KING & COUNTRY DISPATCHES -- December 2023 (1 Viewer)

Nice looking Afrika Corps. I don5 collect them but i love the look of the uniform and the variety of the uniforms worn

Nice looking Afrika Corps. I don5 collect them but i love the look of the uniform and the variety of the uniforms worn

Jason mate, you need to dip your toe and grab a couple of AKs to create a wee display, you won't be disappointed.

First image on 3rd thread . I am assuming it is a previous incarnation . It looks too clean in the sandstone . I was looking to use it with Robin Hood range .

Well Rekp many ancient buildings have been sand-blasted in recent years… and the Edinburgh Castle Gateway is no exception.
Best wishes,
Andy.

K N C have a great Christmas bonus figure offer when you spend $350. I am in and going to get a free ACW Union Figure. Its very generous.

Hopefully we'll get some more Desert Aussies to fight the new Afrika Korps.

Hopefully we'll get some more Desert Aussies to fight the new Afrika Korps.

One of the many great things about the Allied effort in North Africa is that there is a wealth of great British and Empire Forces to choose from… Kiwis from New Zealand…Gurkhas from Nepal…Indians and Punjabis from British India… Springboks from South Africa…Diggers from Australia…and, of course, a wide selection of Jocks, Taffies, Micks, Scousers, Geordies, Brummies, Cockneys and a whole lot more from all over the British Isles and beyond!

So, it’s fair to say I and K&C are spoilt for choice…Let’s see what turns up!
All the best from somewhere near Sturtgard,
Andy.

Wasn't first (Grey stone) version was one Andy modeled at home some time ago for himself, this later sandstone version for collectors.

Correct Steve, and of course the actual gateway is made of Sandstone, makes sense for Andy to now produce it in the original/washed Sandstone look rather than the dirty Grey.

One of the many great things about the Allied effort in North Africa is that there is a wealth of great British and Empire Forces to choose from… Kiwis from New Zealand…Gurkhas from Nepal…Indians and Punjabis from British India… Springboks from South Africa…Diggers from Australia…and, of course, a wide selection of Jocks, Taffies, Micks, Scousers, Geordies, Brummies, Cockneys and a whole lot more from all over the British Isles and beyond!

So, it’s fair to say I and K&C are spoilt for choice…Let’s see what turns up!
All the best from somewhere near Sturtgard,
Andy.

O...K...that's a lot of Diversity, have you gone 'Woke Disney' Andy {sm3} I guess I'll have to repaint them if they look too 'Dark', the boots I mean ^&grin

O...K...that's a lot of Diversity, have you gone 'Woke Disney' Andy {sm3} I guess I'll have to repaint them if they look too 'Dark', the boots I mean ^&grin

Have I gone ‘Woke Disney’ Oz..?

No effing way! If you knew me my thoughts and attitudes are somewhere to the right of ‘Attila The Hun’ and I despise modern ‘Wokery’ in all its many forms.

However, myself and K&C have always appreciated the amazing diversity of nationalities that were all part of the 8th. Army and when possible tried to replicate at least some of them in our ‘Desert Rats’.

On that cheerful note…Adios and best Festive wishes for now!
Andy.

Have I gone ‘Woke Disney’ Oz..?

No effing way! If you knew me my thoughts and attitudes are somewhere to the right of ‘Attila The Hun’ and I despise modern ‘Wokery’ in all its many forms.

However, myself and K&C have always appreciated the amazing diversity of nationalities that were all part of the 8th. Army and when possible tried to replicate at least some of them in our ‘Desert Rats’.

On that cheerful note…Adios and best Festive wishes for now!
Andy.

Known you for some time Andy, hence the woke joke {sm4}

Users who are viewing this thread

Back