KING & COUNTRY DISPATCHES -- April 2024 (1 Viewer)

Or you could go the other way and pop over to the John Jenkins thread and ask him where his WW2 Arnhem, Afrika Korps and 8th Army, Russians, US Rangers, Waffen SS, Ceremonials and Streets of Hong Kong Series etc etc are.
(Note to John : Not having a go at you !).

Now that wouldn't make any sense because John never made any of those series in the first place. - Not to worry, there are plenty of JJD collectors asking that question about some of the ranges he has introduced and hasn't visited for a while.

In an open marketplace, a manufacturing company has a right to make what they want and potential customers will speak with their pocketbooks and buy what they wish. Customers providing input is great, but some seem to be going a little too far in telling K&C how to run it's business. If a toy soldier company wants to offer war elephants and another chooses not to, that's fine with me. Either company has a right to do what they wish and choose what is best for their company.

Goodness me. This is supposed to be a hobby to be enjoyed. Just be grateful we have some really good manufacturers who produce so many fantastic models and figures on a regular basis. The variety is wonderful and while Andy has had a mini hiatus on D Day and Market Garden there is so much else to enjoy. I have just got into the Roman civilian range. Just exquisite.

I have read the frustration on the Team Minuatures thread on how long it's taken to get the next batch of Winged Hussars out. We seem to becoming a very impatient bunch.

Enjoy what you already have on your shelves or in your cabinets and be thankful you can afford to indulge in a new purchase once in a while. Many could not contemplate spending money on such an expensive hobby. We are the lucky few.

Be grateful and patient my virtual friends.

Gary

Totally agree. I collect mainly WW2 from K & C, but i have a few of the Egyptian series, the 'Discovering the Tomb' sets and they are excellent, totally different to my other collections, they are great.

Who says I HAVE to make a War Chariot or a War Elephant?
Perhaps I may even have other options and certainly other choices…
By the by, what exactly is an Ancient Roman trolley..?
Best wishes,
Andy.

first of all, thank you for your response which brings me some clarification on your position regarding the two themes (elephants and war chariots) that I submitted to you...
These are two themes that fascinate me, which is why I hoped to see K&C enter this new path...
When I look at the Pharaon cart that K&C made 20 years ago, I tell myself that you would have no trouble imposing your achievements in this area and impressing us once again...
I have been collecting K&C for over 20 years, mainly the German army and even if my latest acquisitions (the Kursk and Ardennes Tiger metal version) delighted me to the highest degree, German WW2 releases are still rare in this area for two years...
I have already taken an option on the desert tiger and I hope that you will make us some nice Afrika korps tank riders to show it off!
There are still many pieces that have never been made or are barely made...
I'm sure you have some nice surprises this year...
SINCERELY
Francis

Last edited:
In an open marketplace, a manufacturing company has a right to make what they want and potential customers will speak with their pocketbooks and buy what they wish. Customers providing input is great, but some seem to be going a little too far in telling K&C how to run it's business. If a toy soldier company wants to offer war elephants and another chooses not to, that's fine with me. Either company has a right to do what they wish and choose what is best for their company.

NO... I don't explain anything and I don't give any management lessons to anyone...
I had a question essential for me to ask on two themes that fascinate me...and I expressed my feelings
K&C answered me and I thank them...
too bad my com fell into caricature...

Last edited:
Now that wouldn't make any sense because John never made any of those series in the first place. - Not to worry, there are plenty of JJD collectors asking that question about some of the ranges he has introduced and hasn't visited for a while.

Its called sarcasm mate, Brett's taking the piss, which is much needed in this thread. ^&grin

Seriously how many D'day, BOB and Arnhem figures do you guys need??

Last edited:
Its called sarcasm mate, Brett's taking the piss, which is much needed in this thread. ^&grin

Seriously how many D'day, BOB and Arnhem figures do you guys need??

Indeed he was taking the piss, bless his cotton socks ^&grin
Toddy and myself have had the pleasure of Andy's company, insights and ideas on a few occasions here in OZ. He asks what you want as themes and ideas on figures, He listens then gives feedback on what's possible or not and why. He also says 'never say never' maybe in the future.
If alone he was to produce just my wish only he would go nuts! IMO King and Country over the years has been a catalyst that has prompted the other Makers to produce quality figures and etc. in competition. So a win for collectors.

Last edited:
I look forward to every K&C release.
I don't think Francis or Brad were trying to cause trouble. They were just commenting on releases from a beloved manufacturer.

For myself & Dad, we like the non-WW2 releases because we have so much K&C WW2. Other (newer?) collectors may feel otherwise.
Anyway, we feel that Andy knows what he's doing. He hasn't led us astray for decades!

Best Collecting Wishes & Thanks to K&C for what you have done for the Hobby,
Pat Jr For Pat Sr & me

I don't think Francis or Brad were trying to cause trouble. They were just commenting on releases from a beloved manufacturer.

For myself & Dad, we like the non-WW2 releases because we have so much K&C WW2. Other (newer?) collectors may feel otherwise.
Anyway, we feel that Andy knows what he's doing. He hasn't led us astray for decades!

Pat Jr For Pat Sr & me

I just went through the last 18 months of dispatches and besides no Arnhem or MG releases, there weren’t any DD releases. They, besides the WS series, were a constant feature. Instead we seem to get ceremonials and whatnot constantly. I love the old ceremonials and have many of them but no DD? Do people not want them anymore? The only company that seems to be constantly making anything is WB.

Hmm, well I'm not a 'DD' expert but I don't think D-Day releases have ever been a 'constant' King & Country feature and I can't recall noting that Brad has ever been a keen collector of the DD series. However I have noted that Brad has recently become overly critical of King & Country while praising W Britains releases. Consequently for Brad to say that; "The only company that seems to be constantly making anything is WB" was clearly meant to cause offense as it's untrue to the point of being 'risible' as WB has been anything but 'consistent' over recent years. If that has changed, well that's great and I do like their new D-Day American stuff, not something I collect but I'm not going to make petulant comments about something I don't collect or because something 'wasn't' released this month that I do collect.

Sooo gentle forum members, Brad's comments did seem to me like they were meant to cause at least some 'trouble'.

Pat Jr For Pat Sr & me

As for 'Francis from France', I believe his comments were merely an innocent enquiry from someone keen to see K & C add some sets to an era he's interested in and perhaps complement JJD releases. Not something K & C usually do and indeed I find that my JJD and K & C rarely go well together being different styles and sizes, their Gallipoli sets being a rare exception imo.

HKY016 ‘Typical Hong Kong Trolleys’ (Set of 2)
These small hand-pushed metal trolleys came into being after WW2 and are still a common sight throughout this ultra-modern city. Due to their compact size and durability they are perfect for navigating and transporting small to medium sized loads of anything and everything through the congested streets and narrow passageways of this amazing city.

View attachment 304426

HKY017 ‘The Vegetable Coolie and Cart’
These little carts transported a huge variety of produce especially from all kinds of wholesale street markets to every kind of food store and restaurant all over Hong Kong Island… Kowloon… and The New Territories.

View attachment 304427

HKY019 ‘The Delivery Coolie and Cart’
Another hard-working labourer pushes his little cart along the street transporting more packages and boxes of every product to all kinds of destinations throughout this once-British controlled territory.

View attachment 304428

HKY020 ‘The Waiting Coolie and His Cart’
In the old days these casual labourers would congregate in certain areas awaiting their next task, cart by their side.

View attachment 304429

AVAILABLE: Mid-April

Andy,

Are you planning to make buildings typical of the 1960s to go with this range?

Thanks.

Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back