Gordon's work (1 Viewer)

This diorama inspired me to make my first railway diorama.
Hi All,
I have a sneaky suspicion that Gordon's amazing dioramas inspired so many of us to create our own scenes with K&C.
Considering, I think his memory will live on throughout our world-wide community as he touched us through his creative and outstanding work.

Yours and his are amazing. You did him proud.

Thanks Brad, that's really nice of you to say and I'm humbled.

Hi All,
I have a sneaky suspicion that Gordon's amazing dioramas inspired so many of us to create our own scenes with K&C.
Considering, I think his memory will live on throughout our world-wide community as he touched us through his creative and outstanding work.

Totally agree Rob.

Tom

In 2006, the K & C Collector Magazine (Issue Number 19, Winter 2007) conducted an interview with Gordon. Here is that interview. Hopefully, the photos are legible and large enough. If not, when the Sager Brochure section is back up, you will be able to read the interview there.

May his soul be blessed.

attachment.php

I was fortunate enough to obtain another of Gordon's wonderful dioramas (I think this is my 18th), a Streets of Hong Kong Diorma used in an advertisement for the first of the Tinplate Trolley Cars:

Attachments

• 1 1895 K&C Streets of Hong Kong 1.jpg
    1 1895 K&C Streets of Hong Kong 1.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 135
  • 1 1895 K&C Streets of Hong Kong 2.jpg
    1 1895 K&C Streets of Hong Kong 2.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 138
  • 1 1895 K&C Streets of Hong Kong 3.jpg
    1 1895 K&C Streets of Hong Kong 3.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 139
  • 1 1895 K&C Streets of Hong Kong 4.jpg
    1 1895 K&C Streets of Hong Kong 4.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 147
I have the tram car, but the surroundings are one of a kind, a rare beautiful piece. Robin.

That's a great addition! Thanks for resurrecting this thread. Gordon sure did make some stunning dioramas that brought K&C soldiers and vehicles to life.

Brendan

Fighting on Foot

May 2022

Many thanks Brad for putting up Gordon’s old interview and that small selection of some of the most enjoyable displays and dioramas we both worked on.
This great hobby that the vast majority of us love and appreciate is all about the simple joys and fulfilment of collecting and creating little toy soldiers that reflect certain points and events in history that we can share.
All the best my friend and…Thankyou,
Andy.
P.S. If Gordon was still with us I feel sure he would echo my thoughts.
A.

Many thanks Brad for putting up Gordon’s old interview and that small selection of some of the most enjoyable displays and dioramas we both worked on.
This great hobby that the vast majority of us love and appreciate is all about the simple joys and fulfilment of collecting and creating little toy soldiers that reflect certain points and events in history that we can share.
All the best my friend and…Thankyou,
Andy.
P.S. If Gordon was still with us I feel sure he would echo my thoughts.
A.
Andy,

Thanks. It’s been a labor of love to post Gordon’s and your incredible work so others can see it. Coming to Chicago to see what the two of you had created was always something to look forward to.

Brad

Reactions: JPB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back