Jagdtiger Blues (1 Viewer)

Frank...

I don't really know why I am personally so interested in the Jagdtiger its been with me since I was a kid doing Tamiya kits. Always interested in the Tiger family and this was one of the favourite kits and stayed with me. It just has such a great look over all the other german armour save perhaps the Jagdpanther but, it still edges it for me.
Mitch

I guess the reason I want this afv is because it represents the far end of German Tank production in WW2 , huge gun thick amour but really an afv too far, too big for it's engine and too thirsty.

Rob

Talking about the far end of german AFV's perhaps we can now start hastling Andy about a Maus or some of the german paper tanks E-100 and similar. Would be quite interesting for these too be built in 1/30th. They have been filtering into the plastic world and have been popular with modellers
Mitch

A Maus or E-100 would be of no interest to me. I collect only AFVs which were in combat.

Terry
I know vehicles like the Maus and the Panther II are of interest to some collectors but unless they were actually produced and in use in actual combat I cannot see that the appeal would be wide enough to warrant production for the TS market. With so many AFV's that were actually in combat still waiting to be made, I don't see the point to making "could have been" vehicles. Just the rivet counter in me. -- Al

Phantom/ Lancer...

did'nt K&C flirt with the idea of a Maus years back? I can see what your saying about real combat vehicles but, a small run of something rather obscure would be great and a few of these super panzers actually made it into prototypes.
Mitch

I know vehicles like the Maus and the Panther II are of interest to some collectors but unless they were actually produced and in use in actual combat I cannot see that the appeal would be wide enough to warrant production for the TS market. With so many AFV's that were actually in combat still waiting to be made, I don't see the point to making "could have been" vehicles. Just the rivet counter in me. -- Al

And they would be very big, very expensive pieces. I agree there would certainly be many other pieces I would choose first. I would hold my TS money for when someone makes a Battle of the Bulge Sturmtiger with a detachable loading crane, no zimmerit, ambush camo pattern and no whitewash. In fact I would prefer it to even a Jagdtiger.

Terry

Phantom/ Lancer...

did'nt K&C flirt with the idea of a Maus years back? I can see what your saying about real combat vehicles but, a small run of something rather obscure would be great and a few of these super panzers actually made it into prototypes.
Mitch
I don't know if KC actually thought about the Maus or not. Interesting question, though. But as Terry says, can you imagine what a Maus in 1/30 polystone would weigh? LOL, I'd have to take a loan to re-inforce my shelves and pay for the postage.:eek: -- Al

Louis has the Maus prototype that was made several years ago.

Louis has the Maus prototype that was made several years ago.
Well, I learn something new everyday. I had no idea any such thing exsisted. Did Louis ever put out any pictures of it? Sure would be interesting to see them. -- Al

Jazzeum...

I knew they had played around with it but, did not know that it was Louis. I remember the colouration but, thanks for confirming who it belonged too
Mitch

Phantom Warrior...

Yes it would be big but, it could be done with different materials to all polystone which, would keep the weight down and the cost. I agree, about the Sturmtiger would be another nice addition to the Tiger family though I don't think the sturmtiger would be anything other than expensive also
Mitch

And they would be very big, very expensive pieces. I agree there would certainly be many other pieces I would choose first. I would hold my TS money for when someone makes a Battle of the Bulge Sturmtiger with a detachable loading crane, no zimmerit, ambush camo pattern and no whitewash. In fact I would prefer it to even a Jagdtiger.

Terry

Yes I'm looking forward to the Sturmtiger, I too hope its a Bulge version with maybe some GI's inspecting it.:cool:

Rob

Rob...

I think one from the warsaw uprising would do as many people seem to want this AFV
Mitch

Rob...

I think one from the warsaw uprising would do as many people seem to want this AFV
Mitch

Odds are K&C will stick to the Bulge range rather than do Eastern Front and a controversial battle like the uprising.

Terry

Phantom Warrior...

I don't think I was saying a visit to the Ghetto battle should be done just that the sturmtiger would be very popular with collectors regardless of unit or colour style.

Though necessarily I don't see the warsaw uprising as a controversial battle as such
Mitch

I would love to make a dio of the fairly well known pic of one in the Ditch during Battle of Bulge, either with GI's or some Panzer crew pondering its predicament.

Rob

Rob..

Are these the ones? I think these would look great and I like this other one. One of these really needs doing soon
Mitch

Attachments

• sturmtiger.jpg
    sturmtiger.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 315
  • Sturmtiger_abandoned_M4_ARV.jpg
    Sturmtiger_abandoned_M4_ARV.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 101
  • Sturmtiger-01.jpg
    Sturmtiger-01.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 101
Phantom Warrior...

I don't think I was saying a visit to the Ghetto battle should be done just that the sturmtiger would be very popular with collectors regardless of unit or colour style.

Though necessarily I don't see the warsaw uprising as a controversial battle as such
Mitch

It was to the Poles when the Russians reneged on aiding the uprising. Stalin let the Germans remove the Polish resistance which could have resisted a Russian takeover later. Some war for Poland - invaded twice by Russia in one war. :rolleyes:

Terry

Thats them exactly, thanks for posting Mitch.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back