I think GREY will sell. (2 Viewers)

Terry

Cheers
Mitch

Terry....

What is the source you are using foir the disruptive camo patterns over grey?? I also have stuff relating to field applied camo but, many of the AFV's that I have looked at and, repainted were all grey. The Grey area is a strange one as many documents state that grey was being phased out or, not used at all, yet, the pictures tell another story. I spoke with a friend recently who works for the german archives who sent me a lot of stuff on the Jagdpanther as I am undertaking two repaints. some of the first tanks dispatched to the training depot were supposed to be in grey. He has found some factory records which now back this up that they were transported in grey. The question why they did this is yet to be found but, its down that they did. He has photo's from what he said look grey but, they are not yet pinpointed down to that particular time. I mean, even with colourways for this AFV there is arguments. Was there a base coat dunkelgelb with no camo patterns used some say yes some say no. For me, as a painter, a grey Jagdtiger would look stunning and far better than the camo versions

I agree that a lot had dunkelgelb camo on top of grey and, others had brown and green applied but, I thought this varied from tank to tank and unit to unit.

Its interesting this topic coming up as I am repainting some tigers this camo colour and done some work on colours The famous ''Tiki'' Tiger 1 has been stated by some as a brown base coat with dunkelgelb camo and, others as a grey basecoat and, a dunkelgelb camo

The books even the most respected (or seen as) often contradict each other and, the records sometimes don't help when added.

It is an intersting area and, one that causes me lots of extra work!!!!
Mitch

I think grey will sell. I have done countless customs in grey. Don't get me wrong as I love the camo versions as well.000_1612a.jpg100_4565a copy.jpg000_1878a.jpg100_4422a.jpg000_1588a.jpg

GREY IS GREAT.

DSC00451.jpg

I think grey will sell. I have done countless customs in grey. Don't get me wrong as I love the camo versions as well.View attachment 81050View attachment 81051View attachment 81052View attachment 81053View attachment 81054

I always look forward to seeing your work !
I recall during my youth (100 years ago) that all my Marx WWII play sets had grey German vehicles in them ...I'm guessing that's where my "weakness" for grey comes from-but that's veering into self-psycho-analysis...and probably not a good thing ! {sm4}.
mike

I always look forward to seeing your work !
I recall during my youth (100 years ago) that all my Marx WWII play sets had grey German vehicles in them ...I'm guessing that's where my "weakness" for grey comes from-but that's veering into self-psycho-analysis...and probably not a good thing ! {sm4}.
mike

Thanks Mike. Yeah I have those same issues. I think mine is from all of the 1970s wwII movies where all of the German uniforms and vehicles were all in grey. lol

She's a real beauty...I wish I would have made one for myself. I would if I could find one at a reasonable price.{sm4}

Mate you can buy it back.....................^&grin
I don't think so its a 1 off and its mine..................:)
Wayne, that's what I'd call a "Keeper"-what a beauty.
mike

Its sure is Mike when i won the auction i thought oh O this could be a real dodgy job or brilliant and mate it was the later,even better in the polystone ^&grin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back