Heco Tinplate Models (1 Viewer)

Excellent looking models Louis.

You've become quite proficient. Now Terry and I have nothing to do with our time {eek3}

Brad

Thanks Brad!:smile2: I am just glad I don't have to pester you gentlemen anymore. I am not so proficient that I can figure out how to download all of the photographs in an auction, as the little ones I download end up little, and don't get big like they do on the auction^&confuse. If you know how to do that, perhaps you can have a look at the original auctions, and download the rest of the photos.:wink2:

What I do is copy and paste it to where I keep photos and then upload it from there.

What I do is copy and paste it to where I keep photos and then upload it from there.

I did that, and it worked great with the photo that was already big, but the smaller thumbnail photos you put your mouse on to make big copied as tiny, and I couldn't figure out how to get them to copy bigger. Basically, when I moved the mouse from the thumbnail to the bigger photo to copy it, the bigger photo disappeared, and I couldn't figure out how to make the mouse arrow be in two places at once.

I did that, and it worked great with the photo that was already big, but the smaller thumbnail photos you put your mouse on to make big copied as tiny, and I couldn't figure out how to get them to copy bigger. Basically, when I moved the mouse from the thumbnail to the bigger photo to copy it, the bigger photo disappeared, and I couldn't figure out how to make the mouse arrow be in two places at once.

These pictures any good Louis

Cheers

Martyn:)

Awesome Martyn, Thanks!:smile2: Wish I could do that!:eek:

Hi Louis

You can:wink2:

Using your "mouse" left click on the thumbnail picture you want to save, when it opens right click and select "save image as..." the link should then open to your picture library and the picture should be saved

I then upload them to Photobucket

Here's another from the same auction

Cheers

Martyn:)

Here's the figure of the standing corporal and the generator:

Attachments

• CJB Generator and corporal 2.jpg
    CJB Generator and corporal 2.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 252
Here's the figure of the standing corporal and the generator:

That picture of a generator brought back a few memories Louis. As a young soldier in The Royal Signals, one of my first "jobs" was to run a Coventry Climax petrol driven V8 genie, in the field, to provide both lighting, and to charge banks of Lead-Acid batteries for radio sets. One interesting side effect of running the beast, was an unauthorised ( and potentially dangerous) modification we often made to the exhaust pipes, which were originally covered with asbestos material - to help prevent the operators from getting burned - and also fires when re-fuelling from jerry cans. We used to remove a small portion of this bandage - and using a variety of utensils (usually mess-tins), heat water to boiling point by placing the utensil on the exposed portion of pipe. We could thus make a brew of tea - or better yet - have an almost endless supply of hot water for washing/shaving etc., which was difficult to get when living under canvas.:salute::

We used to have to guard the hot water supply well though - as unless you were wary - others would be watching and try to steal it! Indeed, one particular sergeant used to simply "pull rank" and commandeer our cans of hot water - and seek the favour of Officers, by giving it to them (the Creep!):mad:. As soon as he turned up and began doing this - we simply replaced the bandage and everyone did without - citing "Health and Safety" reasons for not producing any more! :D jb

Great story, JB! The man behind CJB Models, Colin Burkill, might have been one of the officers that pig of a sergeant was trying to impress. I am told he made these wonderful models to commemorate the vehicles he was responsible for when he was in H.M. Service in the late 1930's through WWII. Brian from Yeomanry Miniatures knows him, and told me he retired from making these models in his 80's, so he is in his 90's now, but Brian said he still has all his faculties.:smile2:

From Heco to wrecko to hecko...

Some time back I bought this little beauty from Ebay for cheap..My biggest gripe was that it did not have wing struts, it being an early era Heco..So I gathered all the info from YOUTUBE on how to solder and then managed to muck up much of the paintwork..The next step was a complete strip job to bare tin. I sent this and another plane to KV for a repaint. Mike did a great job on a German Albatros ( at a friends to be glossed ), but we had creative differences on the Neuport. But with his advice and after another 2 strip jobs, I was able to spray gloss this plane to my satisfaction. Mike ( KV ) has given me the confidence to attempt this work myself..Before.....

Attachments

• Heco%202.jpg
    Heco%202.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 288
From Heco to wrecko to hecko...

Some time back I bought this little beauty from Ebay for cheap..My biggest gripe was that it did not have wing struts, it being an early era Heco..So I gathered all the info from YOUTUBE on how to solder and then managed to muck up much of the paintwork..The next step was a complete strip job to bare tin. I sent this and another plane to KV for a repaint. Mike did a great job on a German Albatros ( at a friends to be glossed ), but we had creative differences on the Neuport. But with his advice and after another 2 strip jobs, I was able to spray gloss this plane to my satisfaction. Mike ( KV ) has given me the confidence to attempt this work myself..Before.....

This is the after effort using Krylon spray gloss paint and some patience..Message to Louis, if you have any Heco junkers around gathering dust, I would be happy to deal for them with the idea of a redo..Michael AFTER...

Attachments

• HPIM0680.JPG
    HPIM0680.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 217
  • HPIM0681.JPG
    HPIM0681.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 257
  • HPIM0682.JPG
    HPIM0682.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 442
  • HPIM0683.JPG
    HPIM0683.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 243
Thanks Brad!:smile2: I am just glad I don't have to pester you gentlemen anymore. I am not so proficient that I can figure out how to download all of the photographs in an auction, as the little ones I download end up little, and don't get big like they do on the auction^&confuse. If you know how to do that, perhaps you can have a look at the original auctions, and download the rest of the photos.:wink2:

Is this big enough?

CJB Mobile Generator.JPG

T2eC16ZHJGsFFMlgNbf3BRzvGHdrgw60_12_zpsc478d62b.jpg
tea ladies.jpg

Terry

Last edited:
Thanks to Terry and Martyn, now all the photos of both CJB Military Models recently at auction (the mobile generator I won, and the Mobile Canteen I lost) are up on this thread, where we continue to catalogue Heco Tinplate Models and CJB Models production (particularly as catalogues for these cottage manufacturers are few and far between).:smile2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back