Jagdpanzer IV L70 - New Release (1 Viewer)

I talked to Hobby Bunker...and we're both just calling it L70 for now. No official word yet.

I think its great that they have let the info out as its better for collectors and, it harms nobody manufacturers cannot do anything this late in the day to compete and, for those who cannot get there its great. Getting the info early for those who attend only further whets the appetite as you now know what you will see and want to see it in person.

Its a win win situation IMO

Mitch

Good Point....Our pics will not be done for about 10 days...

Looks first rate! The figure worries me a bit, though, as it doesn't seem as professionally painted and blended as some of Figarti's finest work.

Looks first rate! The figure worries me a bit, though, as it doesn't seem as professionally painted and blended as some of Figarti's finest work.

Is that Quincy MA; if so, welcome aboard, if not, welcome aboard anyway, always nice to have a new member...........

Is that Quincy MA; if so, welcome aboard, if not, welcome aboard anyway, always nice to have a new member...........

Yep! I just started collecting Figarti items in addition to the diecast aircraft collection I've been building for 6 years. Finally found some 1/30th AFVs that don't look like cartoon characters. : ) And that know not to confuse olive drab with baby poop green.

Hi Rick,

Great looking set. Would also look great in winter white.

Happy to pick up one in Chicago.

Gary L.

Greetings All,

I don't want to be the only iconoclast here, but I have some reservations about some aspects of the new Figarti Jagdpanzer IV L/70 mold. It doesn't seem quite up to the standards of, for example, the ISU-152 tank recently released.

As a Figarti collector, I make my comments with the admission that they are the best in 1/30 scale. With this in mind, here are my observations:

1. The large rectangle "blob" on the back of the commander's hatch is regrettable. The real item is a hollow structure and NOT solid;
2. The "handle" on the other roof hatch looks solid as well;
3. The upper hull of at least some of these type of Jagdpanzers had easily reproduced, additional details not visible on the Figarti release;
4. The figure is primitive compared to other of their tankers;
5. The two rear exhaust should be more hollow; and
6. The tracks should have some sag for additional realism.

The paint job is superb on this item, but I hope the above issues are corrected before final release. For a look at an accurate 1/35 version of the Jagdpanzer, please see the following link:

http://www.hsgalleries.com/gallery04/jagdpanzerivl70cl_1.htm

--Mesa

Greetings All,

I don't want to be the only iconoclast here, but I have some reservations about some aspects of the new Figarti Jagdpanzer IV L/70 mold. It doesn't seem quite up to the standards of, for example, the ISU-152 tank recently released.

As a Figarti collector, I make my comments with the admission that they are the best in 1/30 scale. With this in mind, here are my observations:

1. The large rectangle "blob" on the back of the commander's hatch is regrettable. The real item is a hollow structure and NOT solid;
2. The "handle" on the other roof hatch looks solid as well;
3. The upper hull of at least some of these type of Jagdpanzers had easily reproduced, additional details not visible on the Figarti release;
4. The figure is primitive compared to other of their tankers;
5. The two rear exhaust should be more hollow; and
6. The tracks should have some sag for additional realism.

The paint job is superb on this item, but I hope the above issues are corrected before final release. For a look at an accurate 1/35 version of the Jagdpanzer, please see the following link:

http://www.hsgalleries.com/gallery04/jagdpanzerivl70cl_1.htm

--Mesa
I've checked your link & I still can't see much wrong with it , to compare the Figarti tank with a detail model is unfair + it all right asking for that level of detail but will you be happy with the extra costs that go with it :confused:

I've checked your link & I still can't see much wrong with it , to compare the Figarti tank with a detail model is unfair + it all right asking for that level of detail but will you be happy with the extra costs that go with it :confused:

That is a very good point. Figarti models have a very good price/benefit ratio, and they are possibly "the best" in their price category. But should they be compared with a model that costs substantially more (and possibly for the right reasons)? I do not think so.

Further, the question is whether individually built models may be compared with "mass manufactured" vehicles - independently from price point. Again I believe that they should not. It is apples and oranges.

Hello,

My main comparison between the L/70 is with another Figarti release, the ISU/JSU 152. The link to the Jagdpanzer model is for benchmark purposes. Obviously, no diecast can reproduce details commensurate with a 1/35 award-winning model. Figarti is no different than any other manufacturer in that there are better and "less better" releases. Constructive feedback helps improve product!

--Mesa

Myself I can't wait to get my hands on one, I'll probably pick one up from Clive at the London show in December, love the camo scheme on this:cool:

Rob

Hello,

My main comparison between the L/70 is with another Figarti release, the ISU/JSU 152. The link to the Jagdpanzer model is for benchmark purposes. Obviously, no diecast can reproduce details commensurate with a 1/35 award-winning model. Figarti is no different than any other manufacturer in that there are better and "less better" releases. Constructive feedback helps improve product!

--Mesa
The best thing is wait till the Jagdpanzer is out & put it next to the JSU 152 then compare it, but going by the positive feedback to the jagdpanzer so far I don't think Figarti will have any problem sell them
I totally agree Constructive feedback helps improve product

Objective criticism at Figarti is much appreciated. I actually appreciate Mesa for his comments, because it has always been our goal to take our hobby to the level that of the plastic models and that is the benchmark we aim for. Looking back at our industry (Toy Soldier) in the short 7 years we've been in, the quality of the AFVs have drastically improved throughout the years. I would hope Figarti played a major role in raising standards by doing things differently like using more metal, photo-etching, realistic weathering and thus producing AFV closer to that of modelers. For those of you who remember our first Japanese Chi-Ha tank, that really was the beginning of changes in our hobby for AFVs. Can we get to the plastic model expert built quality?..... Pretty difficult... because of the manufacturing process and materials used. But, one brand did come close last year by using similar plastic molding techniques but cost was high. As long as our industry uses poly resin as the primary materials for AFVs, details and accuracy will be lost.... our job is to get as close as we can to expert built plastic kits and we are constantly trying to do better. Mesa is a Figarti collector we need in order to remind us that we can do better! He is actually helping us.

Thank you all for your support for Figarti. At this year's Chicago show we'll be 7-years old, its been a great ride so far and we have greater plans for the future. I hope to see all of you at the show.

Rick
RWFigarti

Yet, another wonderful release from Figarti. She is a stunning beauty. I would love to add her to my collection. I can't wait to see what Figarti has in store for us all in just a few short weeks now:). The build up to the show w/ all the excitement and anticipation is quite a ride! Congrats to Rick & Co. on another eye-popping release.

Joe

BSP received some of the new Figarti products today....I am talking to you from a collectors standpoint.... WOW ! ! ! ! !...wait until you see this stuff in person.

The best way I can explain it is....If you grew up as a 1/35th scale plastic modeler.....Figarti's stuff is the closest to it in detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back