deal of the month - Chamberlain and Jackson single figures for ........$45 total shipped.

Sometimes you get lucky<

TD

2. the super deal of the month - Chamberlain and Jackson single figures for ........$45 total shipped.

Sometimes you get lucky<

TD

Yeah brother- very very nice score there!! Might have felt as good as when the MaCPA's sent you your approval letter for the CPA Exam :D:D

Take care

Yeah brother- very very nice score there!! Might have felt as good as when the MaCPA's sent you your approval letter for the CPA Exam :D:D

Take care

Ain't that the truth, the day that happened, I was so punch drunk I bought an expensive watch and it has been all downhill from there!

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back