Having a grey day (1 Viewer)

Mitch

Major General
Guys...

Got this set through to me as a repair and repaint (some pics of the repair in the repairs thread). Here is the finished 88mm gun in field grey. One figure, the aimer, has been repainted not much work on this as it was just changing the colour of shirt trousers and helmet.

The remaining crew will be painted in the next couple of days. Hope you like it!!!
Mitch

Attachments

• DSCF2164.jpg
    DSCF2164.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 514
  • DSCF2160.jpg
    DSCF2160.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 510
  • DSCF2175.jpg
    DSCF2175.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 510
  • DSCF2149.jpg
    DSCF2149.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 512
  • DSCF2168.jpg
    DSCF2168.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 510
Wow, looks amazing. Great work! Nice touch putting the identification flag on the back too..

Excellent work Mitch. I wish I have your talen & patience. The repaint looks fantastic.

looks great the right model for the fob serie
richard {bravo}}

I know Wayne will love it!!!! it does seem strange with alot of collectors asking for more "grey" that more are not produced...Sammy

Looks real good, Mitch. Just looks right in the gray finish. Time to pop the top on some T-34's. {sm4} -- Al

Mitch
great model great paint job. Is it 1/32or 1/30 scale ?
guy:smile2:

Very good Mitch! great job, very smooth....Air-brush?

Mitch,
looks beautiful, still a wonder why we don't see grey on a regular basis?^&confuse

Mitch,

thanks for sharing your craft with us, I hope that I can emulate that in the future with some items that Wayne is interested in getting 'greyed'.

Can you let me know what paint you use?

What did you use for the highlights?

Any tips will be MOST welcome,

thanks for sharing this with us,

John

Mitch,

Great job! What a talent do you have...fantastic!{sm4} You also made right what K&C made wrong. I researched this AFV (8.8cm Flak 18 auf Selbstfahrlafette Zugkraftwagen) far as I could, saw as many pictures of it that are available, and there is no evidence that a single one was ever painted in camo. Approximately 10 built, (may vary up to 25, according to some sources). It first saw action in Poland in `39, France in `40 and it last saw service (about half a dozen) in early 43 in XXXIX PanzerKorps Heresgruppe Mitte in Russia. All of these AFV`s are pictured and described only and exclusively in gray...! That`s why I simply never added one to my collection, unless, of course, you take commissioned work...{sm4}

Firstly, Nice looking vehicle. Secondly does anyone else have additional info on the paint schemes of the original vehicles as far as camo versions put into service ^&confuse

Heck of a job Mitch! I actually think it looks better this way. Thanks for sharing your work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back