K&C Singapore Event Displays (1 Viewer)

DAK reinforcements at last...brilliant new Panzer II, like figures and the bike - excellent and after the new Adler too - the DAK is back!

And a nice pic of battery of FH18 10.5 diorama in Collector magazine

View attachment 202400

Big problem with this battery .....

How did they get the guns into the gun pits?????

Helicopter ????

No way.... they would have to been driven in, or man handled, but that's not shown ..... there is a wall be hind the guns.

They look great, but maybe a bit more technical details need to be sorted out, I think.

John

And for another close up ... my favourites on display last Saturday ....

NA 375 Napoleon and his ADC's complete with table and maps.

ADC.jpg

Also on show were another set of Old Guards, including 2 dead figures with out bases, so well suited to dioramas.

All of these are now on my K&C WISH LIST :)

John

Hi John,

Your statement hits the target on the bulls eye ..thought of that but did not mentioned at the time....kind of thought they would have had time enough to open a trench in front of each pit, rolled the gun in and then did a landscaping job to cover the opening..all that under the calm supervision of the Russian officers across the ridge waiting for the job to be done and the grass to grow before they launched an attack:wink2: Now if these batteries were under the risk of being overrun..well bye bye guns....take the optics and the breech mechanism and run for your life...had choppers been big enough and plenty enough to have positioned the guns....used the words big enough and plenty, given that the Jerries had small choppers already in test and field use in Europe..too few and only for rescue operatkions though...the story could have been different....Vietnam gun base type {sm4}
Our friends at K&C could have avoided this glitch had they made the traverse trench at the back of the gun pits wide enough for an artillery tractor pass so as to deliver the guns, or worste case senario the teams man handle the guns in position...but still the trenches would need to be wide enough to allow the guns with the trails closed to pass....{sm2}{sm3}...
This is a pitty....as I said a nice work done on the dio, camo etc...but the miss...well that is something else...
Cheers
Artillery_Carzy

Big problem with this battery .....

How did they get the guns into the gun pits?????

Helicopter ????

No way.... they would have to been driven in, or man handled, but that's not shown ..... there is a wall be hind the guns.

They look great, but maybe a bit more technical details need to be sorted out, I think.

John

Hi John,

Your statement hits the target on the bulls eye ..thought of that but did not mentioned at the time....kind of thought they would have had time enough to open a trench in front of each pit, rolled the gun in and then did a landscaping job to cover the opening..all that under the calm supervision of the Russian officers across the ridge waiting for the job to be done and the grass to grow before they launched an attack:wink2: Now if these batteries were under the risk of being overrun..well bye bye guns....take the optics and the breech mechanism and run for your life...had choppers been big enough and plenty enough to have positioned the guns....used the words big enough and plenty, given that the Jerries had small choppers already in test and field use in Europe..too few and only for rescue operatkions though...the story could have been different....Vietnam gun base type {sm4}
Our friends at K&C could have avoided this glitch had they made the traverse trench at the back of the gun pits wide enough for an artillery tractor pass so as to deliver the guns, or worste case senario the teams man handle the guns in position...but still the trenches would need to be wide enough to allow the guns with the trails closed to pass....{sm2}{sm3}...
This is a pitty....as I said a nice work done on the dio, camo etc...but the miss...well that is something else...
Cheers
Artillery_Carzy

Could the diorama be looking at the Brecourt Manor action with the 101st Easy Company attack, this would fit in with US Para we have had released in the last year! Taking the layout from the Band of Brothers series [which is outstanding], having visited the battle site and from my reading i am unsure the guns were actually dug in! I had a wander around the area and it looks to be [keep in mind it is a considerable time since the battle] a lane and the guns were spread along the lane, but they could have been dug into the bank, there are some pictures claiming to be the guns, but these have been shown to be from the Holdy Battery.

How they got the guns in would have simply been the German way - effectively, getting them in from the front would not have been an issue, as they would have been preparing for months prior to D-Day, but for the Brecourt Manor action i cannot actually find out when the German regiment actually arrived at the position? What would be great is if K and C made a concrete plinth and surrounding ammo bays such as you can see at the Merville Battery and the Maisy Battery, would make for great diorama.

My concern is how close together the guns are? Lack of Camo netting and where is the ammo stored for easy access? Saying all this, it still is a great diorama.

