How many Revolutionary War guys out there? (1 Viewer)

I know all the hype with Civil War and the Zulu War. Where are all you Rev War guys? Are the Rev War guys geographically based or spread all over?

The Revolutionary War is one of my areas to collect, though I collect and paint my own, primarily. I've lived all my life in SE PA, except for a year living in Munich.

Prost!
Brad

I am a UK collector of King & Country AWI figures (possibly the only one in England as a member on Treefrog)! :salute::

Best d*mn series to collect IMO! {sm4}^&grin

I like that Britains has done battle/era specific sets but there are only 3 generic pose sets plus 2 "command" figs for most series. Did Britains ever fill the boat crossing the Delaware?

I would collect the Revolutionary figures if I had enough money hahaha. I can only afford to stick with one area and that is the ACW...at least for now.

I'm a "Rev War" guy in general - that and medieval.. Having said that, I don't collect a lot of metal figures - but have 15 or 20 Britains Rev War figures and their Concord Bridge set. Will add more as I can...

Jim

I collect Rev war and ACW. ( still hoping for matt F&I and Plains War) I love the new figures coming out. I live in Maine so there are a lot Rev war sites near by. Lexington, Concord and Bunker Hill are less than two hours from me!

Travis

I collect Rev war and ACW. ( still hoping for matt F&I and Plains War) I love the new figures coming out. I live in Maine so there are a lot Rev war sites near by. Lexington, Concord and Bunker Hill are less than two hours from me!

Travis

As well as Kittery ME and Portsmouth NH Travis.

Hi All1
I think this new catalog is offering a good mix to the W. Britain AWI range. Some of these figures have been on our list for some time and as mentioned I am looking forward to getting multiples of some of the Grenadiers for my own collection.
I sculpted 23 all new figures for this release with 11 Colonial Militia, 7 18th Royal Irish Grenadiers, 1 Ensign with a King's Colour from the 18th and 4 new 10th Regiment of Foot light company men. This should help 'flesh out' earlier releases in the range until more new sculpts are added early next year.
Here is an example of using several of the same figure for my 80th Regiment of Foot display from some time ago.
DSCN7856.jpg

All the Best,
Ken Osen

Hi All1
I think this new catalog is offering a good mix to the W. Britain AWI range. Some of these figures have been on our list for some time and as mentioned I am looking forward to getting multiples of some of the Grenadiers for my own collection.
I sculpted 23 all new figures for this release with 11 Colonial Militia, 7 18th Royal Irish Grenadiers, 1 Ensign with a King's Colour from the 18th and 4 new 10th Regiment of Foot light company men. This should help 'flesh out' earlier releases in the range until more new sculpts are added early next year.
Here is an example of using several of the same figure for my 80th Regiment of Foot display from some time ago.
DSCN7856.jpg

All the Best,
Ken Osen

I grew up in Manchester N.H. and now live in Greenville, N.C.
Benjamin

As my forum handle indicates, I am a huge rev war guy!! I am extremely happy to see Britains finally do some militia figures. They haven't done any since they were under the ownship of RC/Ertl. I will definitely be getting these new militia figures. I think they all look great!

I've lived in southern NJ, just outside of Philadelphia, all my life so my area is one of the main revolutionary war attractions, if not THE main attraction. We have Valley Forge, Brandywine, Washington's Crossing, Morristown, Princeton and of course Philadelphia (just to mention a few). It's a great area to live in for a rev war buff like me.

Mark

Revolutionary War is my thing too. There are many other ranges that I can appreciate, but I only actually collect the AWI. I have, at different times, picked up AWI pieces from Britains, K & C, and First Legion. As Ken alluded to, Britains has some new ones coming this year. They look great, especially the militia with their various civilian clothes.

Noah

Good to see the AWI guys are here. The new Britians figures look exciting,(Great job Ken) can not wait to get them in the shop. Hopefully when the shelves are full I can convert some more to collect this series. My 7 year old daughter was waiting for a NEW batch to start her collection. Her bothers do the Zulu War and ACW. Now she has first crack at a bunch of new figures, she has circled them all!

Judging from the Thread thus far AWI collectors are spread far and wide.......you can certainly count me in on the list (Kiwi). Love the AWI era & the French/Indians wars too. Most of my collection is Conte & K&C, but Britains are building a nice series as well......great seeing more variety from various manufacturers{bravo}}

Cheers from NZ

I have become a plastics collector over the years but I started with Imrie/Risle kits years ago when they were cheaper and more available.
I have a diorama in waiting of a section of Bunker Hill. The painted figures are on display on my shelf until I get back to that 35 year old project. The 1st incarnation of "Bunker Hill" survived the "Blizzard of 78" in a wreaked summer cottage on the coast. I still have several dozen Imrie/Risle AWI kits of the British marching and advancing that will get painted someday. American War of Independence is a colorful era to do. Sorry to go off topic as these are not Britains ltd.

Breeds4.JPGBreeds5.JPGBreeds10.JPG

I have become a plastics collector over the years but I started with Imrie/Risle kits years ago when they were cheaper and more available.
I have a diorama in waiting of a section of Bunker Hill. The painted figures are on display on my shelf until I get back to that 35 year old project. The 1st incarnation of "Bunker Hill" survived the "Blizzard of 78" in a wreaked summer cottage on the coast. I still have several dozen Imrie/Risle AWI kits of the British marching and advancing that will get painted someday. American War of Independence is a colorful era to do. Sorry to go off topic as these are not Britains ltd.

View attachment 97392View attachment 97393View attachment 97394

Hi Scott,
Nice painting.
Benjamin

Hi Scott,
Some of my first metal kits were I&R AWI figures that my uncle gave to me. I remember looking at the catalog of silhouettes to pick kit numbers and poses out. In those days I used Bondo auto spot putty for filling joints and automobile primer for the first coat. Dad always had that in the garage!
I ended painting a fair number of the I&R kits before I discovered Historex and started chopping those up to become almost anything but French Napoleonic infantry.
One of my first Historex French Infanterie de Ligne plastic figure kits quickly became a British 88th Regiment of Foot figure with a fair amount of carving, some plastic and A&B epoxy putty.
I guess the rest is history.
Nice to see you still have some of your early collection.
Ken

Ken, I was planning to go to the Saratoga Soldier Soldier shop next week to pick up a few I&R kits while on vacation but I was told by email that the shop is now closed . They still mail order but kits are $20.00 ea. I have made a few Historex kits and I have used their accessories. I made a 74th Regiment of Foot Sergeant out of Historex parts for a buddy who has a reenactment group representing that unit.
Rev War is a good era to paint and collect. It's tough to reenact because it involves 18th century head hair and no facial hair to do the impression right plus a body that looks good in male period fashion.
I painted a few more I&R Minute Men and Brits while I was unemployed during 2009/10. I tend to do my own painting rather than collect painted figures but it's fun to look and Britains is making a good product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back