I like K & C but sometimes!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

I think The Berghof and the accompaning figures are historically interesting and will prove to be popular despite the critics,i dont personally have any of the Berghof figures but i dont see how they could be problematic for some,its just a piece of history done as model figures,history is full of sinister figures,including the guests at the Berghof,but that does not mean the modelled figures should be considered sinister.A large number of historians / collectors find Fascism/Nazism interesting just as others find Napoleonic,Crusaders,Life of Jesus interesting and all should be able to buy /collect what they see fit,its normally called "Freedom Of Choice". Some may ask is the LAH series any different /worse than Waffen SS or the new Cossacks,who historically were no shrinking violets. ken

I think The Berghof and the accompaning figures are historically interesting and will prove to be popular despite the critics,i dont personally have any of the Berghof figures but i dont see how they could be problematic for some,its just a piece of history done as model figures,history is full of sinister figures,including the guests at the Berghof,but that does not mean the modelled figures should be considered sinister.A large number of historians / collectors find Fascism/Nazism interesting just as others find Napoleonic,Crusaders,Life of Jesus interesting and all should be able to buy /collect what they see fit,its normally called "Freedom Of Choice". Some may ask is the LAH series any different /worse than Waffen SS or the new Cossacks,who historically were no shrinking violets. ken

I don't mind that other people collect them. They just creep me out. Maybe because they are still too close in time?

Terry

All valid points. It is interesting what lines people draw in such cases.

As like the most of us here, I will always turn on the History Channel for any and all WW2 documentaries, fascinating stuff. Yes, we all have the right to collect what we want.....Myself, I would be embarassed to own these "home videos" of Hitler and his ilk lounging about..sorry, I think K&C has finally crossed the line on this stuff. shame, shame...

Kingtoot,me thinks "shame shame " is a bit strong,surely its a case of, if you dont like dont buy time,its all a matter of personal choice,perhaps some french collectors amongst us finds FOB038 in bad taste or objectionable as part of its depiction is of a dead french soldier and if WW2 is "too close or soon sensitive",then surely you should bypass that era and let others who dont consider it sensitive crack on and collect what they find interesting,we are collecting "Toy Soldiers " so iam told and real soldiering involves injury and or death,therefore it seems logical that "Toy Soldiers" will imitate real soldiering in all its forms.Sinister historical figures should be modelled as they are a part of history.K&C depict these sinister individuals because they have a story to tell ,a story that should be told,so that people will not be in ignorance of their crimes.History is what it says on the tin " History",lets hope by studying History we reduce the chances of repetition in the present and in the future or should we just ensure that we live in a world where "Ignorance is Bliss".

i agree with all of what you say..understandably to each his own. Toy "soldiers" conjure up images of brave young lads fighting for their cause, no matter which side they're on. The uniforms, webgear, equipment, weapons, camo, etc., are all appealing to us all. My personal belief is that K&C has made so many versions of Adolf and company, that it just makes some people wonder when enough is enough of the glossing over of the reich. Hitler's home movies sets don't offend me, but i just think it's a bit strange to the point of glorification of der fuhrer. One set that I would buy would be one of the bunker, with him and Eva slumped over on a blood-soaked sofa with all the appropriate furnishings. Put an effort into another theater of WW2 for a change of pace.

On the subject of SS/LAH type figures my thoughts. I have a collection of K&C leaders in the shop that is expanding quite nicely and I noted there will be some SS additions next month (and the 2 French Generals).
With the arrival of those new releases I will put the Adolf/SS/LAH figures in their own display and then have the other leaders in different groups. I regard them as historical figures and to me those figures just happen to represent the enemy (I think I have some customers who may regard Churchill as the enemy). Many of my shop visitors would not know who many of the well known leaders are as not covered in their education. I think Lest We Forget should not only apply to the fallen but remembering (or not forgetting) the evil that men did. Otherwise people like what's his name, the President of Iran, will be able to convince people that certain things in history did not happen.
I am more of a 1800's type of collector so would not collect LAH figures or even Arnhem in any event.
Regards
Brett

