I built a new fort and diorama... (1 Viewer)

Fabulous Mike. One wonders what had to go when another room was purloined ? Ah well this is more important anyway.{sm4}Robin.

Great Fort Mike and a really colorful display, I sometimes forget how many sets there are in that range. I purchased Two sets, Mounted Saladin and Fight to the Death, but decided to sell them as I didn't have the space for another range. I envy your room acquisition, I'm very limited with my rooms, I recently had to rearrange my displays to fit a Queen size bed in my hobby room. Now my Waffen SS and LAH display is in a cupboard behind closed doors, which some may think is the best place for them ^&grin

Brilliant work Mike! It looks amazing and is sure to bring endless hours of enjoyment. Thanks for sharing you latest achievement and congratulations!

Joe

I finished a new fort and diorama the other day...I'm gonna start documenting it on here with some pictures...the fort is it's 33"s long x 31"s wide and 15"s tall...it has 18 interior doors plus the front gate...it is a seamless one piece construction fort...not modular...all the pieces in this diorama are K&C products except for the fort...the palm trees and the tent...it was a long project...but it's finished for now...I will post more pictures soon...Andy did a great job with this series...probably more figures than most ranges....

Outstanding work and creativity Mike...
Congratulations from all of us in Hong Kong!
Andy.

I finished a new fort and diorama the other day...I'm gonna start documenting it on here with some pictures...the fort is it's 33"s long x 31"s wide and 15"s tall...it has 18 interior doors plus the front gate...it is a seamless one piece construction fort...not modular...all the pieces in this diorama are K&C products except for the fort...the palm trees and the tent...it was a long project...but it's finished for now...I will post more pictures soon...Andy did a great job with this series...probably more figures than most ranges....
Great job on the castle/fort Mike! I also like the close ups showing the figures. Fabulous Crusades collection!

Outstanding fort Mike {bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

Stay safe

Martyn:)

Martyn...thanks...you stay safe and keep the family safe too...

Very nicely created scene enhanced with the superb fort. I also like the arrangement of figures outside the tent. Well done. Greg.

Greg...ty!

Mike,
A very colorful series indeed. You've made a great looking fort. I can't wait to see the interior.

Steve

Steve...will take some interior pics soon...ty!

Great work looks superb Mike.

Wayne...ty!

Fabulous Mike. One wonders what had to go when another room was purloined ? Ah well this is more important anyway.{sm4}Robin.

Robin...ty!

Great Fort Mike and a really colorful display, I sometimes forget how many sets there are in that range. I purchased Two sets, Mounted Saladin and Fight to the Death, but decided to sell them as I didn't have the space for another range. I envy your room acquisition, I'm very limited with my rooms, I recently had to rearrange my displays to fit a Queen size bed in my hobby room. Now my Waffen SS and LAH display is in a cupboard behind closed doors, which some may think is the best place for them ^&grin

Matt...I think inevitably that we all run out of room if we keep collecting...ty!

Brilliant work Mike! It looks amazing and is sure to bring endless hours of enjoyment. Thanks for sharing you latest achievement and congratulations!

Joe

Joe...ty!

Outstanding work and creativity Mike...
Congratulations from all of us in Hong Kong!
Andy.

Andy...ty!
would love some more Saracens if you feel the urge to make them!

Great job on the castle/fort Mike! I also like the close ups showing the figures. Fabulous Crusades collection!

George...ty...I'm guessing you are missing some of your fantastic collection that you are selling off...

more exterior pics...

Attachments

• 1 (1).jpg
    1 (1).jpg
    643.6 KB · Views: 137
  • 1 (2).jpg
    1 (2).jpg
    356.1 KB · Views: 141
  • 1 (3).jpg
    1 (3).jpg
    525.6 KB · Views: 136
  • 1 (4).jpg
    1 (4).jpg
    438.4 KB · Views: 141
more exterior pics...
I will try to photograph the ramparts and interior tomorrow...

Attachments

• 1 (5).jpg
    1 (5).jpg
    583.7 KB · Views: 187
  • 1 (6).jpg
    1 (6).jpg
    585.8 KB · Views: 280
  • 1 (7).jpg
    1 (7).jpg
    554.5 KB · Views: 142
Mike:

Your work is nothing short of spectacular.

I miss seeing it and you at the Texas show.

I hope all is well.

-Jason

Great Job on the Castle and whole Set Up.:D

I also like the Ground with some green on it. Not only suitable for the holy land but also for Europe Battlefields.

If you exchange the Saracens with Knights, also in the Castle, you could create a Scene from the 100 Years War ;-)

Stay Safe
Stefan

Great job on this Mike. Brings to mind all of those great old technicolor Medieval knights movies we used to watch as kids
Pat

Mike this is fantastic!!Your work is always top notch!!!Thanks for sharing!!!

Jason

Mike that looks quite excellent! I am curious how you accomplished that since you said it is a "one piece construction".

Walt

Oh my gosh Mike......absolutely stunning! Congratulations on a job well done!

You keep raising the standard for excellence in our hobby.

You have a very nice collection there and I think the castle makes all the figures come alive.

Mark

I love the gate, Mike!:salute:: Can't wait to see the interior shots!

Louis...ty...here are a few pictures of the inside that I posted on JJD Facebook...I will take pictures of it inhabited with figures tomorrow...

Mike:

Your work is nothing short of spectacular.

I miss seeing it and you at the Texas show.

I hope all is well.

-Jason

Jason...ty...I do miss that show...it was a great social event...I hope someone can do something in the time to come...

Great Job on the Castle and whole Set Up.:D

I also like the Ground with some green on it. Not only suitable for the holy land but also for Europe Battlefields.

If you exchange the Saracens with Knights, also in the Castle, you could create a Scene from the 100 Years War ;-)

Stay Safe
Stefan

ty Stefan...agreed...it was too barren and plain without flocking with some green...

Great job on this Mike. Brings to mind all of those great old technicolor Medieval knights movies we used to watch as kids
Pat

Pat...thank you...I used the plastic sand from Home Depot that you taught me about...I love it...brilliant idea on your part...ty...

Mike this is fantastic!!Your work is always top notch!!!Thanks for sharing!!!

Jason

Jason...ty very much...

Love the angles and the theme

Rusty...ty very much...

Mike that looks quite excellent! I am curious how you accomplished that since you said it is a "one piece construction".

Walt

Walt...meaning only that it is not 4 towers and 4 walls...it's one solid piece...no seams...and it was hard to squeeze my head and body in the finish the interior...I'm too big...hahaha...

Very nice indeed Michael!

Julie...ty very much...

Oh my gosh Mike......absolutely stunning! Congratulations on a job well done!

You keep raising the standard for excellence in our hobby.

You have a very nice collection there and I think the castle makes all the figures come alive.

Mark

Mark...ty very much...I love your work also...

interior pics...

Attachments

• 96390505_4500097556674461_1160385449097691136_o.jpg
    96390505_4500097556674461_1160385449097691136_o.jpg
    399.1 KB · Views: 142
  • 96402796_4500097150007835_7688693991935574016_o.jpg
    96402796_4500097150007835_7688693991935574016_o.jpg
    370.9 KB · Views: 246
  • 96518180_4500097370007813_3104598624374358016_o.jpg
    96518180_4500097370007813_3104598624374358016_o.jpg
    413.9 KB · Views: 114

Users who are viewing this thread