Honestly...is anybody really gonna stop? (3 Viewers)

mikemiller1955

Lieutenant General
K&C's "retroactive price increase"..."dealer no discount" policy...or "loss of a dealership news" has really been run through the grinder this week...

seems everyone has posted an opinion...

lets hear some honest answers now...

Is anybody really going to stop buying K&C's products over this?

I have seen claims...I have seen promises...I have seen threats...

but is anybody really gonna boycott them over this...

I'll be honest...I'm not...:eek:

I have already ordered some sets to cash in before the retro price increase goes into effect...

I don't like it or agree with it...but I'm not quitting them...

Is anybody really gonna stop buying K&C products or even slow down on them over any of these issues...

I saw a lot of post of people saying..."enough is enough"...or..."the straw that broke the camels back"...

but is anybody serious...

I have some on order
Will keep buying
Might be selective
I'm a collector not a politician

Since I,ve been in the middle of this controversy I,ll be honest. Just pre ordered some K&C this morning, but I actually felt guilty as I was not happy with some of their (K&C) recent actions.
One thing for sure, I was on the fence about some K&C products, should I buy or not. Well the answer is now, do not buy.
Gary

I will be looking at other companies' offerings first. K/C is on my not first choice list. Maybe some time off from buying K/C only might ease the bad taste I have from the recent bad form on the part of members and mfg. Michael

I think this thread partially answers the question.

I wonder when these kinds of threads are ever going to stop :rolleyes:

I'm not stopping buying K&C, there are still a lot of Napoleonic troops need to be quatered in my barracks :)

This month is a bit heavy for me, as I'm rolling about 3 month's purchases into one month, just to make savings before next year's rise. There are still more that are being increased, but the budget funding has been expended for 2010 and so future purcahes will be at the higher rate.

Just wish that my pay packet was increasing at the same rate.... maybe I'll have to increase my painting commission charges to compensate?

John

I have kept out of the price war topic on purpose as I have stopped my collecting habit for awhile just getting odds and ends and am starting to sell off lines I no longer need. So I am already being very selective on my buys so the price rise increase won't affect my way of buying in the future.Simmo.

Personally, I don't think it changes a thing.;)

I agree.I think we have all been buying at the higher prices.I believe the shock of this was the price increase of existing lines.I don't think this has happened before.
Mark

I think this thread partially answers the question.

I wonder when these kinds of threads are ever going to stop :rolleyes:

Brad...your reply...

"I wonder when these kinds of threads are ever going to stop."...

accented with you taking the "extra effort" to include the "rolls eyes" icon...has me perplexed that I may have pushed your buttons the wrong way...

well Brad...if so...I am so sorry...I sure hope this thread I opened has not upset you too much...your personal opinion means a whole lot to me...and I'm sure to everyone else on the forum...so I hope I have not offended you...

I got half a dozen polite replies...they were nice sincere comments...and then there's your post...

"I wonder when these kinds of thread are ever going to stop."

as you took the time to reply...I kind of wonder why you even waste your time with "these types of threads"...it's kind of obvious that "these kinds of threads" rub you the wrong way...

I'm really sorry for asking a question that clumped me in your implied unnecessary......"these kind of threads" category...

for the last week...I have read over 600 messages on the pros and cons of K&C with quite a few posters vowing to never buy from K&C again...after everything has cooled off a bit...I was just curious to see who was still committed to boycotting K&C as they claimed in previous threads...

where you directed me to a post entitled...

"What's on your list before the price rise guys?"

that you say partially answers my question on..."Who is still serious about boycotting K&C"...I sorry...but I couldn't find a post on there that was relevant to my question...perhaps you sent a link to the wrong thread for your reference...

sorry Brad..."You da man"...I'm just a guy with a question...

perhaps all the members should check with you in the future to see if their questions or threads are forum worthy...

thanks for the help Brad...thanks for the post...I'm enlightened now...

in the future you might just pass over my stuff and "these kind of threads" and save your words of wisdom for the "important threads"...

Well......................................................

WHEN I GET CAUGHT UP I WILL!!!!

Hahaha

No really...............................................

that's the truth!!!!

No really, really, I will probably have to start changing my standards somewhat. In other words, I will probably just start getting my favorites or figures that make my diorama better. So it will change my buying somewhat I am sure.

No, I am waiting for the ME262, Winter Tiger and a few other sets.
Brian

K&C's "retroactive price increase"..."dealer no discount" policy...or "loss of a dealership news" has really been run through the grinder this week...

seems everyone has posted an opinion...

lets hear some honest answers now...

Is anybody really going to stop buying K&C's products over this?

I have seen claims...I have seen promises...I have seen threats...

but is anybody really gonna boycott them over this...

I'll be honest...I'm not...:eek:

I have already ordered some sets to cash in before the retro price increase goes into effect...

I don't like it or agree with it...but I'm not quitting them...

Is anybody really gonna stop buying K&C products or even slow down on them over any of these issues...

I saw a lot of post of people saying..."enough is enough"...or..."the straw that broke the camels back"...

but is anybody serious...

YES, I'M SERIOUS...

Look at all my K&C I have on eBay for sale right NOW CHEAP,....

I'm DONE with them....

http://shop.ebay.com/ixec/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25

Did Minichamps cut off dealers and raise prices? I believe you were selling K&C before this Brew-ha-ha started.

No, Minichamps has gone PC because of the "feedback" they got about selling "Nazi" items and have now stop manufacturing WW II, German Items...for now . Kind of like 21st Century's goods when they sold to Walmart....The PC police had there say and now it's over...

No, I've been selling off ALL my personal collection of K&C... I'm not a dealer...

Dear Mike Miller, Jazzeum is a big time friend of the K/C brand. All this negativity against the K/C brand makes him uncomfortable even though the K/C brand made all the bad news, all by their lonesome. In your defense, you asked an honest question. Some folks like Ixec have made no secret ( or maybe it is a bad kept secret )that his new friend is TG and he has been anti-Andy for a while now. My answer was truthful. Not the issue over increased costs slowing me, but the back handed way the deposed dealers were treated by forum members and then the K/C brand...God forbid that K/C overproduces klunkers and a small dealer must eat them forever and heaven forbid that a member or collector might be used as an informant for K/C policy decisions. Andy has enough buddies on this forum to help him out without an innocent posted remark perking up the ears of the K/C police..Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Back