Hackensack Toy Soldier Show (1 Viewer)

Okay Hackensack is getting closer. I really have enjoyed this show. I know the two Brads will be going and Chris will be there too. So who else is going and what will you be hoping to find?

I have been influenced by the the threads on Hiriart and will be looking to see if I can find some of those sets. Other possibilities are 2nd hand Hockers, Glossy WWI Britains, Soldiers of the World, and surely a look at the Treefrog table, glossy section.

Brad,
being Halloween and having a six year old, this will preempt my attendance! As always, keep an eye out for Trophy!

TD

Same here, having children myself. If my memory serves me correctly this event use to be the 1st or 2nd week of Nov. I've had to take a pass these last several years as I know several others as well. Halloween has to much going on, and not for just the kids, adults as well enjoy this day as well. Maybe next year.

...my memory serves me correctly this event use to be the 1st or 2nd week of Nov...

Roughly, the Sunday closest to the first of November. Often corresponds to the fall time change, too. But calendars are tricky things, as are booking agents for exhibition halls, too.

It's funny that you all mention Halloween, because here in the Valley, we have an interesting phenomenon, in which the local municipalities all schedule Halloween. Where I grew up, Halloween was on Halloween, no matter where the date fell (and of course, Mischief Night was the night before). But here in the Lehigh Valley, we have some boroughs and townships that have already held their Halloween parades, and most will sanction trick-or-treating on the 29th. I don't know what would happen if kids went out on the 31st; probably get cited for soliciting without a license. Does anyone else live in a town where you have the same kind of ordinances?

Prost!
Brad

Okay Hackensack is getting closer. I really have enjoyed this show. I know the two Brads will be going and Chris will be there too. So who else is going and what will you be hoping to find?

I have been influenced by the the threads on Hiriart and will be looking to see if I can find some of those sets. Other possibilities are 2nd hand Hockers, Glossy WWI Britains, Soldiers of the World, and surely a look at the Treefrog table, glossy section.

I will be there. Will be looking for K&C, Trophy and Figarti. Look forward to seeing you. All the best, Lawrence

Roughly, the Sunday closest to the first of November. Often corresponds to the fall time change, too. But calendars are tricky things, as are booking agents for exhibition halls, too.

It's funny that you all mention Halloween, because here in the Valley, we have an interesting phenomenon, in which the local municipalities all schedule Halloween. Where I grew up, Halloween was on Halloween, no matter where the date fell (and of course, Mischief Night was the night before). But here in the Lehigh Valley, we have some boroughs and townships that have already held their Halloween parades, and most will sanction trick-or-treating on the 29th. I don't know what would happen if kids went out on the 31st; probably get cited for soliciting without a license. Does anyone else live in a town where you have the same kind of ordinances?

Prost!
Brad

We have Halloween on the traditional day but the towns around us don't.
Mark

I think it's actually 9AM, but I don't have my post card on me, and I haven't found the info yet at Vintage Casting's website.

Aeroart has on their website they will be in attendance as well- one Roman I am looking for in particular as it is getting scarce, perhaps they will have him

This is completely off topic but I just noticed that:

I am a 2nd Lieutenant with 690 posts

Jagdpanther is a Colonel with 2002 posts

but Currahee Chris is a Sergeant Major with 1863 posts :eek:

What has Chris done wrong? :confused:

Not that it changes anything but ... :)

Russell,

I think he asked Shannon a couple of years ago not to promote him. He wants to be a non-com :)

Russell,

I think he asked Shannon a couple of years ago not to promote him. He wants to be a non-com :)

The correct term is "gentleman ranker". I too made the decison to avoid the officers mess..............

What has Chris done wrong?

BOY, IS THAT A LOADED QUESTION :D:D
It seems like this year, everything I have done is wrong :(

Brad is right- and good to my 4th Hussar friend for sticking with me!! :)

Didn't feel like selling out to the dark side!! :p

Seriously though, the one goal I still have in my professional life is to complete Office Candidate School (OCS)- I began back in 2000 (with the Pa Army National Guard) but had to withdraw due to severe work pressures. I need to get some things straightened out this year workwise and then I'm jumping back into the green machine- hopefully by April- I have been gone way too long and hate being a civilian. Seems like I am so far away from the guy I used to be that I don't even know who I am sometimes. :(

Anyway, I digress- I will ask for the promo when I earn it.

Aeroart has on their website they will be in attendance as well- one Roman I am looking for in particular as it is getting scarce, perhaps they will have him

If Thor doesn't have what you're looking for, try also Sergei Ilyashenko's Lead Army, he also carries a nice selection of connoisseur figures from Russia, and specializes in Ancient Rome. He may have what you're looking for, and he's usually at the show.

Prost!
Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back