July 20th 1944 Operation Valkyrie....The Plot To Kill Hitler !!! (1 Viewer)

PanzerAce1944

Colonel
Next week is the 68th Anniversary of Operation Valkyrie / The Plot To Kill Hitler. On the 20th of July 1944 at around 1:00PM at the WolfsLair in East Prussia Hitler held a tactical
meeting to discuss the current situation on the Eastern Front which was growing ever nearer.Originally this meeting was to be held in one of the reinforced
concrete bunkers,but due to the extreme heat inside the meeting was moved to a wooden conference room with open windows to let in fresh air. Fate had allowed Hitler
to survive the bomb blast as with only one packet of explosives in the Staufenberg briefcase and the wooden structure of the building allowing for the bomb blast to dissipate,
the "Devils Luck" had prevailed.

Here the events of that day unfold..........................

Attachments

• DSCN1680.JPG
    DSCN1680.JPG
    235.8 KB · Views: 1,778
  • DSCN1685.JPG
    DSCN1685.JPG
    164.8 KB · Views: 1,587
  • DSCN1691.JPG
    DSCN1691.JPG
    205.2 KB · Views: 4,554
  • DSCN1694.JPG
    DSCN1694.JPG
    287.5 KB · Views: 2,727
  • DSCN1695.JPG
    DSCN1695.JPG
    208 KB · Views: 1,217
Last edited:
Hey, Hey PA....cool mate, the ''KABOOM'' is straight out of the classic Batman.....{bravo}}
Wayne.

Hey PA, I like the building, did you build that?

Rob

Great diorama.

I took these pictures at Gedenkstätte Deutscher Widerstand (the Museum of German Resistance) in Berlin in March. The museum is the former Bendlerblock where Stauffenberg worked and where he and the other leaders were summarily executed on July 20th. A statue marks the spot and symbolises all those Germans who resisted Nazis.

2012-03-11cNaziResistance01.jpg

2012-03-11cNaziResistance07.jpg

2012-03-12dResistanceMuseum08.jpg

2012-03-12dResistanceMuseum01.jpg

I am currently reading historian Ian Kershaw's book 'The End: Hitler's Germany 1944-45' which takes the July 20 plot as a starting point to explore the Nazi reaction to their impending defeat. Kershaw argues that one result of the failed plot was a tightening of Nazi screws within all aspects of German military and civilian society that meant a fight to the bitter end. I'm oversimplifying the situation so go read the book.

PA you're a great story teller I must admit. Great setup by the way( but where are the curtains on the windows ?{sm4})
guy:)

PA you're a great story teller I must admit. Great setup by the way( but where are the curtains on the windows ?{sm4})
guy:)

I am currently reading historian Ian Kershaw's book 'The End: Hitler's Germany 1944-45' which takes the July 20 plot as a starting point to explore the Nazi reaction to their impending defeat. Kershaw argues that one result of the failed plot was a tightening of Nazi screws within all aspects of German military and civilian society that meant a fight to the bitter end. I'm oversimplifying the situation so go read the book.

Thanks gents. ! Guy I may have to get those curtains put up.

Amazing PanzerAce .......A short but clear historical situation...And great diorama...I would say perfect!!! {bravo}}

Now that is an interesting dio. I enjoy the dialog. It adds a bit of interest to the pictures.

There must be some left-over fireworks laying about in TX.
Maybe you can reshoot the dio and actually blow it up! {sm2} {sm2} ..... or NOT!
Larry

Next week is the 68th Anniversary of Operation Valkyrie / The Plot To Kill Hitler. On the 20th of July 1944 at around 1:00PM at the WolfsLair in East Prussia Hitler held a tactical
meeting to discuss the current situation on the Eastern Front which was growing ever nearer.Originally this meeting was to be held in one of the reinforced
concrete bunkers,but due to the extreme heat inside the meeting was moved to a wooden conference room with open windows to let in fresh air. Fate had allowed Hitler
to survive the bomb blast as with only one packet of explosives in the Staufenberg briefcase and the wooden structure of the building allowing for the bomb blast to dissipate,
the "Devils Luck" had prevailed.

Great diorama.

I took these pictures at Gedenkstätte Deutscher Widerstand (the Museum of German Resistance) in Berlin in March. The museum is the former Bendlerblock where Stauffenberg worked and where he and the other leaders were summarily executed on July 20th. A statue marks the spot and symbolises all those Germans who resisted Nazis.

2012-03-11cNaziResistance01.jpg

2012-03-11cNaziResistance07.jpg

2012-03-12dResistanceMuseum08.jpg

2012-03-12dResistanceMuseum01.jpg

PA, very nice diorama and love the story clips. If only this attempt on Hitler's life had worked. How different the occupation would have been for us.

Fieryangel,

I thank you for this.

Great tribute to the people of Germany that detested the Nazi regime....that lived through the hell that was the Nazi regime. I have some great family stories on those that assisted allied soldiers that perhaps I will share some day.

I do not have the words....Thanks again.

Ludwig

PA, GREAT job and love the story line layout and pics (especially the kaboom !).
mike

next week is the 68th anniversary of operation valkyrie / the plot to kill hitler. On the 20th of july 1944 at around 1:00pm at the wolfslair in east prussia hitler held a tactical
meeting to discuss the current situation on the eastern front which was growing ever nearer.originally this meeting was to be held in one of the reinforced
concrete bunkers,but due to the extreme heat inside the meeting was moved to a wooden conference room with open windows to let in fresh air. Fate had allowed hitler
to survive the bomb blast as with only one packet of explosives in the staufenberg briefcase and the wooden structure of the building allowing for the bomb blast to dissipate,
the "devils luck" had prevailed.

very cool!
Martin

Martin, Mike, Ludwig, Thanks for the comments ! I turned this one into a mini comic book of sorts {sm3} I feel this particular set by King&country was again another
brilliant release done as a strictly limited set of 888 made and having the Historical significance that it does !

Amazing PanzerAce .......A short but clear historical situation...And great diorama...I would say perfect!!! {bravo}}

PanzerAce1944:

Great display photos!

"Iron Brigade"

Now that is an interesting dio. I enjoy the dialog. It adds a bit of interest to the pictures.

Maybe you can reshoot the dio and actually blow it up! {sm2} {sm2} ..... or NOT!
Larry

Thanks again Guys, It was fun doing this one for sure !

Larry

Larry you are right. Here is a better bomb blast.............{sm3}

Attachments

• DSCN1694.JPG
    DSCN1694.JPG
    290.2 KB · Views: 225
Martin, Mike, Ludwig, Thanks for the comments ! I turned this one into a mini comic book of sorts {sm3} I feel this particular set by King&country was again another
brilliant release done as a strictly limited set of 888 made and having the Historical significance that it does !

PA,
....the sacrifice of the largely unsung German people that tried has barely been recognized even this many years later. It was buried in the ungodly and unimaginable thing that was the holocaust.

I also own this set. I have never figured on doing a diorama on it. I do like yours however. I have it to honor the German Resistance.

11JUL12 005.JPG11JUL12 006.JPG

Ludwig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back