On the subject of SS/LAH type figures my thoughts. I have a collection of K&C leaders in the shop that is expanding quite nicely and I noted there will be some SS additions next month (and the 2 French Generals).
With the arrival of those new releases I will put the Adolf/SS/LAH figures in their own display and then have the other leaders in different groups. I regard them as historical figures and to me those figures just happen to represent the enemy (I think I have some customers who may regard Churchill as the enemy). Many of my shop visitors would not know who many of the well known leaders are as not covered in their education. I think Lest We Forget should not only apply to the fallen but remembering (or not forgetting) the evil that men did. Otherwise people like what's his name, the President of Iran, will be able to convince people that certain things in history did not happen.
I am more of a 1800's type of collector so would not collect LAH figures or even Arnhem in any event.
Regards
Brett

I agree with much of what you say. There is a place for historical figures and at various times I have been asked to make some of the most extreme characters from the past. I have no objection providing I am not asked to portray them indulging in the acts associated with them. We cannot deny their existance but we don't have to glorify their exploits.

Hi ..nice thread..My collection is purely ww11, I have full dioramas starting with Berlin 38 France 40, Crete, Afrika,Italy,D Day Luftwaffe home front Kriegsmarine,V1 Bulge,Berlin, through to the Surrender in 45, I have always collected Toy soldiers since age 10 and have had all periods. K@C has done for me what i.ve always wanted in collecting variety ,scope and diversity...32 shelves full. The Cossacks will give me the eastern front window and will complete my collection,For me they are a visual representation of a world at war...no more no less...ern

Hi ..nice thread..My collection is purely ww11, I have full dioramas starting with Berlin 38 France 40, Crete, Afrika,Italy,D Day Luftwaffe home front Kriegsmarine,V1 Bulge,Berlin, through to the Surrender in 45, I have always collected Toy soldiers since age 10 and have had all periods. K@C has done for me what i.ve always wanted in collecting variety ,scope and diversity...32 shelves full. The Cossacks will give me the eastern front window and will complete my collection,For me they are a visual representation of a world at war...no more no less...ern

Well said mate well said.

Put an effort into another theater of WW2 for a change of pace.

Couldn't agree more; it's about time the Russian Front was revisited, glad to see the Panzer III and the Cossacks.

Great to see another fan of the Russian Front speak up, so thank you......................

Couldn't agree more; it's about time the Russian Front was revisited, glad to see the Panzer III and the Cossacks.

Great to see another fan of the Russian Front speak up, so thank you......................

Did someone say Russian Front :eek::cool:

Terry

I think we've beaten the LAH thing to death,dragged it outside beat it some more and then set it ablaze.We all know where we stand on this,each to their own and all that.As long as we remember the past and honour our heroes that for me is the main thing.:)

Actually what upsets me more than LAH stuff is the people who tell us we shouldn't celebrate/remember our Victory in WW2 anymore,as it may upset others.To that I reply in the age old Anglo Saxon manner.

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we've beaten the LAH thing to death,dragged it outside beat it some more and then set it ablaze.We all know where we stand on this,each to their own and all that.As long as we remember the past and honour our heroes that for me is the main thing.:)

Actually what upsets me more than LAH stuff is the people who tell us we shouldn't celebrate/remember our Victory in WW2 anymore,as it may upset others.To that I reply in the age old Anglo Saxon manner
Rob

Has there been a poll on the LAH ???

Last edited:
Seeing as I started this I think I would like to further comment, this thread has turned into 'giving grief' to Andy, which I think is out of order. He has provided us as collectors the opportunity to collect an outstanding range of wide and varied toy soldiers. For that I thank him.

Seeing as I started this I think I would like to further comment, this thread has turned into 'giving grief' to Andy, which I think is out of order. He has provided us as collectors the opportunity to collect an outstanding range of wide and varied toy soldiers. For that I thank him.
Wow, if this if giving grief, all manufacturers should be so lucky.;):)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back