Gordon's work (1 Viewer)

I have been sitting very quite around the fringes and enjoying this forum more just watching but I have to say that I think Gordon's K&C diorama's are some of the best I have ever seen . The last building he built was outstanding and I could only wish to be half as good as he is.

Chris.:salute::

This is another one that I love, especially since it involves trains!

Thanks for taking the time to find all these Brad.

Tom

Tom,

Glad to be able to post these. The pictures were in my pictures in the computer so not hard to find. Gordon also did another train dio circa 2008. I will look for it.

Here is an early one by Andy, also Arnhem themed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 394
For Tom ^&cool

Railway Station Diorama. This was made by Gordon for the 2007 West Coaster. Everything, including the freight car and tracks, was completely hand built.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 382
Great thread Rob.:salute::

Thanks to Rob and Brad for putting up the images. Some of the older ones I have not seen before.

Hopefully thread can be added to over time.

For Tom ^&cool

Railway Station Diorama. This was made by Gordon for the 2007 West Coaster. Everything, including the freight car and tracks, was completely hand built.

Cheers Brad. It's amazing work and I can see why it would take such a long time to construct a dio like this considering everything was hand made. I will start making a new dio soon and many of the items on the dio will be purchased off the shelf and even then it will take me a long time to complete this dio.

Tom

Some more from 2007.

World War I Building

WWI Diorama.jpg

I believe K & C hung onto this one.

Civil War

ACW Diorama.jpg

This is in Louis Badolato's collection.

Also from the West Coaster, a diorama that could be used for different wars.

FOB Diorama.jpg

The following are from the Summer of 2009:

Last Stand at Mons 1914

Last Stand at Mons.jpg

Road to Caen

Road to Caen.jpg

Advance through Belgium

Advance through Belgium.jpg

The following were made by Gordon for the 2009 Chicago Show.

2009 Chicago 1.jpg2009 Chicago 2.jpg2009 Chicago 3.jpg2009 Chicago 4.jpg2009 Chicago 5.jpg

2010 West Coaster. The last photo is "A Street in Arnhem."

2010 West Coaster 1.jpg2010 West Coaster 2.jpg2010 West Coaster 3.jpg2010 West Coaster 4.jpg2010 West Coaster 5.jpg

I saw this one in person at a West Coaster show awhile back, pics are good but do it no justice, it blew me away!! this was one of the turning points for me to looking at how to display larger dios, had a good day talking to Gordon/Andy, love the way the UK dio builders (D.Marshall as well) and Gordon play it off like no biggie...'all you need mate is a little glue, steyrofoam, lil paint and there ya go" they kill me!!!! thanks for the dios Gordon, always an inspiration...Sammy

Hi Guys,

Another “debt of gratitude” to Brad (Jazzeum) for finding and posting the pix of some of those earlier dios...It’s great to see them again!

On the book front...Believe it or not it is progressing – slowly I have to admit – because as soon as I sit down to work on it some more I get “hijacked” to work on something else!!!

However there is a little light at the end of the tunnel...Or is that another darned train heading my way?

Thanks again Brad – See you in Chicago. All the best.

Andy C.​

Andy,

It's been a lot of fun doing it. I've been going back through your old threads and it's been fun going back to read some of the posts from then, kind of like going back in time. I'm up to 2010 so will try to get through 2011 by tomorrow. A great body of work from you two ^&cool

Looking forward to catching up in a month or so.

Brad

It was really great to see some of these old dios again and some I've never seen before. Thanks for posting them Brad.

Andy,

It's been a lot of fun doing it. I've been going back through your old threads and it's been fun going back to read some of the posts from then, kind of like going back in time. I'm up to 2010 so will try to get through 2011 by tomorrow. A great body of work from you two ^&cool

Looking forward to catching up in a month or so.

Brad

Brad:

Well done. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

-Jason

Rob, Glad that you decided to start this thread regarding Gordon's work. Doesn't viewing his Dioramas give inspiration to give it a crack and create a scene ! I enjoy viewing
these older Dio's as to study these one can gain some useful tips on "Doing it Right"

It certainly does Wayne!

Brad, thanks for so many excellent pics.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back