June 2020 New Release: The Franco-Prussian War(1870-71) (1 Viewer)

TeamMiniatures

Private 2
Franco-Prussian War, (July 19, 1870–May 10, 1871), war in which a coalition of German states led by Prussia defeated France. The Franco-German War had far-reaching consequences. It established both the German Empire and the French Third Republic. With Napoleon III no longer in power to protect them, the Papal States were annexed by Italy (September 20, 1870), thereby completing that nation’s unification. The Germans’ crushing victory over France in the war consolidated their faith in Prussian militarism, which would remain a dominant force in German society until 1945.
A.JPGB.JPGC.JPG

Formed in October 1830 from native volunteers of the Zouagha tribe, the corps had been completely uropeanised by the time the 1st Regt. was created in 1842. On 13 February 1852 an establishment of three regiments was laid down, one per province, each formed around a battalion of the original regiment. They saw action in the Crimea, in Italy, the Lebanon and Mexico. The 2nd Regt., ‘The Jackals of Oran', was the first in the army to have its eagle decorated with the Legion d’Honneur for its conduct at Magenta; while the 3rd Regt. drew the admiring (and much quoted) observation ‘furia francese’ from their Piedmontese allies at Palestro. In the war against Germany the Zouaves greatly distinguished themselves, especially at Froeschwiller.
PFW-Z6001,6003.JPGPFW-Z6002,6007.JPGPFW-Z6004,6009.JPGPFW-Z6005,6006.JPG

These lookreally great. Not too many figures available for the allies of Prussia in the 1870-1871 war.
A question though for Team Miniatures.. All the Bavarians look as if they are from the Leib -Regiment, red facing plus the Guard braid on cuff except for the officer ,he looks as if he is from the 4th Regiment , yellow facings and white metal buttons. So will you be releasing the full range for both regiments?
Thanks.

Outstanding group of figures showing both sides of conflict. Held off with FL until I saw their Germans. - Still waiting.

Those Zouaves look great.The Bavarians too!^&grin
Mark

Yes! This! I will be buying all of these (and hope, many more Franco-Prussian War figures from Team). Keep 'em coming!

Okay,

Who do I talk to buy them all!:salute:: Finally, the Franco Prussian War Zouaves I have been waiting for!!^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool

Okay,

Who do I talk to buy them all!:salute:: Finally, the Franco Prussian War Zouaves I have been waiting for!!^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool

I figured you'd be in on these; this is only round 1, wait until you see round 2...………….that's all I can say at the moment...………….:wink2:

Okay,

Well that's an easy one. The same people who provide us with this excellent forum. - Treeforg Treasures. ^&cool

TM certainly keep doing the business don't they?

I think these will need to be added to the collection.

Gary

I saw the Bismarck figure. Any idea if Napoleon III is on the horizon with Team Miniatures or even First Legion?
Thanks,
MikeNick

Received my shipment of Franco-Prussian War Bavarians and French Zouaves.
Very happy with the figures.....well sculpted, high quality painting and safely packaged.
Will be ordering more and hope this series keep going strong.

Now that people have them In hand, how does the quality stack up? It looks to me just from stock photos like very early FL quality. Which is not necessarily a bad thing and for $40 a piece certainly a reasonable quality.

Now that people have them In hand, how does the quality stack up? It looks to me just from stock photos like very early FL quality. Which is not necessarily a bad thing and for $40 a piece certainly a reasonable quality.

I think they are very close to FL quality and certainly worth the price. And you will have many more choices in a shorter timespan as FL has only released the French so far and Team has released French Zouaves. Bavarians and Prussians with French infantry coming in September/

I received a few of the Bavarians and they remind me more of Jenkins figures then FL.

Team Miniatures is very pleased with the initial sales on the Bavarians and the Zouaves, I hope other dealers are finding sales to be good for them.

Beyond the first four releases, my vote goes to French Chasseurs a Pied, Guard Grenadiers, Wurttembergers and Saxons. would also love to see French and Prussian Cuirassiers as well as French Chasseurs D'afrique, Prussian Uhlans and Bavarian Cuirassiers...………..

Last edited:
Very good news if things are selling well. It is a bit obscure for many collectors, but one of the most colorful uniform periods. I would hope that they would continue with the basics: after the French Line infantry, I would like to see Prussian Jaegers, French Chasseurs a pied, French Guard (with at least a standing firing and standing on guard in bearskins), then Prussian lancers, with French Chasseur d'Afrique as the first French cavalry. After that, with the core done, lots of interesting choices available.

Not to be greedy or unrealistic how about a Prussian and French Cavalry Regiment, artillery for both sides and perhaps some command sets.
If all keeps going well then more infantry regiments can be added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back