Has wbritains lost its way (1 Viewer)

Has W.Britains lost its way........... After seeing images of the upcoming releases, including that great Zulu War ambulance set, I can happily and definitively say NO. ^&grin

Has W.Britains lost its way........... After seeing images of the upcoming releases, including that great Zulu War ambulance set, I can happily and definitively say NO. ^&grin

I agree if it doesn't a year or two to get it.
Mark

Why no ACW 2014 collectors club figure ? I haven't seen one announced yet.

My biggest fear is that Ken is overworked, and others start sculpting the new figures. Like what happened when Ken went to Conte. The non Ken figures were crap. It's like when Captain Kirk is made an Admiral and he should have stayed a Captain all along.

We do our best :)

Last edited by a moderator:
We do our best :)

Hi Graham
I must admit that when I first saw the WW1 Germans you sculpted on the W Britain website i was a bit unsure of the look and if I liked them. Then I purchased three of them and in the flesh they are excellent soldiers have a real gritty look about them that some of the older soldiers do not have. They have become some of my most liked soldiers in my collection.

Ken is a great sculpture but can not do it all himself. I think you make a great addition to the W Britain team.

Our best "crap" obviously isn't good enough eh Graham ...... :)

Alan, I appreciate your contribution of "crap" to the Zulu War line. I liked it so much I purchased it and proudly display it. Keep up the good...er "crap" work.

Our best "crap" obviously isn't good enough eh Graham ...... :)

Allen, I think the new Clash of Empires Eastern Woodland Indians are the best looking and sculpted figures of their type offered on the market today. You have done an excellent job with these and I am looking forward to adding them soon to my collection . . . .
:smile2: Mike

Well thanks for the kind words , it's always nice to know our "Crap" , like the ambulance set , is maybe not so bad ...or is it that you have "Crap " taste ? :)

Seriously though ........To be honest , you have to realise that a lot of the time, apart from the Civil War stuff ,which is all Ken , most of the other ranges are very much, and heavily , a joint venture .....either Grahm or I do quite a few ( if not most in some ranges ) of the sculpts along with Ken of course ............

Ken receives our sculpts before they go into production ( as he's at the "Shop" , we are not ...Graham's in England , I'm in Switzerland ), and if Ken sees anything on our sculpts that needs a little "tweeking " in small details to match the ranges he will do it .

Last edited:
I have it on good authority that an ACW limber and caisson set is on the way soon along with another surprise for collectors of another range that has been shelved for too long at Britains! :)

I give Britains some slack because they are the only major manufacturer out there today that creates very complex, animated sets which must be a nightmare to produce... {eek3} ... and in reasonable production numbers too! The ACW Confederate fence sets, AZW artillery gun team set, AZW ambulance set, a host of varied ACW artillery sets and countless "hand to hand" combat sets for all of their ranges are just some examples.

Even though I grumble I will begetting most of these also.:)
Mark

I agree. And in my opinion. The Fence Rebs are probably some of the unique sets ever produced by any manufacturer. And the sets are reasonable priced. 3 figures and a fence for 120. Not bad at all.

Brad

I have it on good authority that an ACW limber and caisson set is on the way soon along with another surprise for collectors of another range that has been shelved for too long at Britains! :)

I give Britains some slack because they are the only major manufacturer out there today that creates very complex, animated sets which must be a nightmare to produce... {eek3} ... and in reasonable production numbers too! The ACW Confederate fence sets, AZW artillery gun team set, AZW ambulance set, a host of varied ACW artillery sets and countless "hand to hand" combat sets for all of their ranges are just some examples.

Allen, I think the new Clash of Empires Eastern Woodland Indians are the best looking and sculpted figures of their type offered on the market today. You have done an excellent job with these and I am looking forward to adding them soon to my collection . . . .

I agree with Mike here.
The upcoming Eastern Woodland Indians are a real treat.
Great job !!!
Konrad

Well thanks for the kind words , it's always nice to know our "Crap" , like the ambulance set , is maybe not so bad ...or is it that you have "Crap " taste ? :)

Seriously though ........To be honest , you have to realise that a lot of the time, apart from the Civil War stuff ,which is all Ken , most of the other ranges are very much, and heavily , a joint venture .....either Grahm or I do quite a few ( if not most in some ranges ) of the sculpts along with Ken of course ............

Ken receives our sculpts before they go into production ( as he's at the "Shop" , we are not ...Graham's in England , I'm in Switzerland ), and if Ken sees anything on our sculpts that needs a little "tweeking " in small details to match the ranges he will do it .

