King and Country Brisbane diorama and dinner night. (1 Viewer)

sapper

Registered Member
I was one of three asked to share the taking of photos at the Brisbane diorama and dinner night coinciding with Andy from KC visiting Australia. The night was a great success with numerous entries in the diorama competition. My Vietnam diorama surprisingly won two first places. Maybe being different with an above ground below ground setting influenced some voters. Please excuse the photos as they were unplanned and rushed and i'm not a great photographer but the other lads will probably deliver a better display. First my own dioramas and then some of the competition dios that I managed to get around to. Greg.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Some competition dioramas.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Greg...
thanks for sharing the photos of the event...
all the dioramas look great...
I can see why your 2 level Vietnam display won awards...
fantastic!

Greg,
I can see how you won a prize with your diorama, thats a great setup showing the tunnels used by VC and the troops look so good amongst your vegetation.

The standard of the whole lot is very impressive, looks like a great night :)

John

Great standard and great pics well done on the win mate, might have to come over next year and show you mob how the the big state does things I know John could do a absolute pearler if he entered.
Seriously well done to all I would of voted on the TIGER setup

Great standard and great pics well done on the win mate, might have to come over next year and show you mob how the the big state does things I know John could do a absolute pearler if he entered.
Seriously well done to all I would of voted on the TIGER setup

And that Tiger diorama (first couple of photos in the thread) was another entry from Greg.

I was one of three asked to share the taking of photos at the Brisbane diorama and dinner night coinciding with Andy from KC visiting Australia. The night was a great success with numerous entries in the diorama competition. My Vietnam diorama surprisingly won two first places. Maybe being different with an above ground below ground setting influenced some voters. Please excuse the photos as they were unplanned and rushed and i'm not a great photographer but the other lads will probably deliver a better display. First my own dioramas and then some of the competition dios that I managed to get around to. Greg.

attachment.php

attachment.php

These two remind me of this page in an Army Pamphlet from the 1970's THE EMEMY which described the Asian Communist Forces of that time ....

VCtunnelsmall.jpg

You have represented that nicely in your diorama,

Well Done,
John

I had no real inspiration on what a tunnel complex might look like only images formed in my mind from films and documentarys. If you say it looks okay that's good enough for me. I was talking to some Vietnam vets and they seemed to like the diorama and I asked about the landscape and they said it varied from rubber trees to jungle to open areas. Greg.
One better photo.
attachment.php

Thanks for the pic's Greg, the dio's look great but your Vietnam jungle and viet cong tunnels dio looks absolutely awesome! {bravo}}

Well done mate and well done to everyone else that participated in the dio competition event.

Tom

Expect nothing less from you Greg you have had a lot of practice in doing dio's. There were some worthy contenders nevertheless. Robin.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hi Greg,
Congratulations and Thankyou forposting the Brisbane Event photos...

It was a great day and evening and the duos and displays were simply stunning!

Last year the standard was great but all of you guys really excelled in all categories this year...You made the judging soooo difficult. Every entrant truly deserved an award.

Congratulations also to Brett and Gerelou of The Military Workshop for their support, organisation and assistance in making the whole event and entire weekend so enjoyable for myself and the entire Brisbane Collecting Community...More power to you and a very big Thankyou!

All the best and happy collecting,
Andy.

Great dioramas especially like your Vietnam tunnels Greg. :salute::

Well done and keep up the good work {bravo}}

Steve

Thanks for taking the time to post and give feedback about the evening Greg!

Great seeing all the dios you've posted thus far too.^&grin

Firstly congratulations to Greg / Sapper who won 1st with his Vietnam tunnel in both Andy's Choice and Peoples Choice. His Real West also got a "Mentioned in Despatches" by Andy.

His votes in the Peoples Choice category were more than double the 2nd place entry.

Sapper, who won two categories, had two "levels" in each of his 4 dios which can be seen by his pics below.His Vietnam tunnel and Cavalry and Apaches both had a below ground element. His others were the D Day scene with Germans in town with the US figures walking along the lower level river bank and the DDay British bridge scene with the canoes.

Well done Greg.:salute::

Thanks to you Brett and Gerelou for organising the event. It seems to flow pleasantly for everyone and a good night is had. Thanks to Andy once again for an enjoyable couple of days. Beside making toy soldiers, his knowledge and story telling is very interesting as well. Regards Greg.

Great stuff , my favourite is the Vietnam tunnel rats scene too - brilliant work !
Any general news on new releases and what we can look forward to over the coming months ? Lines underway etc ?
Cheers

Great stuff , my favourite is the Vietnam tunnel rats scene too - brilliant work !
Any general news on new releases and what we can look forward to over the coming months ? Lines underway etc ?
Cheers

Vietnam series has 2 sets of 4 Long Tan action figures to come. Image of first set is in thread started by Waynepoo. Also an Aussie / NZ artillery crew with 105 artillery piece. 105 will be seperate and there will be a USMC crew also.

Other possibles were discussed but don't recall any specific new series being mentioned. I can say a popular subject which has sold out will get a revamp in different poses and some very popular figures from long ago may be reborn. One collectors idea regarding Ancient Egypt seems to have found favour and seems likely to get done.

The most unusual suggestion that I heard put to Andy was the Bush war which was a reference to South Africa and Rhodesia in Angola against the Cubans and Russian advisers etc. Not sure it will make it onto Andy's list !

What an awesome night, loads of amazing dioramas.Thanks very much to Brett for the event.And great to meet Andy.look forward to seeing you all next year
Regards,Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back