Heco Tinplate Models (3 Viewers)

A Heco WWI British Mark IV tank, identical to the three I have, sold on ebay this morning for $315! I had paid only 100 GBP for the most recent one I had purchased via a Vectis auction. Ebay prices for Heco seem to be picking up.

A Heco WWI British Mark IV tank, identical to the three I have, sold on ebay this morning for $315! I had paid only 100 GBP for the most recent one I had purchased via a Vectis auction. Ebay prices for Heco seem to be picking up.

Now I wonder who's fault that is :rolleyes2: ^&grin

Cheers

Martyn:)

Missed out on a CJB Models troop transport lorry (which went for 241.99 GBP!{eek3}), but, as a consolation prize, picked up a very nice Toy Army Workshop armored lorry for 56 GBP:smile2:. Photos to follow upon receipt

At the London Show last weekend, I purchased five excellent CJB Models, as well as a Heco Tinplate Models WWII Mobile Radar. The CJB Models I purchased included the Beaverette Armored Car, Austin "Tilly" light utility vehicle, Morris CS8 15 cwt truck (battery office version), Moris D Type Battery Staff Car, and the Morris 8hp Radio Car. The other CJB collectors who cornered this gentleman cleaned him out - he also had a Dragon Mk 3 Artillery Tractor, another Morris CS8 (platoon truck version), the Austin Ambulance, and the three Morris 30 cwt military trucks. The seller was under the impression that other than the Morris Artillery Tractor (depicted in photographs from the collection of Luis "Artillery Crazy"), and a Mobile Canteen Truck like the one Yeomanry miniatures produces, the 12 CJB Military Models listed above are all Colin J. Burkill produced (he had no idea how many civilian models were produced).

When I have some time (and when the Heco model to be shipped by Clive arrives), I will take some photos of the newest CJB and Heco Tinplate Models additions.:smile2:

At the London Show last weekend, I purchased five excellent CJB Models, as well as a Heco Tinplate Models WWII Mobile Radar. The CJB Models I purchased included the Beaverette Armored Car, Austin "Tilly" light utility vehicle, Morris CS8 15 cwt truck (battery office version), Moris D Type Battery Staff Car, and the Morris 8hp Radio Car. The other CJB collectors who cornered this gentleman cleaned him out - he also had a Dragon Mk 3 Artillery Tractor, another Morris CS8 (platoon truck version), the Austin Ambulance, and the three Morris 30 cwt military trucks. The seller was under the impression that other than the Morris Artillery Tractor (depicted in photographs from the collection of Luis "Artillery Crazy"), and a Mobile Canteen Truck like the one Yeomanry miniatures produces, the 12 CJB Military Models listed above are all Colin J. Burkill produced (he had no idea how many civilian models were produced).

When I have some time (and when the Heco model to be shipped by Clive arrives), I will take some photos of the newest CJB and Heco Tinplate Models additions.:smile2:

Hi Louis,
Great ..... Will love to see these new add nos to the collection..
Cheers
Luiz

Hi Louis,
Great ..... Will love to see these new add nos to the collection..
Cheers
Luiz

Luiz,

I will try to post a photo I took on my I-Phone of the "ones that got away" so to speak - I couldn't afford more than 5, would have liked to have purchased a 6th, but some other collectors cleaned the seller out about 10 seconds after I closed the deal for the five I got. However, I did take a photo of the others, which I will try to post (Ed Curiel told me the resizing feature when you e-mail should enable me to post my own photos, so I will give it a shot).:smile2:

Here are the ones that got away (assuming this worked):

Attachments

• CJB Resized.JPG
    CJB Resized.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 275
Holy Cow, only umpteen years on this forum, and I finally uploaded a photo on my own!!!{sm4}

Here are the ones that got away (assuming this worked):

I spy with my little eye a TROPHY box on the shelf Louis^&grin......... did it contain WW1 figures....and did they come home with you :wink2:

Cheers

I spy with my little eye a TROPHY box on the shelf Louis^&grin......... did it contain WW1 figures....and did they come home with you :wink2:

Cheers

I am awaiting word on a possible Trophy WWI acquisition from the show . . . :wink2:

A few photos of real vehicles I saw at Duxford and Bovington which were made by Heco Tinplate Models or CJB Models:

First a Rolls Royce Armored Car and an Austin Peerless Armored Car, both made by Heco Tinplate Models:

Attachments

• Resized Rolls.JPG
    Resized Rolls.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 182
  • Peerless Resized.JPG
    Peerless Resized.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 224
Keeping with the unusual armored cars theme, a Beaverette armored car (done in 1:32 scale by CJB Military Models) and a Crossley Armored Car (done by Heco Tinplate Models):

Attachments

• Beaverette Resized.JPG
    Beaverette Resized.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 171
  • Crossley Resized.JPG
    Crossley Resized.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 185
Lets move to WWI tanks: A Renault FT17 Tankette (the handsome devil standing next to it is our good buddy Howard Woods) and a Whippet Tank, both made by Heco Tinplate Models in 1:32 scale:

Attachments

• FT17 resized.JPG
    FT17 resized.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 209
  • A Whippet resized.JPG
    A Whippet resized.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 222
Two more done by Heco Tinplate Models, a WWI Mark IV Tank and a Cierva Autogyro:

Attachments

• Mark IV Resized.JPG
    Mark IV Resized.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 217
  • Autogyro Resized.JPG
    Autogyro Resized.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 249

Users who are viewing this thread

Back