Honour Bound Future Projects-sneak preview (4 Viewers)

jazzeum said:
Ana,

I hope you and Daniel can keep the boys enthusiastic about North Africa. Would that be a tiger. I don't know that there were that many Tigers there. What might you plan on doing for North Africa or is this all just in the talking/thinking stage?

Hi Brad,

See: www.fprado.com/armorsite/tigers.htm (especially the Camouflage and Markings of the Tigers Batallions part).

Thanks. Since the Tigers were deployed in late 1942, probably many of them didn't see action in North Africa, maybe just Tunisia.

Although it would be interesting to see what Honour Bound would do with a Tiger and there hasn't been a North Africa Tiger yet, how many more Tigers do we really need. I understand that Tigers sell but I'd like to see something else done first.

jazzeum said:
Thanks. Since the Tigers were deployed in late 1942, probably many of them didn't see action in North Africa, maybe just Tunisia.

Although it would be interesting to see what Honour Bound would do with a Tiger and there hasn't been a North Africa Tiger yet, how many more Tigers do we really need. I understand that Tigers sell but I'd like to see something else done first.

Like what?

You got me good buddy. I'll leave that to the experts. But how about a light Panzer I, a Crusader or a Bedford. I'd just like to see something else besides a Tiger.

Brad

There were a handful of Tigers in Tunisia late 42 early 43. Painted plain yellow I believe. Must have scared the **** **** out of the 2pdr armed tankers! But easy to drive round when they broke down? I still think Tunisia is a missing theatre as the yanks, DAK and 8th Army can all have fun together:rolleyes: .

Kevin

Ana, What tank is in this picture? Doesn't look like any of the panthers.

Attachments

• bp1.jpg
    bp1.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 119
jazzeum said:
You got me good buddy. I'll leave that to the experts. But how about a light Panzer I, a Crusader or a Bedford. I'd just like to see something else besides a Tiger.

I think we probably will get a Panzer III, IV, and Tiger at some point. Those are the primary German tanks even if they have been done by others. I thought KC produced a Tiger for North Africa early on. Made of wood or something - I could be mistaken.

TORICDA said:
Ana, What tank is in this picture? Doesn't look like any of the panthers.

I'm not an expert, but it looks like K&C's WS67 (king tiger). Correct me if I'm wrong...

Joey, I think you are correct. It also looks like a painted version of the kitchen in the right foreground of the questioning picture.

Guys,

You are right: it's K&C King Tiger at the back. We have it there to check the scale to fit with our tanks and figures.

The field kitchen is 1:32 one, I don't remember the company that made it. It's the kitchen model to be dragged by a tank. Gabriel and Daniel have such models since they are old plastic modellers. Gabriel is using it as a reference for sculpting. They are quite useful for details, although he mainly uses plans and drawings for the process.

Ana

I enlarged the image so we can get a better looky. For those of you who have a HB Panther will notice the the gas can on the side of this tank is the same one the comes with the HB panthers. OK Ana spll the beans.

Attachments

• TANK mystry.JPG
    TANK mystry.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
A K&C King Tiger! Thats it! I thought we had a glimps of something in the works. Dam

Ana-
Do you think HB will have anything new in time for the Chicago show? BTW: My Winter Panther should be delivered today!

Doug,

We are working hard to be able to take a few new sets to Chicago: Bergepanther in 2 or 3 versions, Field Kitchen in 2 versions, the Soviet Panther, and we still don't know if we'll have the amphibious jeep in time but, if not, we'll bring the prototype so you can see it.

Look, the postman is ringing the bell! :D Just kidding

Ana

Last edited:
Doug,

We are working hard to be able to take a few new sets to Chicago: Bergepanther in 2 or 3 versions, Field Kitchen in 2 versions, the Soviet Panther, and we still don't know if we'll have the amphibious jeep in time but, if not, we'll bring the prototype so you can see it.

Look, the postman is ringing the bell! :D Just kidding

Ana

Ana-
That sounds great. Any possibility we might see some pictures before the show? Thanks again for the Winter Panther. A fantastic job!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back