Heco Tinplate Models (4 Viewers)

The gentlemen from whom I obtained the RAF Groundcrew set sent me photos of a Heco Tinplate Nissan Hut, but one with the brick from and rear walls (a type I had not yet obtained). I agreed to purchase it, and he is trying to lay his hands on another Heco figure set he has.:smile2:

The gentlemen from whom I obtained the RAF Groundcrew set sent me photos of a Heco Tinplate Nissan Hut, but one with the brick from and rear walls (a type I had not yet obtained). I agreed to purchase it, and he is trying to lay his hands on another Heco figure set he has.:smile2:

Picking up the Nissan Hut tomorrow, and hopefully another Heco figure set as well.:wink2:

Got the brick-fronted Nissen Hut today. Also picked up a nice Toy Army Workshop horsedrawn supply cart, some old glossy K&C Afghans and an old K&C Flying Tiger Pilot figure.:smile2:

I sent Brad and Terry three photos with a polite request that one of them post them on this thread.:smile2: The photos depict my new Heco brick-fronted nissan hut, with a Heco general service truck, Heco RAF Pilot, crew chief and ground crew. In the background, there are some other Heco and K&C aircraft, figures and a Heco tower with a windsock.

By the way, did you notice the shadow on the back wall? That's a real shadow of one of the Heco planes I have hanging from fishing line above the airfield. Can one of you expert's identify the plane from its shadow?:wink2:

I sent Brad and Terry three photos with a polite request that one of them post them on this thread.:smile2: The photos depict my new Heco brick-fronted nissan hut, with a Heco general service truck, Heco RAF Pilot, crew chief and ground crew. In the background, there are some other Heco and K&C aircraft, figures and a Heco tower with a windsock.

By the way, did you notice the shadow on the back wall? That's a real shadow of one of the Heco planes I have hanging from fishing line above the airfield. Can one of you expert's identify the plane from its shadow?:wink2:
Louis, from the shape of the wings, wing tips, and horozontal stabilizer, it looks to be an Albatros of some sort, meaning I can't tell if it is a single seat fighter or 2-seat recon craft, from the angle of the shadow. -- Al

Louis, from the shape of the wings, wing tips, and horozontal stabilizer, it looks to be an Albatros of some sort, meaning I can't tell if it is a single seat fighter or 2-seat recon craft, from the angle of the shadow. -- Al

Wow Al! I should have known you'd nail it! Absolutely correct!:smile2:

Thanks for posting, Terry!:smile2:

Al,

I took a look. Its a single seater fighter version of the Albatros DV. Good eye!:smile2:

Al,

I took a look. Its a single seater fighter version of the Albatros DV. Good eye!:smile2:
Thanks Louis. I should have realized it would be the iconic single seat fighter. Albatros fighters, from the D-I thru the D-Va, were in front line service from autumn 1916 thru the end of the war. They were a mainstay of German air strength. -- Al

I was lucky enough to pick up another CJB Models 30 cwt forward control troop transport lorry, this one with a tinplate top. Photos to follow upon receipt.:wink2:

Inspired by Heco. Here is The Metal Shed version of the German Gunboat.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 312
Just made a deal for another CJB Models Morris Truck. Photos to follow on receipt.:smile2:

I was lucky enough to pick up another CJB Models 30 cwt forward control troop transport lorry, this one with a tinplate top. Photos to follow upon receipt.:wink2:

My newest (9th) CJB Model arrived today, and I will take some photos and get the to Brad and Terry to post.:smile2:

I just sent Brad and Terry a couple of photos of the new CJB Models Morris 30 CWT Troop Transport Truck with a polite request that one of them post them on this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back