K&C SOHK / Imperial collection / China Marines corner (1 Viewer)

picture.php

Papier Mache Courtyard by K&C with glossy K&C Wedding Party - first version. Also some other SOHK oldies.

Hi Lawrence,

You possess a beautiful collection! Thank you for sharing it with us. It is stunning!

Warmest personal regards,

Pat :)

Some of my favourite non military items are the wedding processions was impressed with the first one which, was a gift but, bought the second one for myself and it was astonishing detail.

Great pics
Mitch

picture.php

Papier Mache Courtyard by K&C with glossy K&C Wedding Party - first version. Also some other SOHK oldies.

Very, very nice Lawrence, I missed out on collecting K&C glossies, too engrossed in collecting another manufacturer;)

Cheers

Martyn:)

Hi Lawrence,

You possess a beautiful collection! Thank you for sharing it with us. It is stunning!

Warmest personal regards,

Pat :)

Thanks Pat for the kind words. Looking forward to seeing photos of your collection. All the best, Lawrence

It’s been a while since this thread was active so here are a couple of new sets that I bought for my wife’s collection.

Sedan Chair (Special paint job) and the three sets that make up the Wine Shop.

Jeff

Attachments

• HKa.jpg
    HKa.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 216
  • HKb.jpg
    HKb.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 218
Looks fantastic Jeff! Really nice.

I'm inspired, think I'll have to go and 'play' with my SOHK when I'm finished doing my work for the day.

jules

Just got my first set, sedan chair sp from treefrog
Awsome set, very nice range for what i see
Lawrence u are very fortunate to have the first version
of the wedding procession Gongrat.
Mitch u have the new matte version of the wedding procession
how do u like it? I'm thinking about getting one.
This would be my first non combat non firing range for a change.
What do u guys think of that range, i ear it is very popular in Asia.
Was looking for a few pieces for a freind HK109 the fruit seller and
HK108 grandmother and child, nowhere to be found.
That's how i got started
Maple Leaf

Just a couple more from my French Indochina set up

Attachments

• Indochine-portrait1.jpg
    Indochine-portrait1.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 163
  • Indochine-portrait2.jpg
    Indochine-portrait2.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 162
Cheers Jeff,

Attachments

• somchai-village--13.jpg
    somchai-village--13.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 188
  • somchai-village1.jpg
    somchai-village1.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 190
Jules,

Good stuff, we need to keep this thread on a roll. I must take some more pics of my wife's collection and post them.

Jeff

Jules,

Good stuff, we need to keep this thread on a roll. I must take some more pics of my wife's collection and post them.

Jeff

Jeff, yes please do so. I'd love to see some more pix from other collections.

I started this year my SOHK collection
Love it , peaceful scene for a change
I will post pictures when i found out how.
Maple Leaf

I have been looking at this series for a while and decided to take the plung and got these sets last week and they have been arriving this week..Not sure how much of the series I will collect. I may just pick up pieces here and there..not going for every release as I have with my other series I collect..MapleLeaf is right, it's nice to have a peaceful scene in one of the curio's. (P.S. Ignore the children's toys in the background:))

Attachments

• hk2.jpg
    hk2.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 194
Very nice start my freind
Like that flower set had to have it myself
Very peaceful and relaxing scenery
I don't collect every releases either
just what i like.
Maple Leaf

Thanks Maple Leaf..not sure what pieces I'm going for next..I picked up 2 brochures on SOHK and saw nice pieces that are now retired that I would like to get my hands on..but no hurry.

I have been looking at this series for a while and decided to take the plung and got these sets last week and they have been arriving this week..Not sure how much of the series I will collect. I may just pick up pieces here and there..not going for every release as I have with my other series I collect..MapleLeaf is right, it's nice to have a peaceful scene in one of the curio's. (P.S. Ignore the children's toys in the background:))

Great start to the series. I'm the same in that I don't want every set, but just the sets that I like and which I feel will fit into the scenes of my imagination. I've got a reasonable collection of SOHK now and unless K&C release something that really excites me in the future, my collection is complete.

I also agree about the attraction of the 'peaceful' aspect of the series. I like military stuff, in fact that is what got me into K&C in the first place, but I don't really go for the action/combat stuff in models too much. But I'd like to include some more military related figures in there, sailors on R&R, local garrison troops marching thru town etc.

Thought that the USN, USMC figures could show promise, but the majority are quite aggressive in posture... which is fine if they had an opposition to confront, rather than just civilians going about their business, so they don't really fit in, imo.

Regardless, SOHK is a nice counterpoint to my other military interests and something that the 'Minister of War, Planning and Finance' also likes. She even helped build the sets for my figures and they don't look odd in my lounge room area where a lot of the other decorations are of Buddhist related artifacts collected during travels through Asia and beyond.

Now these new SOE parade figures.... hmmm that's tempted me to get back into K&C.

jules

I'm the same in that I don't want every set, but just the sets that I like and which I feel will fit into the scenes of my imagination.

Jules,
This is the same way I was looking at the series. I have a way I want it to look and be in my head..I'm going after those sets.

Builtrite a nice set is the bookseller
4 very nice figures
Facing the tea house i put it on the left
of it , the bookshelf right to the tea house,
Chinese like to read and drink tea

Users who are viewing this thread

Back