Honestly...is anybody really gonna stop? (2 Viewers)

The manufacturers of past years did not create serious competition to K/C products with the exception of Honour Bound.....Newer Manufacturers such as Thomas Gunn, John Jenkins, Collector's Showcase and of course Figarti and First Legion are different animals....Figarti and First Legion especially have been producing products on a par or better then K/C....Thus K/C is no longer in a class of it's own....They no longer have a captive audience and lately have presented themselves in a less then diplomatic manner.....Frank

Sure they did create serious competition. I collected 1:50 Corgi, 1:35 Minichamps and 1:72 Dragon and some FOV before I had even heard of King and Country. How small were the early K&C production runs - probably less than Corgi or FOV or Dragon. And I have never felt like a hostage. I bought what I liked and enjoyed them at the time and I am still doing that today but with a new cast of manufacturers and at a different scale. I've seen some of the very early models K&C made, and quite frankly preferred what I was collecting over the old K&C anyway. I started collecting K&C only when Corgi and Minichamps slowed down and K&C had a sudden jump in casting quality.

Terry

I'm sorry guys but I agree with Mikes sentiments at the start of this thread. Theres no way I would give up collecting my favourite product, whilst I do honestly feel for the guys who are no longer dealers there is always two sides to every story. I love this hobby and to give it up over this would not only be pointless but also melodramatic.

Rob

Dear "Rob":

Well said! I could not agree more. Jolly good!

"Iron Brigade"

Last edited:
Can we not all juust be at peace with one another?!?! Honestly, this hobby is important to us all, and I do not want it to become another tangle of politics!!!!!! You are grown men and should not be getting in a fit just because... I mean we all are on this forum because we have a common passion, not because we want to give eachother pointless agony! This message is not directed at any one person, group of people, etc... but to all of us, including myself.
-Sandor

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny how its the same blokes having a moan about prices etc.:rolleyes:

Seriously guys this is a hobbie and supposed to be fun!!:D

Judging from some of the comments lately, I'd think I was in a resthome surrounded by a bunch of old woman. :p

Come on chaps its time to move on.

Lets face it, no one likes price increases at the best of times.....but hey thats life......take it or leave it.:p

I probably have less to spend than most, especially when considering our exchange rate and postage costs, not to mention the fact that we DON'T have a K&C dealer in New Zealand.:(

In saying that I love K&C products and I'll just be purchasing less.

Toddy

Last edited by a moderator:

Judging from some of the comments lately, I'd think I was in a resthome surrounded by a bunch of old woman. :p

Lets face it, no one likes price increases at the best of times.....but hey thats life......take it or leave it.:p

I probably have less to spend than most, especially when considering our exchange rate and postage costs, not to mention the fact that we DON'T have a K&C dealer in New Zealand.:(

Toddy

Toddy...

with the exception of a few people...

I think everyone is in accord with you...

maybe a little less buying...but no real damage to the company...

K&C will survive...:D...I will help keep them afloat with my purchases...:rolleyes:

For all of our benefit, let us leave this thread to the depths of internet history...

Toddy

Toddy...

with the exception of a few people...

I think everyone is in accord with you...

maybe a little less buying...but no real damage to the company...

K&C will survive...:D...I will help keep them afloat with my purchases...:rolleyes:

Is there any other subject we can talk about??

For all of our benefit, let us leave this thread to the depths of internet history...

All good points, probably time to move on and get back to celebrating the enjoyment this hobby brings.

Rob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back