Gordon's work (5 Viewers)

Duke,

Glad to be of help. It was because so many had not seen some of Gordon's older dioramas that I started combing through the Forum.

Below is one from 2006, the Factory diorama, which I had forgotten about.

Factory Diorama.jpgFactory Diorama 2.jpg

As I'm sure Andy will remember, the second photo of the diorama elicited a lot of comment (what has changed? ^&grin). Some thought it was a concentration camp and others thought it was a French Resistance fighter being led away to be shot. There was a lot of teeth gnashing about this one!

Another Desert Diorama from 2006.

Storch Desert Diorama.jpg

What was interesting about this one was not necessarily the dio but the Storch. Andy wanted to make an affordable wooden plane (this was before he thought about polystone) and I think this was the first prototype. I think he tried for at least a couple of years to find a factory that could make it and I remember getting emails or seeing postings on the Forum that he was off to another factory in China to see if they could make it to K & C standards. Unfortunately, he never found a factory that made one with which he was happy so no wooden Storch was ever made.

I assume the prototype is in the K & C Museum in Hong Kong.

2011 Westcoaster Dioramas.

Road to Paris

Road to Paris.jpg

Road to Dunkirk

Road to Dunkirk.jpg

Piece of Cake

Piece of Cake 1.jpgPiece of Cake 2.jpg

Desert Pyramids Diorama

Pyramids Diorama.jpg

Five similar scenes, mostly Winter but a couple Summer. I call this "Variation on a Theme," although I'm not sure Gordon would.

Bulge 1.gifBulge 2.gifBulge 3.gifBulge 4.gifBulge 5.jpg

2012 West Coaster.

First, another chapter on the Road to Caen.

Road to Caen 5.jpgRoad to Caen 6.jpg

Visiting the Scene of the Crime

Scene of the Crime.jpgScene of the Crime 2.jpg

Windmill Lane. This was a joint project between Andy and Gordon.

Windmill Lane.jpg

One thing for sure, it's either going to be a massive book or a hell of a job picking which ones go in and which stay out!{eek3}^&cool

Thanks again Brad
Rob

One thing for sure, it's either going to be a massive book or a hell of a job picking which ones go in and which stay out!{eek3}^&cool

Thanks again Brad
Rob

Rob,

Thanks. Will pickup on posting tomorrow. I wonder what approach K & C will take: massive or selective. I'd think the latter. The amount of his work is staggering and I still have a couple of years to go, not to mention dios that he did for K & C clients that we have not seen.

Brad

This was a dio that Andy and Gordon put this together in late 2012 when Gordon moved into his new digs, a "an all-new, custom-built workshop here on Hong Kong Island that has, among its many advantages, a 450 square foot terrace that allows us to “shoot” our diorama displays using natural light."

November 2012.jpgNovember 2012 - 2.jpg

From early 2013, Andy called this "Coming In On a Wing and A Prayer." Here's his commentary:

"A 471/2 square foot airfield for a K&C collector in Europe. The actual display measured2 metres by 2.2 metresand was subdivided into 4 sections, the main hanger was a separate piece as was the Chris Munro (American Model Dockyard) Control Tower, everything else was attached. The collector also requested that be able to “dress” the airfield as both a British RAF bomber base as well as a U.S. Army Air Force field….Hence the different aircraft and figures."

Super special, to say the least ^&cool

Wing 1.jpgWing 2.jpgWing 3.jpgWing 4.jpgWing 5.jpg

Chicago 2013

In the Bleak Midwinter

Chicago 1 2013.jpg

Outside Looking In

Chicago 2 2013.jpg

Inside Looking Out

Chicago 3 2013.jpg

War in the East

Chicago 4 2013.jpg

Special piece John. You're one lucky person, plus it must be nice to have the note from Andy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back