Has anyone used Woodland Scenics "Deep Pour Water"... (1 Viewer)

mikemiller1955

Lieutenant General
I have always used Magic Water from Unreal Details to pour my rivers and lakes...
best product I have ever seen for this...dries ultra hard...not rubbery...doesn't yellow, crack or shrink...great product...
with the passing of Dave Williams I don't think this product is available anymore in the large quantities I like to buy...
I have been reading about Woodland Scenics "Deep Pour Water" product...and just got off the phone with one of their technicians...
as expected...he had nothing but glowing reports about their product...basically saying it would do anything except cure cancer...
I would like some unbiased reviews if anyone has used this product...if anybody has used this product...please respond...

I have always used Magic Water from Unreal Details to pour my rivers and lakes...
best product I have ever seen for this...dries ultra hard...not rubbery...doesn't yellow, crack or shrink...great product...
with the passing of Dave Williams I don't think this product is available anymore in the large quantities I like to buy...
I have been reading about Woodland Scenics "Deep Pour Water" product...and just got off the phone with one of their technicians...
as expected...he had nothing but glowing reports about their product...basically saying it would do anything except cure cancer...
I would like some unbiased reviews if anyone has used this product...if anybody has used this product...please respond...

For what it’s worth Mike, my late brother Gordon was a huge fan of ‘Woodland Scenics Water’ and used lots of it in his dioramas.
Best wishes,
Andy in San Antonio.

For what it’s worth Mike, my late brother Gordon was a huge fan of ‘Woodland Scenics Water’ and used lots of it in his dioramas.
Best wishes,
Andy in San Antonio.

Andy...

appreciate the testimonial...if Gordon liked it...it must be pretty good...he was more than a pioneer on modeling...

but more specifically...I was hoping someone had used a new product of theirs...just developed about 2 years ago...called "Deep Pour Water"...
don't think it was even available when Gordon was modeling...maybe he used their "Realistic Water" which dries "firm"...

Dave Williams mentioned in passing that you guys made a huge order from him for his Magic Water years ago...which I like...it dries rock hard...not firm...so I always thought that was what Gordon used...

"Deep Pour Cover" is a 2 part resin...like Magic Water...and is supposed to dry rock hard...
Dave even admitted to me that this new WS product was very good...as good as his...

Now that Dave is no longer with us...the company is defunct...or at least not returning phone calls...

I just ordered some WS Deep Pour Water and will give it a whirl...

coming to see your new shop in May...see you then...

thanks for the input...

Andy...

appreciate the testimonial...if Gordon liked it...it must be pretty good...he was more than a pioneer on modeling...

but more specifically...I was hoping someone had used a new product of theirs...just developed about 2 years ago...called "Deep Pour Water"...
don't think it was even available when Gordon was modeling...maybe he used their "Realistic Water" which dries "firm"...

Dave Williams mentioned in passing that you guys made a huge order from him for his Magic Water years ago...which I like...it dries rock hard...not firm...so I always thought that was what Gordon used...

"Deep Pour Cover" is a 2 part resin...like Magic Water...and is supposed to dry rock hard...
Dave even admitted to me that this new WS product was very good...as good as his...

Now that Dave is no longer with us...the company is defunct...or at least not returning phone calls...

I just ordered some WS Deep Pour Water and will give it a whirl...

coming to see your new shop in May...see you then...

thanks for the input...

Thanks also Mike for your kind words about Gordon…You are correct both of us loved using ‘Magic Water’ in all kinds of scenes.
Best wishes from San Antonio,
Andy.

Mike, I've only done one water scene and used Woodland Scenic's Realistic Water and Water Ripples. Very easy to use and sets up quickly.
I know Steve/29 Let's Go uses this as well. He recommended it to me. Maybe he'll respond. Chris
attachment.php

Mike, I've only done one water scene and used Woodland Scenic's Realistic Water and Water Ripples. Very easy to use and sets up quickly.
I know Steve/29 Let's Go uses this as well. He recommended it to me. Maybe he'll respond. Chris
attachment.php

Chris...I talk to Steve pretty regularly...my good friend...he likes to build stuff...so we have a lot in common...he uses Realistic Water from WS...not their Deep Pour Water...and he even sent me a video of him jabbing it with a knife showing it's hardness...lol...I have watched instructional their videos on products and have decided on the Deep Pour Cover...I want an ultra hard surface...your bridge scene looks great...did Steve make it?

Chris...I talk to Steve pretty regularly...my good friend...he likes to build stuff...so we have a lot in common...he uses Realistic Water from WS...not their Deep Pour Water...and he even sent me a video of him jabbing it with a knife showing it's hardness...lol...I have watched instructional their videos on products and have decided on the Deep Pour Cover...I want an ultra hard surface...your bridge scene looks great...did Steve make it?

Thanks Mike. The bridge was an Ebay purchase for about $20. I modified it slightly for the scene. Chris

Thanks Mike. The bridge was an Ebay purchase for about $20. I modified it slightly for the scene. Chris

BTW, Steve graciously did offer to make the bridge and is working on something for me now. Chris

BTW, Steve graciously did offer to make the bridge and is working on something for me now. Chris

Chris...only $20 for that bridge...it's nice...that's a great price...

Steve makes some very nice bridges...he has an unusual technique that he has mastered...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back