IDF captures Jerusalem: Lions Gate Diorama (1 Viewer)

Zach your model builder did you proud with his rendition of your idea and with K&C's IDF figures and vehicles you've got a diorama to win any competition.

The Man cave is impressive too, glad to see you still have room for a bit more expansion of the collection. :salute::

Steve

The diorama is amazing. Very well done.

I am surprised you have not invested in display covers ....

Shockingly, there is zero dust down there. I got lucky. Everything in the rest of the house is covered.

Amazing Zach!
Thanks for sharing! You've given me some inspiration for the shop:cool:

Best from Texas,

Amber Garcia
Kings X Toy Soldiers

Zach mate,
Outstanding cobber. A truly wonderful dio which tells a great story. A great deal of thought has gone into the layout of figures and vehicles. I don't remember much about that time in Israel as a 20 year old in 1967 my mind was on National Service (the draft) and Vietnam and getting married. I have been concentrating on the K&C Vietnam range for the last six months with large dios like yours in mind. Now however having seen your magic work I am moved towards the IDF range more than I have ever been. Love the three Super Shermans but seeing the 106 RCL jeep mounted brought back a flood of memories. Lost track of how many times I fired that tube.
Cheers from the Land Down Under, Howard

Zach mate,
Outstanding cobber. A truly wonderful dio which tells a great story. A great deal of thought has gone into the layout of figures and vehicles. I don't remember much about that time in Israel as a 20 year old in 1967 my mind was on National Service (the draft) and Vietnam and getting married. I have been concentrating on the K&C Vietnam range for the last six months with large dios like yours in mind. Now however having seen your magic work I am moved towards the IDF range more than I have ever been. Love the three Super Shermans but seeing the 106 RCL jeep mounted brought back a flood of memories. Lost track of how many times I fired that tube.
Cheers from the Land Down Under, Howard

Excellent 'post' Howard...
One of the K&C ranges of recent years I am most proud of is 'The Israeli Armyof 1967'...

Every toy soldier company worth their salt is always looking for subject matter that is 'different' and has not been over-exposed....Sometimes difficult especially when you think of WW2!

As you know one of the major reasons we got back into 'Vietnam' was for that very reason and...why even within that series we have gone on to develop 'a range within a range' I.E. 'Aussies in Vietnam'.
The Israeli Series has great potential and some terrific figure and fighting vehicle opportunities...Watch this space!

Best wishes and congrats again to Zach for reminding fellow collectors just how good and original this series is and...how and why dioramas help tell a story in miniature...even better and more exciting.
Andy.

My happiest day as a toy soldier collector was when Andy gave me the heads up that the Israelis were coming. My favorite k&c line of all time!!!

My happiest day as a toy soldier collector was when Andy gave me the heads up that the Israelis were coming. My favorite k&c line of all time!!!

Thankyou Zach...Very much appreciated!
Best wishes,
Andy.

A great series and Zach's diorama is superb. Many of us hope that K&C will expand this range with Israeli M113's and Centurions.
Of course an Egyptian/Syrian T54/55 tank would round out any collection of this region's conflicts.

Amazing dio Zach! I see hours of fun play in your not so distant future. The Lion's Gate section looks great!
Thanks for the pics-

Joe

That diorama is really quite breathtaking! {eek3}I never get tired of looking at every detail...:)
I ought to tell you that you're a great artist! :eek:

Cheers

Enrico

I can’t take credit. David Marshall of tm terrain made the gate and base

Take the credit, as the designer. It’s a fabulous creation that accents and emphasizes one of your prime collecting interests.

I'm not sure where the IDF line stands for K&C, but it isn't ending any time soon for me!!!

I haven't gotten these to the Lion's Gate yet, but just wanted to share some photos

These are the new Diamond T Tank Transport, The M26 Armored Recovery Vehicle and the T34/76 tank
All conversions were done by Pat Gallagher and I could not be happier with how they came out. The Two trucks were converted to IDF and the Soviet T34 to a Syrian version.
Once these are at home on the diorama, I'll snap some more pictures!

King%20and%20Country%20IDF%20Conversions%20img1-X2.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Toy-Sold.../King and Country IDF Conversions img4-X2.jpg

King%20and%20Country%20IDF%20Conversions%20img2-X2.jpg

King%20and%20Country%20IDF%20Conversions%20img3-X2.jpg

King%20and%20Country%20IDF%20Conversions%20img5-X2.jpg

I'm not sure where the IDF line stands for K&C, but it isn't ending any time soon for me!!!

I haven't gotten these to the Lion's Gate yet, but just wanted to share some photos

These are the new Diamond T Tank Transport, The M26 Armored Recovery Vehicle and the T34/76 tank
All conversions were done by Pat Gallagher and I could not be happier with how they came out. The Two trucks were converted to IDF and the Soviet T34 to a Syrian version.
Once these are at home on the diorama, I'll snap some more pictures!

King%20and%20Country%20IDF%20Conversions%20img1-X2.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Toy-Sold.../King and Country IDF Conversions img4-X2.jpg

King%20and%20Country%20IDF%20Conversions%20img2-X2.jpg

King%20and%20Country%20IDF%20Conversions%20img3-X2.jpg

King%20and%20Country%20IDF%20Conversions%20img5-X2.jpg

Absolutely brilliant Zach!!!
Pat has done an amazing conversion job on all of those vehicles...Can't wait to see them on your Diorama.
All the best and happy collecting,
Andy.

Zach mate,
Outstanding conversion cobber. They will go well with your Diorama. Your IDF range will truly come alive next year when you can add the Israeli M113 and the mighty Centurion.

Cheers Howard:salute::

That is brilliant work Pat just isn't very talented he is a bloody great bloke, well done on your new addition will look great in your dio.

Pat is the best! If anyone needs stuff done, I can not recommend him more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back