Alan, Thanks for the interesting insight on some of the creative processes which often remains 'behind the scenes' in the creation of a line of figures.

Your upcoming Zulu War ambulance set looks stunning and will be a true highlight in my collect. Anxiously awaiting its release.

The fence sets are great.If I still collected ACW I'd be all over them and the rest of the ACW line as well.All their ranges are excellent IMO and I think they are trying very hard to keep the prices down,have quality items and of course make a profit while doing it.And we all do want them to make a profit or we won't have these wonderful figures to buy.Hopefully:wink2:they will make some unique sets like the fence sets for Clash of Empires.;)I love sets like these as they are like vignettes.I know I said this before but my first large scale figures were Conte's Troiani ACW series done by who else, Ken Osen
Mark

The fence sets are great.If I still collected ACW I'd be all over them and the rest of the ACW line as well.All their ranges are excellent IMO and I think they are trying very hard to keep the prices down,have quality items and of course make a profit while doing it.And we all do want them to make a profit or we won't have these wonderful figures to buy.Hopefully:wink2:they will make some unique sets like the fence sets for Clash of Empires.;)I love sets like these as they are like vignettes.I know I said this before but my first large scale figures were Conte's Troiani ACW series done by who else, Ken Osen
Mark

I have been in contact with Ken via the WB Facebook site and its been hinted that we will see scenics and structures to suppor the Clash of Empires range. I have suggested that a log cabin/cabins, a blockhouse, and perhaps stockade features would be welcomed. Ken responded to this suggestion with a non-verbal "thumbs up" icon . . . . . that has given me hope and encouragement . . . . can you just imagine structures with hand-hewned logs and dovetail notched corners . . . .

Last edited:
I hope this there will be some FIW figures too.Not just American militia but British soldiers,Compagnie Franches de la Marine,French militia,and regulars,American provincals.With FL,KC,and Britains themselves all doing AWI there is room for another FIW line.Jenkins is still putting out figures but I feel his interest is waning and his other lines are doing so well.I know the FIW and AWI aren't that far apart in years but there is quite a bit difference in uniforms and the indians and French played a much larger part (After all it was called The French & Indian War ^&grin) than AWI.Time will tell if this develops into a large range and I will still collect the indians no matter what.
Mark

I totally agree . . . . . Also, every new release supports previous releases which facilitates the collector's ability to create large scenes/dioramas without having to rely on the use of a large amount of dulplicate figures to do so . . . .

Very true. Everything does go together well.

I totally agree . . . . . Also, every new release supports previous releases which facilitates the collector's ability to create large scenes/dioramas without having to rely on the use of a large amount of dulplicate figures to do so . . . .

Hello all,

We have all been very busy and my apologies if it seems like I do not post as often as I used to.

As I have assured everyone since I took this post, we have a very dedicated creative team researching, developing, sculpting, duplicating and painting our new products.
I must also mention that I appreciate the hard work and skill of all of the other people involved in any new product development, from administrative staff here to the craftsman at the manufacturing facilities.

We have all made a commitment to do our very best to bring accurate renderings of uniforms, equipment and accessories to the range and to maintain a brand look to the work in style and proportions.
I believe we all work very well together and the end result shows it.

Alan, Graham, Trevor, Doug, Russ and I appreciate constructive criticism about the sculptures, and when possible consider the feedback in our new designs.
In addition to your comments we often make improvements based on suggestions from Chris, Dave Chip, Ted or Wendy when they see the sculpts for duplication or painting. Even with all of us looking at each sculpt, we occasionally miss something, but make every effort to make a note to improve the products that follow.

In the end I must take responsibility for whatever might be missed in the process, so I will apologize in advance as I am sure we will some make mistakes in the future.

I hope this helps clear up a few things and please understand that I really do appreciate the feedback.
All the best,
Kenneth Osen
General Manager & Creative Director
W. Britain

Hi Ken,
Thanks for taking the time to come on here and listen to our mindless babbling!
Here are some things I will annoyingly suggest:

Release of the already sculpted new Jane Austen figures (recruiting party, shepherd, sheep)
Napoleonic camp scene
More Christmas sets (Napoleonic street scene additions?)
French Napoleonic artillery, including both a limber or other equipment
KGL and La Haye Saint stuff
Napoleonic British landing part with sailors and marines
Mahdist ship to counter gunboat
British sailors pulling naval gun for Sudan (like the classic Britiains set, but modern matt!)
More Durbar (matt reissue of artillery?)

Regards,
Sandor :salute::

Users who are viewing this thread

Back