JJD King Tiger (1 Viewer)

In the cooler
Sorry no picture, JJD are looking at a King Tiger, I hear they are looking for supporters amongst collectors before undertaking what will be an incredible effort to make, I for one would be interested in they make a Battle of the Bulge version.

Therefore if you could be potentially interest them make your opinion known to JJD.

Another big cat I know John would do so well and would be on my list. Robin.

Time to break up the marriage Al, I'd go with the Henschel turret, but I do like the zimmerit.
Always been partial to the Normandie Tigers with the Porsche turret. Maybe John could be persuaded to really go out into right field and produce the rare Tiger VK4501(P). It wasn't a successful type, but 5 were built and used and I think they are really unique looking. -- Al

Sorry no picture, JJD are looking at a King Tiger, I hear they are looking for supporters amongst collectors before undertaking what will be an incredible effort to make, I for one would be interested in they make a Battle of the Bulge version.

Therefore if you could be potentially interest them make your opinion known to JJD.

I'm in for one. So excited that John is doing WW2! His vehicle work is fantastic.

Joe

Based on the quality of JJD's previous work with Spanish Civil War armor I believe they would make an exceptional King Tiger. I would hope it would be a measurable 1/30 scale. A Porsche (Krupp) and Henschel turret version should be considered as once you build the hull two turret versions should be cost effective. A true 1/30 Henschel turret king tiger has not yet been done. The TCS and K&C models are 1/28+. The JJD could be the first production version King Tiger size compatible with FL, WB and Kronprinze WWII figures. I look forward to adding a JJD King tiger to my armor collection!

I am definitely interested. My preference would be for a Henschel turret and East front and Bulge versions.

Frank

Interesting. Is this really what JJDesings is looking to do, or just hear say? I would think John would ask himself.

Matthew

I see it as an opportunity for JJD to get into WWII armor in a big way. The only Henschel turret King Tigers made to date in Toy Soldier size are The K&C and TCS models; both are oversize at 1/28+. Oversize for use with First Legion, W.Britains and Kronprinze 60mm figures. Also oversize for use with Figarti, Honor Bound, Thomas Gunn and First Legion armor. The JJD King Tiger if it happens will be very well done and superior in size compatibilty, accuracy and detail to the TCS and K&C models IMO. Not too big, not too small, just right. The Goldilocks King Tiger. Add premium details like articulated metal tracks and operating suspension as found on RC tanks and you will own the market!

I see it as an opportunity for JJD to get into WWII armor in a big way. The only Henschel turret King Tigers made to date in Toy Soldier size are The K&C and TCS models; both are oversize at 1/28+. Oversize for use with First Legion, W.Britains and Kronprinze 60mm figures. Also oversize for use with Figarti, Honor Bound, Thomas Gunn and First Legion armor. The JJD King Tiger if it happens will be very well done and superior in size compatibilty, accuracy and detail to the TCS and K&C models IMO. Not too big, not too small, just right. The Goldilocks King Tiger. Add premium details like articulated metal tracks and operating suspension as found on RC tanks and you will own the market!

Add on to that list...a 1:30 scale 88mm gun that actually fires and a little engine that runs...and, I fully agree, you will own the market!!!
Best wishes, Andy.

Actually Andy I have a King Tiger with these features. A VsTank King Tiger with Henschel turret, articulated tracks, operating suspension, gas operated cannon, dual electric motor drive, electric turret rotation and gun elevation, historically accurate scale and details, hatches open and close. 3 color camouflage pattern and it comes with a 4 channel RC Control and engine sounds. All for $139.00 including shipping. I am sure JJD could equal or surpass this excellent model less the operating gun, motor drives and RC control for a reasonable price and still retain the realism of articulated tracks and a working suspension in a measurably accurate 1/30 scale using mixed media. JJD or K&C can do anything VsTank can do if they decide to IMO.

Andy please check my posts for a photo of this VsTank King Tiger or see it on their website. I think you will be impressed with the quality. I only wish polystone Panzers could be as good!

I use one of your excellent panzer Kommander half figures in the cupola and since it is an oversize figure it is size compatible with this 1/24 scale KT.

Add on to that list...a 1:30 scale 88mm gun that actually fires and a little engine that runs...and, I fully agree, you will own the market!!!
Best wishes, Andy.

Actually Andy I have a King Tiger with these features. A VsTank King Tiger with Henschel turret, articulated tracks, operating suspension, gas operated cannon, dual electric motor drive, electric turret rotation and gun elevation, historically accurate scale and details, hatches open and close. 3 color camouflage pattern and it comes with a 4 channel RC Control and engine sounds. All for $139.00 including shipping. I am sure JJD could equal or surpass this excellent model less the operating gun, motor drives and RC control for a reasonable price and still retain the realism of articulated tracks and a working suspension in a measurably accurate 1/30 scale using mixed media. JJD or K&C can do anything VsTank can do if they decide to IMO.

Andy please check my posts for a photo of this VsTank King Tiger or see it on their website. I think you will be impressed with the quality. I only wish polystone Panzers could be as good!

I use one of your excellent panzer Kommander half figures in the cupola and since it is an oversize figure it is size compatible with this 1/24 scale KT.

Many thanks for the swift reply...to be honest, I was just joking...Here's the thing, the model you have was produced in the multi thousands by a large toy company in China, I have one of their Shermans in fact.
JJD, K&C and other toy soldier companies produce vehicles in the hundreds...not tens of thousands...We do not have the economies of that kind of production...pure and simple.
Best wishes, Andy.

Andy I understand what you are saying; my company produced electronic products at 100,000 units per annum in one of 10 product lines. Reducing that production to10,000 units would have increased production cost by 30% on some products.
Figarti went from 100 piece lots to 300 pieces and got the retail price of their Tiger I down to $169.00. Economy of scale is a big lever. I do look forward to what JJD will produce.

Many thanks for the swift reply...to be honest, I was just joking...Here's the thing, the model you have was produced in the multi thousands by a large toy company in China, I have one of their Shermans in fact.
JJD, K&C and other toy soldier companies produce vehicles in the hundreds...not tens of thousands...We do not have the economies of that kind of production...pure and simple.
Best wishes, Andy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back