King & Country Dispatches -- February 2014 (1 Viewer)

I told you the Medical set was a diorama builders dream.....Don't have in my mind what I will do with it yet.

Another LAH release without Albert Speer? Is he protected in some Patton-esque way?

Another LAH release without Albert Speer? Is he protected in some Patton-esque way?

Agree!!!!!!!!!!! Why Speer never been made yet????? Surely the most important, intriguing, intellectual of the nazi chiefs..."Mephistopheles and Faust" story become real...

Although I don't collect the LOJ line, that boat is quite intriguing.

Great dispatches andy, just a lot of beautiful offerings. Love the ambulance

WOW!!!...WOW!!!...WOW!!!. I have been wishing, hoping, asking, KC for a long time now for an Opel Blitz Ambulance, well now it has finaly arrived, and boy all i can say is that it is well worth the wait and far beyond my expectations, well done on this one KC..cudo"s. Now a true collector is of course never satisfied so Andy if you get to read this what i would really love to see now would be a Wermacht 3 man stretcher team..(something like the US bulge team from a couple of years back) carrying a wounded comrade into the field hospital, now that would be really cool!!.
PS...Germans were officialy not allowed to carry weapons into a medical establishment, so if you ever get to make this set then no weapons!!.

Steve

WOW!!!...WOW!!!...WOW!!!. I have been wishing, hoping, asking, KC for a long time now for an Opel Blitz Ambulance, well now it has finaly arrived, and boy all i can say is that it is well worth the wait and far beyond my expectations, well done on this one KC..cudo"s. Now a true collector is of course never satisfied so Andy if you get to read this what i would really love to see now would be a Wermacht 3 man stretcher team..(something like the US bulge team from a couple of years back) carrying a wounded comrade into the field hospital, now that would be really cool!!.
PS...Germans were officialy not allowed to carry weapons into a medical establishment, so if you ever get to make this set then no weapons!!.

Steve

A 2 man stretcher team is featured with the new hospital set, guessing it will be released next month, Robin.

One question: The dispatches say that the Allgemeine SS uniforms were designed by Hugo Boss. My understanding is this is a mis-understanding. While Hugo Boss did produce various uniforms, including SS uniforms, it was just one of many manufacturers. It had no special relationship or involvement. Do I have this wrong?

I believe around 1934ish he became a licensed supplier of uniforms to the SS, Sturmabteilung, Hitler Youth etc. Some accounts go so far as to say that he was the exclusive supplier and designer of the uniforms for all party organizations. However, in the late 90’s Hugo Boss was sued, while they accepted responsibility for their use of slave and forced labor, it appears in an attempt to minimize its exposure they claimed that they were one of many companies that supplied and designed the uniforms. In other words, they were the sole designer and supplier until they got sued.

Its taken 5 years but this bloke will finally see a doctor.......................^&grin

WS097.jpg

Lucky it was only a flesh wound.

The hospital set is awesome! Wondered why I hadn't seen much in the way of a German Ambulance from any manufacturer....this one is great! I wonder if we will see similar sets for other armies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back