K&C Retroactive Price Increases (9 Viewers)

Combat...

Very true. I did read an article the other day that said even the chinese are trying to get round this by getting rid of those persons who want these better standards and as they have such a vast pool of workers to draw from (in that the population is so vast) they are looking further afield for workers who are only to willing to work for low pay.

Its a difficult situation and one not easily resolved for sure
Mitch

Mitch...

I don't know if anybody outside of China ...much less those that live in China understand what is happening there...

It must be a difficult place to conduct business..

I can't find the article I wanted...but I read somewhere that China has led the world in suicides per capita for 20 years...

there is a suicide every two minutes...300,00 suicides per year...30% of the world's suicide...

granted 20% of the world's population is Chinese...still this is alarming...

here's a couple of interesting link...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_in_China

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-06-01/...onn-suicides-china-labor-bulletin?_s=PM:WORLD

Mike...

Hell!! thats a lot of people. I often wonder how bad things must be or seem that the only option some have as best option, is to take their own life.

I think China seems really mixed up with wanting to keep its traditions and such like and the need for growth and expansion etc seems from what you have said that sadly this is something that its people also seem to have difficulty with. What a waste of life.
Mitch

Mitch...

I don't know if anybody outside of China ...much less those that live in China understand what is happening there...

I can't find the article I wanted...but I read somewhere that China has led the world in suicides per capita for 20 years...

there is a suicide every two minutes...300,00 suicides per year...

Mitch...one day I read for two hours on this topic...

sadly...I can't seem to find a single article that I'm looking for...

you can google this and find thousands of hits...

but I remember one "psychoanalyst" comparing the dull, routine, uneventful, drudgery of mass production line work as a most possible cause...

he even compared it to the US Postal service in his analogy...no offense meant here to any postal workers...:eek:

I can't proof it...but it seems like I also remember women being the "lion's share" on the suicides...

mike...

Just did a quick look and saw a newspaper account of 19 suicides in one factory and a quote from one worker who said that in a 10 hour shift they can make 4,000 dell computers and, they have to stand whilst working!!!!

Thats a hell of a shift and kinda makes one think what hard work really is. Not a very pleasent topic for sure.
Mitch

Mitch...one day I read for two hours on this topic...

sadly...I can't seem to find a single article that I'm looking for...

you can google this and find thousands of hits...

but I remember one "psychoanalyst" comparing the dull, routine, uneventful, drudgery of mass production line work as a most possible cause...

he even compared it to the US Postal service in his analogy...no offense meant here to any postal workers...:eek:

I can't proof it...but it seems like I also remember women being the "lion's share" on the suicides...

Mitch...

I cut and pasted this off one of those sites...it sounds like a prison to me...or maybe rats in a surreal experiment...mass production at it's finest hour...300,000 people on one square mile...must be the largest concentration of people in the world...6 times as many people as where I live...all crammed in one square mile...John Jenkins told me on more than one occassion...conducting business here is an experience...

"At first glance, Foxconn's factory complex in the southern Chinese city of Shenzhen seems like a heavily secure university campus.

Young workers move quickly from modern, clean dormitories to huge mess halls and then to their jobs on the assembly lines, making everything from Apple's iPad and iPhone, to Dell computers, and products for Hewlett Packard and Sony.

More than 300,000 people sleep, eat and work here. There are three hospitals, a fire station, supermarkets and restaurants all crammed on less than a square mile (2.3 square kilometers.)"

Mike...

Thats one of the reports I saw when I quickly looked at the web. Astonishing the scale they work on. Its almost like mobilisation on an army scale of the civillian population. No wonder they have the psychological issues they do

I think someone mentioned on here this is the area where some of the TS factories are. I could not imagine living like that

Its whats probably worrying the US and Europe how they will be able to compete with this type of organised work.
Mitch

Hey, now that I know about Kings X and am planning to go there...probably start buying direct instead of on greed bay.....can anyone tell me if their stock will follow the time frame of K&C Hong Kong...or the dealers.

I have started to think maybe I should pick up some more marching figures for a couple of diorama's.

