K&C SOHK / Imperial collection / China Marines corner (1 Viewer)

My wife actually collects the matt SOHK range amongst other Oriental items.

To start with a special set of “Gift Givers” made for the K&C UK Collectors Club members some years ago.

Jeff

Striking display. Not hidden in a hobby room or den no less!

Quite appealing K&C does non-militaristic figures as well!

Balance^&cool

Couple more pix.
One that I found lurking on my hard-drive and the other is one of good old Jock negotiating for a night of pleasure with Suzie Wong which I posted in another thread.

cheers

jules

Attachments

• indochine12.jpg
    indochine12.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 257
  • Mad_Jock_and_hooker1.jpg
    Mad_Jock_and_hooker1.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 261
Couple more pix from my hardrive

Attachments

• K&C-Indochine6.jpg
    K&C-Indochine6.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 230
  • K&C-Indochine5.jpg
    K&C-Indochine5.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 251
Forgive me if this issue has already been raised but I'm intrigued.

I don't collect SOHK. I like the China Marine figures but they haven't convinced me to take the plunge with SOHC.

I'm a Boxer Rebellion fanatic. SOHK strikes me as as very compatible with a Boxer Rebellion series. Has K&C commented on this potential in the past? Not sure if others have a similar view?

Forgive me if this issue has already been raised but I'm intrigued.

I don't collect SOHK. I like the China Marine figures but they haven't convinced me to take the plunge with SOHC.

I'm a Boxer Rebellion fanatic. SOHK strikes me as as very compatible with a Boxer Rebellion series. Has K&C commented on this potential in the past? Not sure if others have a similar view?

Yeah, something I wondered too. Think I asked this some time back and it was answered, but can't remember what the answer was... (possibly some glossy a long time ago?... not sure now.) But it does seem to be logical to extend it into the Boxer Rebellion, although I doubt it will happen. Long over due for some new releases but don't hold your breath.

Anyway, some more pix from me. I'm working on a photo series inspired by the work of photographer David Levinthal and using K&C SOHK as the basis for a series of B&W exhibition prints. The sepia toned image is a scan one of the first test prints for the project. The other two are just a couple more from my files.

cheers

jules

Attachments

• Indochine-temple.jpg
    Indochine-temple.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 206
  • Indochine.jpg
    Indochine.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 215
  • Indochine-2.jpg
    Indochine-2.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 214
Burma_figures.jpg

Just back from a trip to Burma and found these figures in the International departures lounge at Yangon airport. Various Burmese ethnic groups in their national costume. They're not King & Country but the quality isn't too bad and the few that I bought fit in quite well. There were quite a few other variations as well, Burmese carts, Oxen, kids climbing coconut palms etc. Could be a nice addition to a SOE setup or to accompany the Collectors club figures of Slim and Wingate.

Anybody seen these before or know where to get them outside of Burma?

JulesBurma_figures-2.jpgBurma_figures-3.jpg

Jules,
An interesting find. The Ox cart looks good as does the man climbing tree.

Any brand or country shown on the packaging ?

The seller must have been happy when you walked in {sm4}

Regards
Brett

Jules,
An interesting find. The Ox cart looks good as does the man climbing tree.

Any brand or country shown on the packaging ?

The seller must have been happy when you walked in {sm4}

Regards
Brett

Ah.... good point Brett. There wasn't any packaging and the figures that I bought were just wrapped up in strips of newspaper and dropped into a bag. But, I've just rubbed away the pricing gun labels that were on the bottom and found that all have "A & D" stamped into the base. Some also have numbers and one has what appears to be the shape of an elephant stamped into the base as well.

Had I been able to, I would have bought heaps but unfortunately Myanmar is very much a cash only economy... no ATM's, no Travelers Checks and no Credit Cards and visitors have to bring in enough cash for the duration of their stay as there are no alternatives... so I was somewhat limited in what I could purchase. Fortunately I found these on the way out of the country so spent most of my remaining US$ on figures. Single figures cost between US$17 and 21 each btw... which is a bloody fortune in that country... more than what I was paying for my 3 star hotel room for most nights.

So, anybody have any ideas who the stamp "A & D" may represent?

Jules,

Brilliant photography, as always,

Well Done

John

Jules,

Brilliant photography, as always,

Well Done

John

Thanks mate, been mucking around with some textured layers for a photo exhibition project I'm working on (making some of the pix I took in Burma in July look like old, weathered, 19th century postcards). Figured that I'd see how they look with my SOHK setup as it's supposed to be the same time period. Here's another

indochine--5-Edit-2.jpg

Yet another great photo...

love the sepia finish, looks like 'the olden days'

John

View attachment 73824

Just back from a trip to Burma and found these figures in the International departures lounge at Yangon airport. Various Burmese ethnic groups in their national costume. They're not King & Country but the quality isn't too bad and the few that I bought fit in quite well. There were quite a few other variations as well, Burmese carts, Oxen, kids climbing coconut palms etc. Could be a nice addition to a SOE setup or to accompany the Collectors club figures of Slim and Wingate.

Anybody seen these before or know where to get them outside of Burma?

JulesView attachment 73825View attachment 73826

Those figures look great. are they made out of plastic or metal?

Walt

Those figures look great. are they made out of plastic or metal?

Walt

Walt, they're metal. Quite nice and I wish that I could have bought more than I did as I have not been able to find them anywhere on the net. I'll post some pix of some that I acquired shortly.

jules

Walt, they're metal. Quite nice and I wish that I could have bought more than I did as I have not been able to find them anywhere on the net. I'll post some pix of some that I acquired shortly.

jules

Posted this as a separate thread, but in case you missed it. A quick setup including some of the Burmese figures that I mentioned earlier. Most of these are of the ethnic Karen / Paduang minority group (aka 'long necks') found in North Eastern Burma. I really wish I could find a supplier outside of Myanmar as they had some really interesting figures.

Attachments

• miniatures--33-Edit.jpg
    miniatures--33-Edit.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 136
Stay on the Boat! In search of the grandfather of Colonel Kurtz

Spent this morning finishing off a dio base for my Indochina series. The figurehead in the background is from an aquarium supplier, repainted it and added various bits of foliage to make it look like one of the old Khmer temples (which it actually is, the sculpt is of the Bayon in Cambodia btw). Started to throw some figures around it and then thought of taking a shot that was reminiscent of Captain Willard's journey up the Nung River in search of Colonel Kurtz in Apocalypse Now.... only in the 1920's instead of the 1960's. Hope you like it

Jules

Stay_on_the_boat.jpg

Re: Stay on the Boat! In search of the grandfather of Colonel Kurtz

Spent this morning finishing off a dio base for my Indochina series. The figurehead in the background is from an aquarium supplier, repainted it and added various bits of foliage to make it look like one of the old Khmer temples (which it actually is, the sculpt is of the Bayon in Cambodia btw).
View attachment 76447

Here's a closer shot of the ruins

bayon.jpg

Jules,
Who and what brand are the two officers in your previous post ? Nice figures.
Regards
Brett

Brett,
They're Hachette / Del Prado. Quality is pretty bloody good and I suspect that they may have been a K&C commission as I believe that K&C did some of the Foreign Legion line for them.

cheers

jules

Users who are viewing this thread

Back