K&C News from Chicago Show (4 Viewers)

Steven Chong

First Sergeant
The new line is going to be "Sand Pebbles" or U.S. Navy in white uniforms from early 1900's.:cool: K&C has a model of the "Sand Pueblo" gunboat and a Chinese street diorama using some of the Streets of Old Hong Kong buildings. Pictures tomorrow.

K&C displayed the three dioramas already posted on the forum: Remagen Bridge, the winter scene with cliff background that has new winter Sherman with mine damage, and a road diorama with new Dragon Wagon. K&C only did the front part of the Dragon wagon and did not do the trailer.

There is also going to be four new BOB sets.:)

Thanks for the update steven:)

Did anyone guess this one:D Will there be a Candice Bergen figure;)

I saw the winter sherman with mine damage and it is very nicely done:cool:The dragon wagon looks huge:eek:

One correction and some more details. The name of the gunboat is "San Pueblo.":eek: Andy wants to put it into production and has asked several factories for samples. There is no information on pricing until K&C gets proposals from the factories.

Initial launch of the "USN" line will have about 12 figures including an officer with WWI style olive drab helmet and a familiar sailor with a BAR.

The era of the new line is actually the 1920's. Andy also plans to move Streets of Old Hong Kong into the 1920's and possibly change the theme to "Streets of Old China" so ideas from different areas can be done like Chicago-style mobsters in Shanghai.

Christmas figures will be two BOB soldiers with two local children and a dog.:)

Thanks Steve. It looks like we did not have to wait that long to find out. Cannot wait to see the pictures.

Thanks again Steven

I was just looking thru the thread and noli-poli and Rob mentioned it as a possibility a few days ago (those two will sleep with anyone:D:D:D), Tex called for Yangtze patrol with The Heid looking for the early 20's 30's china variation in October 2007. Don't think anyone else guessed it....now I wonder what the other line is :D

One correction and some more details. The name of the gunboat is "San Pueblo.":eek: Andy wants to put it into production and has asked several factories for samples. There is no information on pricing until K&C gets proposals from the factories.

Initial launch of the "USN" line will have about 12 figures including an officer with WWI style olive drab helmet and a familiar sailor with a BAR.

The era of the new line is actually the 1920's. Andy also plans to move Streets of Old Hong Kong into the 1920's and possibly change the theme to "Streets of Old China" so ideas from different areas can be done like Chicago-style mobsters in Shanghai.

Christmas figures will be two BOB soldiers with two local children and a dog.:)

If he makes a gunboat, I am so there, with my wallet. Might try to make my own, till that happens, though my ship would probably nowhere have the extra details shown...Michael

The new line is going to be "Sand Pebbles" or U.S. Navy in white uniforms from early 1900's.:cool: K&C has a model of the "Sand Pueblo" gunboat and a Chinese street diorama using some of the Streets of Old Hong Kong buildings. Pictures tomorrow.

K&C displayed the three dioramas already posted on the forum: Remagen Bridge, the winter scene with cliff background that has new winter Sherman with mine damage, and a road diorama with new Dragon Wagon. K&C only did the front part of the Dragon wagon and did not do the trailer.

There is also going to be four new BOB sets.:)

I was right! I guessed it correctly! I should get an award
N-P

Thanks again Steven

I was just looking thru the thread and noli-poli and Rob mentioned it as a possibility a few days ago (those two will sleep with anyone:D:D:D), Tex called for Yangtze patrol with The Heid looking for the early 20's 30's china variation in October 2007. Don't think anyone else guessed it....now I wonder what the other line is :D

:D:D

There was a film interview with Andy sometime back,in a reflection in a cabinet a boat could be seen.But like Churchill i was a voice in the wilderness of non believers!!:eek:;):D

Rob

There was a film interview with Andy sometime back,in a reflection in a cabinet a boat could be seen.But like Churchill i was a voice in the wilderness of non believers!!:eek:;):D

Rob

Those guys on CSI are amateurs compared to you Rob:D:D

Last night, K&C set-up the Warbird Lancaster Bomber (Australian sq) on the airfield diorama. The fuel truck and Austin are old pieces from the original airfield series.:cool:

As mentioned by several members, the K&C website has pictures of this diorama and the other four that it brought to Chicago in the K&C Workshop section. :eek: These pictures are better than mine and will give you a better idea of what K&C is displaying.:)

I would never have guessed "Sand Pebbles." Kudos to Andy for something different. It holds some interesting possibilities, but I'm still in wait and see mode. BTW: I thought the historical context of that film was mostly fiction?

Rob
The reflection is of the pirate ship that K&C had built to display its never produced pirate line. The newest Collector has an extensive article of this ship plus pictures of some of the pirate figure samples. In addition, is will have an article about many of a "rarities and oddities" that K&C produced over the years.:)

I would never have guessed "Sand Pebbles." Kudos to Andy for something different. It holds some interesting possibilities, but I'm still in wait and see mode. BTW: I thought the historical context of that film was mostly fiction?
I think the film was inspired by the Amethyst Affair in 1949 in which a Royal Navy ship was stranded up river on the Yangtze and there were artillery battles with the PRC.:)

Since K&C is using "USN" for this new line, there is always the possibility they do other U.S. Navy uniforms.:cool:

I think the film was inspired by the Amethyst Affair in 1949 in which a Royal Navy ship was stranded up river on the Yangtze and there were artillery battles with the PRC.:)

Since K&C is using "USN" for this new line, there is always the possibility they do other U.S. Navy uniforms.:cool:

Steven,

Thanks for your posts.Any idea when we may see pics of the Xmas Bulge set?

Rob

The reflection is of the pirate ship that K&C had built to display its never produced pirate line. The newest Collector has an extensive article of this ship plus pictures of some of the pirate figure samples. In addition, is will have an article about many of a "rarities and oddities" that K&C produced over the years.:)

Yep sorry Steven got my wires crossed there,it was the Pirate ship i saw.:eek:

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back