Thanks

Hey, now that I know about Kings X and am planning to go there...probably start buying direct instead of on greed bay.....can anyone tell me if their stock will follow the time frame of K&C Hong Kong...or the dealers.

I have started to think maybe I should pick up some more marching figures for a couple of diorama's.

Thanks
No more responses to this thread...amazing. Can any one answer my question...Martin...Andy.

They are a dealer (that just happen to be owned by K & C) so they should follow the time line (if I understand the term) like any other dealer.

They are a dealer (that just happen to be owned by K & C) so they should follow the time line (if I understand the term) like any other dealer.
Thanks for you response!!! I sure hope so if I am going to start buying there. I do not think I will get up there until after the K&C Hong Kong deadline due to work. Perhaps Martin or Andy could confirm!!

Hello...hello!!!

Thanks for you response!!! I sure hope so if I am going to start buying there. I do not think I will get up there until after the K&C Hong Kong deadline due to work. Perhaps Martin or Andy could confirm!!

Hello...hello!!!

Kings X gets their stock just like the rest of us do, by ordering it once K & C HQ HK lets us know the new sets are in stock, ready to ship. They are free like the rest of us to order current stock at anytime.

Not sure why it is imperative that you go there in person, pretty sure they do mail order.

Instead of asking here and getting torked off due to the lack of a response, perhaps you'd be better served contacting the store direct, Joan is a great lady, Martin is a great guy, I don't think they monitor this site 24/7/365; I am sure either of them would be be happy to answer all of your burning questions.....................

Kings X gets their stock just like the rest of us do, by ordering it once K & C HQ HK lets us know the new sets are in stock, ready to ship. They are free like the rest of us to order current stock at anytime.

Not sure why it is imperative that you go there in person, pretty sure they do mail order.

Instead of asking here and getting torked off due to the lack of a response, perhaps you'd be better served contacting the store direct, Joan is a great lady, Martin is a great guy, I don't think they monitor this site 24/7/365; I am sure either of them would be be happy to answer all of your burning questions.....................
Thank you for your most learned and friendly reply!!

One other thing about KingX. I believe they have a policy if you spend X number of dollars you get a free special figure made just for them. These figures are highly sought after.
And I concur Martin, the manager, is a great guy to work with.
Gary

Thank you for your most learned and friendly reply!!

If you need directions to the store, have any questions about the parking situation in San Antonio, want to know where to grab a bite to eat, feel free to ask.

It's right down the street from the Alamo, it looks just like it did in the John Wayne version, you can't miss it, the big churchfront right in the middle of downtown San Antonio, be sure to ask for the nickel tour.

Oh and don't forget to ask to see the basement.

If you need directions to the store, have any questions about the parking situation in San Antonio, want to know where to grab a bite to eat, feel free to ask.

It's right down the street from the Alamo, it looks just like it did in the John Wayne version, you can't miss it, the big churchfront right in the middle of downtown San Antonio, be sure to ask for the nickel tour.

yes...and the attic too...

People - Get used to price increases all over the place.. The price of oil, materials, and other commodities is creeping up again! Thus the domino effect!

People - Get used to price increases all over the place.. The price of oil, materials, and other commodities is creeping up again! Thus the domino effect!
What ever dude. We buisness men obsorg these prices and overhead just to stay in buisness. In the end stand by your dealers or just lose the rest.

I think I read somewhere that the Alamo basement was closed for repair and renovation after a tunnel to Mexico was discovered in it. There was no reason given for the tunnels exsistence but authorities feel it was for staging an after dark raid on the local TS store. -- Al

I think I read somewhere that the Alamo basement was closed for repair and renovation after a tunnel to Mexico was discovered in it. There was no reason given for the tunnels exsistence but authorities feel it was for staging an after dark raid on the local TS store. -- Al

LOL..........you are one funny guy Al, glad you are around these parts, especially the past week or so, it's been a bumpy ride........

LOL..........you are one funny guy Al, glad you are around these parts, especially the past week or so, it's been a bumpy ride........

George, I think we would all chill out by you setting up one of your 20mm battles, perhaps a Napoleonic.....;):cool::D

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back