K&C Horsa on ebay (1 Viewer)

That's not a K&C Horsa. The base and the box are wrong. It is one of the other philippine manufacturers.

The Spitfire is the genuine article.

That's not a K&C Horsa. The base and the box are wrong. It is one of the other philippine manufacturers.

Correct, but isn't it amazing how good they look, the other phillippine manufacturers??

TD

Why does it say "King and Country" on the box of the Horsa if it's not K&C????

Will wait till K+C make both planes in polystone i think/hope.

Wayne,

That's probably not possible because of the size of the plane, the wings would break off.

Why does it say "King and Country" on the box of the Horsa if it's not K&C????

I looked at the photos and it doesn't say K & C. The last two photos are photos of the K & C brochure. I have two Motion Model planes and that is their kind of base, plus their kind of packaging.

Thats unfortunate Brad but as previously discussed a damaged one maybe just the hull and some pieces scattered about (Horsa)i mean.

Let me concur here, the box packaging is a dead giveaway to the Phillippine Manufacturer or Motion Models. NOW, that is not to say they are not similar to the K&C versions. The K&C versions are made in the Phillippines, so is it possible they are close, sure. Andy in recent wooden warbirds went for clear cockpits and detail in the cockpit, that is the distinguishing factor for wooden warbirds made today. Here is a Storch in Crete colors done in the Phillippines in the old style painted cockpit. It feels and looks like an old K&C warbird, but its retail is about $150. Comes in a box nearly identical to the Horsa in the auction:

PB010177.jpg

PB010178.jpg

TD

Reading the description more carefully, it doesn't actually say it's a K&C Horsa Glider - it just does a good job of implying that it is.

Terry

Hi guys
This looks like the same HORSA i got from Phillappines only the stand is different:rolleyes:
Regards Scott

I asked the seller if it was made by K&C & this is his reply
the horsa made by the same factory
is exactly the same who made k&c :rolleyes:

Reading the description more carefully, it doesn't actually say it's a K&C Horsa Glider - it just does a good job of implying that it is.

Terry

Sorry guys, on reading it again more thoroughly, as Terry says, the description for this one has obviously been given a lot of thought :rolleyes:
Intersting to see if it goes for this price.

It is made by the same factory as the K&C model. That much is true.

I think the seller could made it perfectly clear that is not a K&C "branded" model. For that amount of money, a collector would know anyway. It doesn't do anything for his reputation to list an item that way. To be so sketchy on the "not" word.

Anyway, it is still an impressive model.

Interesting to see the other plane being an early K&C. It's really crappy with the only differentiating factor being the landing gear down. I forgot how simple and crude some of the real early planes were.

Terry

Sorry guys, on reading it again more thoroughly, as Terry says, the description for this one has obviously been given a lot of thought :rolleyes:
Intersting to see if it goes for this price.

So it's a Horsa Glider not made by K&C, but suitable to use with the K&C Arnhem range? :confused:

Jeff

As only two of the original K&C Horsas were ever made (one of which resides permanently in my collection), and at least one, possibly two were produced with the improved clear canopy a couple of years ago (one of which resides permanently in the collection of a friend of mine who would never sell), I would be very skeptical of any claims that a K&C Horsa is for sale - there are only one classic and one new unaccounted for.

The early Spitfire MK1, on the other hand, was one of the more heavily produced K&C Warbirds, with as many as 150 made, and they do come up for sale occasionally. They often had "LO" squadron markings (I have seen K&C Spits marked as LO-Q, LO-J and LO-D).

As to the claim that the Horsa was made in the same factory K&C used for the classic warbirds, it is possible. K&C used three different Philippine factories back then (with different finishes [some glossy, some matt], levels of detail, and even sizes of the planes [some were closer to to 1:30 than 1:32]). However, as there are literally dozens of factories in the Philippines producing these models, it is unlikely.

I would take exception with the word "crappy" in describing the early Spit. It seems like a lot of the wooden planes are still made that way. There is quite a difference between the ones K & C now sells and the ones they used to make. Different time, different product. This is the first Warbird I ever had.

Attachments

• Spitfire.jpg
    Spitfire.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 113

Users who are viewing this thread

Back