K&C new buildings (1 Viewer)

ketelone

Private 2
The future release of new building(s) looks great but a bit pricey. The first building (Normandy-like) is a bakery. It looks fantastic. Interestingly enough the scale stated 1/35th. The building resembles the original Form Tech K&C buildings but apparently its made of some different materials to warrant a list price of $189. I'll have to think hard about making such a purchase. I finally acquired all the Form Tech pieces. Space is always a major consideration.

The future release of new building(s) looks great but a bit pricey. The first building (Normandy-like) is a bakery. It looks fantastic. Interestingly enough the scale stated 1/35th. The building resembles the original Form Tech K&C buildings but apparently its made of some different materials to warrant a list price of $189. I'll have to think hard about making such a purchase. I finally acquired all the Form Tech pieces. Space is always a major consideration.
Next weeks delivery will also see the MOSQUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will work in at least four of my dio's!@!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not have to think about this one at all...

When will we give Gordon the credit he deserves?????????????

Yes I agree, the new building looks great, but pricey. I could buy a nice tank or vehicle for that and still have change.:eek:

I saying that, they add such a great dimension to any display, they're hard to resist. The fantastic "desert village" is testiment to that.;)

I'm still saving for the Normandy church, so this new edition will have to wait for now.

Yes I agree, the new building looks great, but pricey. I could buy a nice tank or vehicle for that and still have change.:eek:

I saying that, they add such a great dimension to any display, they're hard to resist. The fantastic "desert village" is testiment to that.;)

I'm still saving for the Normandy church, so this new edition will have to wait for now.
Me, I have got to have the Mosque.....and the Minaret which we still do not when!!

I think many have waited for these type of buildings for a long time and yes, they may seem pricey but, the last Normandy village was a long time ago and was not in 1/30th scale these are and are done very nicely. If this is the first in a series to create a village scen I think if you went to get them done as bespoke buildings for your collection think how much more you would have to pay.

I think it does seem a lot but, IMO for a lump that size it seems worth it.
Mitch

It's pricey but no doubt the quality will be there in spades. That being said, I am going to pass...more than likely...really am in more of a hold position- want to see where it all goes..once I have the bigger picture, I can make a better call on it.

But right now, leaning away.

I can't see myself passing on any 3-D K&C building. They are always fantastic, and make unbelievably versitile diorama backdrops. This one looks like a battledamaged re-release in polystone of one of the original wood and papier mache back lot buildings. If Andy re-releases all of the back lot buildings in polystone, they will be must-have's for anyone who collects K&C Normandy or Market Garden figures.:cool::cool:

I can't see myself passing on any 3-D K&C building. They are always fantastic, and make unbelievably versitile diorama backdrops. This one looks like a battledamaged re-release in polystone of one of the original wood and papier mache back lot buildings. If Andy re-releases all of the back lot buildings in polystone, they will be must-have's for anyone who collects K&C Normandy or Market Garden figures.:cool::cool:

I agree. I probably will get them all just to have them. They will look really god.

Terry

I think the new building is very nicely done, my only issue is that it is battle damaged.

thebritfarmer...

I think thats why they are so appealing as they have battle damage. I know others do theirs without this and, for me, they look almost to nice to stand in some WWII diorama's.

I suppose its how you see the diorama but, I am looking forward to seeing a whole village setting.
Mitch

Very much agree, these are going to be excellent for those two ranges. I really think this move into buildings and structures is great stuff from K&C. I have the D Day bunker and the Nissen Hut and they both are very nice and just add that something to figures and a scene. These new Normandy buildings will be must haves for me.I think the ruined Church with the addition of rubble and snow may also look good in a Bulge type scenario.

Rob

It's pricey but no doubt the quality will be there in spades. That being said, I am going to pass...more than likely...really am in more of a hold position- want to see where it all goes..once I have the bigger picture, I can make a better call on it.

But right now, leaning away.

Well said, I'm leaning that way too. I've got a lot of other priorities at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back