Honour Bound Future Projects-sneak preview (3 Viewers)

jazzeum said:
Looks very nice. Whoever took those pictures is a very skilled photographer. Ayy, so much product, so little money :( .

That would be Ana, the resident skilled photographer. She does all her own photography for her Beau Geste and Honour Bound ads as well.

DMNamiot said:
Hi Guys,

The Durbar in Matte finish is without a doubt the worst idea. Sorry to be this critical but the Durbar is just the kind of spectacle you want for a old style glossy series! Please dont make changes in the Durbar area. Your WWII series with Honour Bound is excellent but not my main line right now so it will have to wait until I finish with the Durbar and some Northwest Frontier ideas I have.

But please dont mess with the Durbar line its absolute perfection right where it is!

Dave

Hi Dave,

I think that you don't have to worry, our wishes are not orders:p .

I'd like you to post, if you don't mind, your Durbar collection (i.e. the way they look displayed). I really find that serie interesting. In fact, it's the only one in the old style glossy that attracts me. Thanks.

Meilleurs sentiments,
Pierre.

Pierre said:
Hi Dave,

I think that you don't have to worry, our wishes are not orders:p .

I'd like you to post, if you don't mind, your Durbar collection (i.e. the way they look displayed). I really find that serie interesting. In fact, it's the only one in the old style glossy that attracts me. Thanks.

Meilleurs sentiments,
Pierre.

Once you start down that road, there's no going back. I've picked up a few glossies and there's something about them. We may have started collecting K & C but once you open Pandora's box, that's it.

Ana-
Is the Winter Panther an Ausf A like Barkmann or a different version?

Score one for the "Get Real" crowd, beautiful work Honour Bound. You are slowly buy surely building my Germans Armor support. The Americans are waiting for theirs. They may have to purchase the K&C Stewart and Sherman, but they are afraid of breakdowns, can they hold on for Honour Bound to come to the rescue in the knick of time!!!!!!
They "Got Real" Alex

Last edited:
jazzeum said:
Once you start down that road, there's no going back. I've picked up a few glossies and there's something about them. We may have started collecting K & C but once you open Pandora's box, that's it.

Hi Brad,

I am tempted, I am tempted. I'll finish catching up (SOHK, AR, AE, IC and Romans) and after that, I'll take a decision (...meanwhile, they may be available in 1:30).

Pierre.

Hi Pierre,

I posted some shots on the Britians Thread a while back. They were a little small so I will see if I can get some better shots posted. I dont have my entire Durbar set displayed mainly due to my wife intercepting a few boxes and putting them in the future Christmas/Birthday locker. But I have a large display none the less. I am nearly complete with the entire Britains line(minus 2 or 3 sets) and have made a big dent in the Marlborough series also. Beau Geste will be next.

Take Care

Dave

Doug - I think that it's a Panther Ausf A, but will have to ask the boyz to confirm that.

Pierre - I don't have pictures of the whole Durbar except the ones we took last year, while settling up the exhibition table at the Chicago show.

CH16.jpg

CH15.jpg

I have a picture for domestic use of the four main elephants (the baby elephant is not there); here it is, might help.
elephants.jpg

Ana

Hi Ana,

Those elephants are superb and they look great on that photo. Maybe...

Pierre.

Just what the heck is it about the human being that some have an overwhelming desire to gather smaller versions of themselves. Soldiers, dolls, horses, Egyptians, Chinese, on and on in various forms, shapes and sizes.

Those elephants look so wonderful. I wish I had more money, I'd get them and proudly display them in my living room. They have such beauty and history behind them.

I hope someday to travel to India before it becomes totally westernized. While during my navy career I had the opportunity to see and discover 37 different countries, unfortunately India was not one of them and I have always had a fasination with all things Indian. Perhaps in a former life I was an Indian.

I finally put the Honour Bound Panthers together and the finished product was very traumatic to me, yes I said traumatic. Man they are heavy, as I am sure all of the Polly-stone is. How delicate is this stuff has anyone ever dropped one. Boy I thought the 1/35 plastic was delicate. The Tracks do give me an uneasy feeling, being used to ones that roll. I guess you could classify this stuff as sculptures, I only thought that applied to the soldiers. Don't mind me this was just a little 1/35 and FOV withdrawl episode. This stuff looks awesom...Alex

Firebat said:
I finally put the Honour Bound Panthers together and the finished product was very traumatic to me, yes I said traumatic. Man they are heavy, as I am sure all of the Polly-stone is. How delicate is this stuff has anyone ever dropped one. Boy I thought the 1/35 plastic was delicate. The Tracks do give me an uneasy feeling, being used to ones that roll. I guess you could classify this stuff as sculptures, I only thought that applied to the soldiers. Don't mind me this was just a little 1/35 and FOV withdrawl episode. This stuff looks awesom...Alex

I wouldn't advise dropping it - particularly if it lands on your foot. My rule is that once I have it set up to my liking I avoid tinkering with it.

Firebat said:

Polystone products are very much sculptures. They are delicate because they're made from a calcium carbonate (chalk dust) and resin mix and I wouldn't recommend you drop one to find out how tough they are :) However polystone does provide an economical material for low volume sellers such as K & C and HB that can't afford to make vehicles from diecast metal.

OzDigger said:
Polystone products are very much sculptures. They are delicate because they're made from a calcium carbonate (chalk dust) and resin mix and I wouldn't recommend you drop one to find out how tough they are :) However polystone does provide an economical material for low volume sellers such as K & C and HB that can't afford to make vehicles from diecast metal.

It is a very interesting material. The only vehicles I have so far are (K&C) 2 Jeeps, M8 Armored Car, Amtrak and 2 (HB) Panthers, I am growing to like the Polystone. I wonder how much more they would be if they were diecast? The molded tracks still make me a little uneasy. HB did make them look real though.......Alex

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Those elephants are giving me withdrawls! I really love them and the nearly anything to do with the Raj. I too wish I could visit India I have a friend who went there as an Exchange Student to their Command and General Staff College. He was there for a year and had a fantastic time working with the Idian Army. I would love something like that. In my time in the Army I only made it to 18 countries. I do plan on seeing quite a few more before I cash in the chips. Anyway I will begin saving the pennies to get a few of those elephants on my Durbar display.

Dave

I am beginning to the get the sinking feeling that we may not see any new HB releases until the Chicago show in Sept. Would make good marketing sense to make a big splash at the show, but the wait!

Combat said:
I am beginning to the get the sinking feeling that we may not see any new HB releases until the Chicago show in Sept. Would make good marketing sense to make a big splash at the show, but the wait!

Only a couple of months, not too bad.

Combat said:

Nope, don't worry. You'll start seeing new product in August as far as I know.
Regards,

Guys,

For your joy...enjoy!
wpp2sm.jpg

wpp3sm.jpg

wpp1sm.jpg

Your favorite dealer will be receiving a Winter Panther for each of you in about 5 weeks :cool:

Take care,

Ana

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back