June 2020 New Release: The Franco-Prussian War(1870-71) (1 Viewer)

Team Miniatures is very pleased with the initial sales on the Bavarians and the Zouaves, I hope other dealers are finding sales to be good for them.

Beyond the first four releases, my vote goes to French Chasseurs a Pied, Guard Grenadiers, Wurttembergers and Saxons. would also love to see French and Prussian Cuirassiers as well as French Chasseurs D'afrique, Prussian Uhlans and Bavarian Cuirassiers...………..

I’d like to see more stationary figures like these than action poses. They would fit in better with my Imperial German Army figures that John Firth (Beating Retreat) painted. See https://forum.treefrogtreasures.com/showthread.php?51516-The-Imperial-German-Army-by-Beating-Retreat

Team Miniatures is very pleased with the initial sales on the Bavarians and the Zouaves, I hope other dealers are finding sales to be good for them.

Beyond the first four releases, my vote goes to French Chasseurs a Pied, Guard Grenadiers, Wurttembergers and Saxons. would also love to see French and Prussian Cuirassiers as well as French Chasseurs D'afrique, Prussian Uhlans and Bavarian Cuirassiers...………..

I would love to see Chasseurs D'Afrique . . .

attachment.php

Uhlans, Chevauleger, and Hussar . . . (All I know is WWI or earlier, I leave it to the experts to determine if these uniforms go back to the Franco-Prussian War)

Attachments

• 1 Uhlans 1.jpg
    1 Uhlans 1.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 286
  • 1 Chevauleger 1.jpg
    1 Chevauleger 1.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 286
  • 1 Hussars 1.jpg
    1 Hussars 1.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 307
Not to be greedy or unrealistic how about a Prussian and French Cavalry Regiment, artillery for both sides and perhaps some command sets.
If all keeps going well then more infantry regiments can be added.

Nothing greedy or unrealistic about your wishes; I'd assume French and Prussian cavalry and artillery are in the works.

The basics for this war are French Infantry, Cuirassiers, artillery, Prussian Infantry, Cuirassiers, artillery, then Bavarians and Zouaves are good choices.

From there, French Chasseurs and Prussian Jagers would be great, followed by French Guard infantry and Wurttembergers, then French Chasseurs D'Afrique and Prussian Uhlans.

That's eight infantry types, four cavalry types and artillery.

From there, sales would dictate expansion for the range...………………...wishing and hoping for the best, it's all up to the collectors.

I have several customers who knew very little about this conflict, saw the upcoming releases, got hooked, bought a couple of books on the subject and dove right in,

To me, that is awesome; you become interested in a conflict, buy some figures, read about it and tie the history and the figures together.

Louis takes it an even better step further, he mixes in militaria.

It's all good...……………………...I'm just glad that a period I am passionate about has come to life through figure releases and people seem to have taken to them...……………….

As previously stated, the artwork from this period really speaks to me......…

So George, this isn't a painting of Waterloo?;)

Waterloo is still in my wheelhouse, my favorite battle to read about, Gettysburg is 1A...………….Franco Prussian War has really grabbed me, but Napoleonics will always be #1 for me...……………..

Not sure why my pictures keep disappearing, but here they are again...…

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif][/FONT]

George,

I love the artworks!:salute:: I would love to see the burning buildings from the town in the painting to be made, they would make for a fantastic diorama!

George,

I love the artworks!:salute:: I would love to see the burning buildings from the town in the painting to be made, they would make for a fantastic diorama!

They are on the subject the Battle of Worth, also known as Froeschwiller, which took place on August 6th, 1870, it's 150 anniversary is later this week as a matter of fact...............….

George,

I agree, I really like the stone building with the red roof. Maybe Team Miniatures will branch out with buildings...or Hudson and Allen.

My latest effort...…………….

Last edited:
George,

Love the tiny Zouaves and Turcos!:salute:: Terrific set up!

Thanks Louis, I decided to post the images in this thread as it deals specifically with the FPW vs the general dioramas thread, I hope the other members who post in this thread don't mind the intrusion...……………..

You can never have enough troops in blue and red.:wink2:^&grin Again, a very impressive show of numbers and especially the variety of uniforms. -- Al

You can never have enough troops in blue and red.:wink2:^&grin Again, a very impressive show of numbers and especially the variety of uniforms. -- Al

Thanks Al, I appreciate the feedback, nice to see you back posting, hope all is well with you...………..

Absolutely love it , great job George.

I daydream about doing something like this in 60mm, but I don't think it will ever happen for a ton of reasons. It really is fantastic to see such a diorama and on such a GRAND scale. The variety of units you've built is really impressive. Is that Bavarian Cuirassiers I see? A Dream unit of mine to see made in my scale, boy that would be something.

Sure everyone taking part in this tread or just looking in is thrilled to see pictures of your labor of love. It really looks GREAT :salute:::salute:::salute::. All the best Gebhard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back