June 2020 New Release: The Franco-Prussian War(1870-71) (1 Viewer)

I bought two of these:

ha-2067.5_3_.jpg

One of these:

HA-2067.4.jpg

And one of these:

HA-2067.3.jpg

I ordered two of each of these:

HA-2067.2.jpg

HA-2067.17.jpg

Alec took some proper photos of the Franco Prussian Diorama and Team Miniatures Franco Prussian War Zouaves and Bavarian "Blue Devils" using a generic blue sky backdrop:

Attachments

• 1 Franco Prussian 10.jpg
    1 Franco Prussian 10.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 939
  • 1 Franco Prussian 11.jpg
    1 Franco Prussian 11.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 1,033
  • 1 Franco Prussian 12.jpg
    1 Franco Prussian 12.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 1,095
  • 1 Franco Prussian 13.jpg
    1 Franco Prussian 13.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 1,017
  • 1 Franco Prussian 14.jpg
    1 Franco Prussian 14.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 965
A few more . . .

Attachments

• 1 Franco Prussian 15.jpg
    1 Franco Prussian 15.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 1,004
  • 1 Franco Prussian 17.jpg
    1 Franco Prussian 17.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 227
  • 1 Franco Prussian 18.jpg
    1 Franco Prussian 18.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 956
Great job Louis, looking forward to seeing the finished product, like how you're mixing Team and First Legion figures together, nice job.

A lot of the battles in this war were fought in and around villages and towns, street fighting and such, nice to see it depicted in miniature...………..

Last edited:
Off to a great start, looking forward to watching this one develop :salute:::salute::

Off to a great start, looking forward to watching this one develop :salute:::salute::

Thanks! :salute:: I picked up a corner section and three straight sections of this H&A country stone wall to add some detail to the open field section of the diorama:

Attachments

• 1 H&A Country Wall 1.jpg
    1 H&A Country Wall 1.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 195
  • 1 H&A Country Wall 2.jpg
    1 H&A Country Wall 2.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 200
You can get this book now from the UK for 28 GBP ($36.87) but if you get it over here it's not released until November and it's $55
Mark

Today is the 150th anniversary of The Battle of Gravelotte St Privat; this painting is arguably the most iconic image from the Franco Prussian War...…………………...one of the most famous cemetery archways in history...……the picture was taken at the ceremony today...………….
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif][/FONT]

I picked up this building, because it resembled the Tudor style wood and stucco buildings in these two paintings:

116769649-624404791537851-8627569962873978578-o.jpg

La-charge-du-9e-r-g-de-Cuirs-Morsbronn-4391.jpg

and I thought it would add some depth to the backdrop:

Attachments

• 1 Frontline Tudor Building 1.jpg
    1 Frontline Tudor Building 1.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 566
My version of Gravelotte St. Privat; the main focus was on street fighting in a village/town with this one, not really 100% historically accurate for that battle to be honest...……..

Last edited:
I am happy with how this one came together, was able to use my most of my collection for this one............…

Last edited:
Thanks for the inspiration Louis; after seeing the initial planning for your diorama, you inspired me to do a similar one, so thanks...

Last edited:
George,

Glad I inspired you, but mine is just a little vignette . . . yours is the entire battle, with a full 3-D village, and fields and what looks like thousands of figures! Awesome!! :salute::

George,

Glad I inspired you, but mine is just a little vignette . . . yours is the entire battle, with a full 3-D village, and fields and what looks like thousands of figures! Awesome!! :salute::

Thanks Louis, keep us posted on your diorama, am interested in seeing the finished product, I like how it's coming together so far...………..

George,

Once the diorama materials I ordered start arriving, I will post some more progress photos.👍

George, love the massed cavalry and the village with the street fighting is just fantastic. -- Al

George, love the massed cavalry and the village with the street fighting is just fantastic. -- Al

Thanks Al, the village and positioning the figures was a bit tricky, I took my time and it came together well...………..

The backdrop arrived. I rearranged the buildings and bases to create room for the stucco and timber building I purchased, and installed the backdrop. Here are some of my poor efforts at photography:

Attachments

• 1 Franco Prussian 19 (2).jpg
    1 Franco Prussian 19 (2).jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 201
  • 1 Franco Prussian 21.jpg
    1 Franco Prussian 21.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 188
  • 1 Franco Prussian 24.jpg
    1 Franco Prussian 24.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 186
I have again redesigned the village portion of the diorama, adding a battle damaged European brick building (by Figarti) and two connected H&A French town buildings, one of which has the stucco and wood construction and a large H&A cobblestone street base in place of one of the H&A stone buildings with the smaller attached street section, and reconfigured the other elements of the diorama. I am also adding 4 H&A Hedgerow pieces along one side of the diorama as a border. When I have it all reconfigured later today, I will post some more photos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back