Interesting service history

The idea of a heavy multipurpose tractor, intended for the prepared invasion of the Soviet Union supposedly came from Adolf Hitler. In 1941 Ferdinand Porsche prepared a design of a four-wheel drive tractor, distinguished by its large diameter (1500 mm) steel cleated wheels. The vehicle was powered by Porsche's own design air-cooled, inline-four petrol engine of 6023 cc displacement. As a starter, a two-cylinder petrol engine (half of KdF-Wagen engine) was used.[1]

Final development and production took place in the Škoda automobile plant in Mladá Boleslav, in what was then the Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia. The RSO went through its first trials in 1942, but results were disappointing; high weight and narrow wheels caused high ground pressure, causing the tractor to get stuck easily even on relatively solid surface. On icy surfaces, the vehicle was almost impossible to steer. Fuel consumption was also unfavourably high. Production still went ahead despite this problems, with around 200 tractors produced during 1942–1944. Because of their faults, they were never deployed on the eastern front; instead they served in Normandy and the Netherlands. Some of them supposedly participated in the Battle of the Bulge.[2][3]

Thanks, but the above is from wiki and not sure? One thing i do agree, i have never seen any reference to any being sent to Russia. There are some pictures of US Troops inspecting one of the vehicles in the snow, but cannot find any references for the picture and where it was, but have not seen any designated pics of the Battle of the Ardennes with the vehicle in. For me it would have been used in back up units, such as recovery etc, where possibly there were no pictures, but for me it is not conclusive it appeared in the Ardennes. i am also not convinced there were many German vehicles whitewashed, but what does make me smile however is the Italian troops on the Ardennes front................

I will have to put my hands up and say the K & C Battle of the Bulge is one of my favourite ranges, i have nearly everything, drew the line at the Italians, but still have the Elefant and the BBG39 Command car, which did not appear in the battle but makes a great vehicles anyway. There is so much more this range can be developed into, the M29 Weasel, Sherman Firefly from the RTR defending Meuse, M32 recovery vehicle, new jeep with the twin bazookas on the MG plinth as used by the 60th Reg I & R platoons, M5's, Wirbelwind, US Troops using civilian sheets as camo, but for me a 'mini range' reflecting the Poteau Recht Road clash would be a must buy collection.

The Normandy version will be a great addition to that range.

I'm always amused when dioramas area checked for 100% accuracy, as though you can capture the spacing, etc on a 20 x 20 inch, or whatever, board. Great looking dio and wish I had something comparable. Chris

This is my close up, but again, a bit high up?
Nice shot John - thanks for posting. I really like the tank commander - love the red goggles! They remind me of something you'd see in the old Rat Patrol series. The motorcycle looks like a nice piece as well. These will go well with my existing DAK collection. Looking forward to these releases.

attachment.php

Yeahh!:salute:::salute:::salute:::salute::
That is the end product of historical accuracy and technical knowledge applied to the highest degree of scenario miniaturization....Museum quality.....:cool:
I'm always amused when dioramas area checked for 100% accuracy, as though you can capture the spacing, etc on a 20 x 20 inch, or whatever, board. Great looking dio and wish I had something comparable. Chris

It kind of reminds me of an old, language-biddy attempting to correct other posters grammar. Pretty tiresome, and invariably self-defeating "when the tables get turned" on the graders.:eek: And, yes, that last comment is an incomplete sentence!:p

-Moe

Just in case any of you haven't checked the K&C Facebook page, they have recently uploaded the pictures of The Event on this page:

https://www.facebook.com/131824117310973/photos/?tab=album&album_id=131919833968068

Chick out to see all the happy collectors, me included :)

John

Dear John:

Thanks for submitting the web-site showing photos of the 2016 K&C Singapore Event at the Cricket Club. I saw a couple of photos of my friend "Glossman" who lives in Singapore. Were you at the 2016 K&C Singapore event as well?

Gary

Dear John:

Thanks for submitting the web-site showing photos of the 2016 K&C Singapore Event at the Cricket Club. I saw a couple of photos of my friend "Glossman" who lives in Singapore. Were you at the 2016 K&C Singapore event as well?

Gary

Yes, that's me sitting next to Raymond, with Helen & Andy standing between us.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back