K&C SOHK / Imperial collection / China Marines corner (4 Viewers)

That's awesome Lawrence. Being a relatively newcomer to K&C I had not seen the gateway before and not much of the Silk Road either. Really like your setup and would love to see some more pix.

You have a wonderful looking collection Lawrence. I wish I had started my collection when the Silk Road Gateway was still available - fabulous piece that makes a terrific backdrop for your figures.
:) Mike

I bet Mike Miller could whip on of those up with his stone making set:)

Chinese Imperial Army

picture.php

Silk Road Series / Imperial Collection / Glossy K&C Boxers

picture.php

Hi Lawrence,

Your collection is pretty awesome.

Thanks for sharing, Raymond.:)

Hi Lawrence

Great pictures

Your Glossy K&C Boxers are superb, sometimes I wish I had collected Boxers ;)

Cheers

Martyn:)

Thanks everyone for the kind words and thanks to Julian for starting this thread with his wonderful photos. I look forward to seeing more of everyone's collection. Naturally, I will do my part in helping spread the word about this wonderful range :).

picture.php

Fantastic collections and photos from everyone. Much appreciated.

Question for Mike: how did you make the water scene? It looks fantastic.

Fantastic collections and photos from everyone. Much appreciated.

Question for Mike: how did you make the water scene? It looks fantastic.

Thank you very much Brad, glad you enjoyed it. All of the backdrops I use are photographs of Chinese structures that I downloaded off the internet from basically google searches. With my computer I resize them in an attempt to bring them into scale with my figures and scenics. The "water" base I use is a photo I took of the "water portion" that was in a downloaded photograph of a Chinese tea house. After I resized and cropped my water subject to createt the water effect I wanted, I then reprinted it onto semi-gloss photo paper. I just simply butt my "water photo base(s)" up against the K&C piers or another photo backdrop and then add the other elements on top of it such as the sampans, and the steam launch.
:) Mike

My wife actually collects the matt SOHK range amongst other Oriental items.

To start with a special set of “Gift Givers” made for the K&C UK Collectors Club members some years ago.

Jeff

Another one, this time a Mandarin with a special paint job.

Jeff

Attachments

• sp01.JPG
    sp01.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 200
Lawrence,

You have a wonderful collection. That Silk Road Gateway is an absolutely spectacular piece. I wasn't yet collecting when it was available.

George

Thanks everyone for the kind words and thanks to Julian for starting this thread with his wonderful photos. I look forward to seeing more of everyone's collection. Naturally, I will do my part in helping spread the word about this wonderful range :).

picture.php

MAY I COPY THAT photo for my club?

A few more angles and close ups

Attachments

• K&C_detail5.jpg
    K&C_detail5.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 251
  • K&C_detail4.jpg
    K&C_detail4.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 248
  • K&C_detail3.jpg
    K&C_detail3.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 253
  • K&C_detail2.jpg
    K&C_detail2.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 220
  • K&C_detail1.jpg
    K&C_detail1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 246
Indeed he did, think this was just before he found himself in a rather compromising situation with a couple of nubile young masseuses in one of the many houses of ill repute situated near the wharf.

Ah, reminds me of my first port visit to !#%^land in the early 1980s. Exotic, erotic, and unforgettable:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back