John Ford's Cavalry on the Move (1 Viewer)

King & Country

1st Lieutenant
Hi Guys,
Here's a little "preview" for the weekend of a column of "JFC" moving out...
Have a good one!
Andy​

Attachments

• John Ford.jpg
    John Ford.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 1,400
I would like to see in a future mounted cavalry with pistols and carbines in hand

I think the proposed figures are wonderful and I wish I was still collecting TRW related material but am sincerely worried there may be "too many chiefs" and "not enough Indians".

Have a look at the column - 2 officers, 2 flags, 1 guidon, 1 bugler = 6 "chiefs". Two "indians" are tacked on the back of the column.

I'm sure Andy has a plan for more trooper releases and maybe a separate release of different heads to augment the two current troopers. Different horse colours would help.

sincerely

Love this line, makes me think I might have a 'John Ford movie festival' this weekend.

As a big fan of John Ford, John Wayne and figures of the US Cavalry, I'm looking forward to the long-awaited reinforcements for the Horse Soldiers. Saddle up boys!

Sam

Attachments

• Cav.jpg
    Cav.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 553
Great to see it in all it's glory. A wonderful scene is possible here. Very well done Andy. Robin.

Looking forward to adding to these. Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN0755.jpg
    DSCN0755.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 788
Robin, when you add the cavalry it will be to crowded! You may have to expand and commission our good friend Jakob to build a "Wild West" dio for you! :wink2:

Tom

Wonderful figs and I will be getting these. Couple of suggestions for future releases. Perhaps not having the cavalry cord on every hat and different colored neckerchiefs (red and blue) for variety. Again, a great series. Chris

Take a look at some of the Kronprinz US Cav to augment this column... They make some wonderful figures that work well with K&C. Perhaps another option would be the ability to select which head you receive with your figure. Or, this may be wishful thinking, but the ability to select which guidon you receive... Options for different Cavalry Troops (A, B, C, D, etc); perhaps even the Custer regimental standard, or the old stars and stripes swallowtail guidon.

I think the proposed figures are wonderful and I wish I was still collecting TRW related material but am sincerely worried there may be "too many chiefs" and "not enough Indians".

Have a look at the column - 2 officers, 2 flags, 1 guidon, 1 bugler = 6 "chiefs". Two "indians" are tacked on the back of the column.

I'm sure Andy has a plan for more trooper releases and maybe a separate release of different heads to augment the two current troopers. Different horse colours would help.

sincerely

Hi Andy,

These Troopers are simply outstanding. Will have to venture away from WWII and grab up a few of these :salute::

Wayne

Andy, you release in the near future cavalry mounted poses action?

Hi my friend,
As we have only just 'previewed' the mounted John Ford Cavalry...not even released them all yet...
Don't you think it might be a wee bit premature to be releasing 'in action' mounted Cavalry in the near future..?
Let's see how well these first figures and the 'follow-ups' sell before charging into battle!
I do appreciate your enthusiasm however...Best wishes and happy collecting,
Andy.

sincerely

I actually proposed an assortment of separate heads and hats to be offered as a standalone. Would save Andy some production costs by not having to offer different full outfits...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back