KING & COUNTRY Dispatches -- January 2018 (3 Viewers)

Thanks Andy, looking forward to more in the future...maybe a vehicle or armor.

Carlos

It might be nice releasing landing crafts (Higgins boats or others) used in Anzio, Normandy and of course, the Pacific. Maximize R&D ROI and collector enjoyment. Well, my enjoyment.

Carlos

Last edited:
Love the marines! Think I'll get some and convert them to ETO 29th Infantry Division or Big Red 1 or Engineers Special Brigade. The wounded is a must have ad all he needs is a repainted helmet and shirt.

I like a few of the standing marines too so will have to weigh up and see which ones would be the easiest to convert!

Scott

The stug looks nice. Would have been nice if it had the side armour.

Hi JP,
Happy to hear you like our latest Sturmgeschutz....Over the years K&C have produced a fair number of 'Stugs'... most of them with side armour...So, it's nice to do one without the side panels...After all not every Assault Gun had them.
Best wishes,
Andy.

Hi JP,
Happy to hear you like our latest Sturmgeschutz....Over the years K&C have produced a fair number of 'Stugs'... most of them with side armour...So, it's nice to do one without the side panels...After all not every Assault Gun had them.
Best wishes,
Andy.

Great model of the Stug! I like it without the armor panels and camouflaged, so well done! Great to see K&C return to FJ's, and the Ramcke Brigade is a great formation to model. FJ's in the Afrika Korps...looking forward to the desert AS-42 coming out too!

WoW, Great month for WWII Collector's ! Is it me or.....Is the detail and painting on
the figures getter better and better ?

Wayne

I always admired the SoHK bird facade and figures, perhaps this new release will get me collecting a new series ?!?!

E. ON THE BEACH...
Three additional U.S. Marines battle their way across a Pacific beach in one of K&C’s newest and most popular ‘action’ series...

View attachment 225085

USMC027 “Crouching Marine”
Keeping his head down this ‘Leatherneck’ makes his way forward under heavy and sustained enemy fire!

USMC030 “Running w/BAR Marine”
Clutching his heavy but reliable B.A.R. (Browning Automatic Rifle) another Marine moves rapidly forward.

USMC032 “Wounded Marine”
Not every Marine makes it safely into cover successfully...! This guy has taken a shot in the leg but he still holds onto his M1 Garand...

AVAILABLE: Mid-Late January

Animated poses are always a welcome addition but..hell's bells...Jarheads on the'Canal carried more than these'REMFs!'
I add .45Colts to BAR/MG/shotgun/Officers.Musette bags w/E-tools (at least),bayonet&scabbards(no need for ETO),
K-Bar & ammo bandoleers.Armed .45/carbine Corpsmen (most with machetes).2 aid bags..maybe 3 canteens.
I know ..a lot to ask here for $39.00. 2nd Mar Div at Tarawa mostly in full camo BDUs...No LVT(A-1)s at Tarawa.
And ,yup,I've converted hundreds of metal & quality plastic fellas into Jap pacifiers.
Andy,after Guadalcanal,the Japs no longer need backpacks.

Animated poses are always a welcome addition but..hell's bells...Jarheads on the'Canal carried more than these'REMFs!'
I add .45Colts to BAR/MG/shotgun/Officers.Musette bags w/E-tools (at least),bayonet&scabbards(no need for ETO),
K-Bar & ammo bandoleers.Armed .45/carbine Corpsmen (most with machetes).2 aid bags..maybe 3 canteens.
I know ..a lot to ask here for $39.00. 2nd Mar Div at Tarawa mostly in full camo BDUs...No LVT(A-1)s at Tarawa.
And ,yup,I've converted hundreds of metal & quality plastic fellas into Jap pacifiers.
Andy,after Guadalcanal,the Japs no longer need backpacks.

While it's true that there are plenty of photos showing Marines carrying additional gear and eequipment there are just as many showing the guys carrying the bare minimum...

Every toy soldier maker makes a decision on how they will interpret their figures and what they will do and what they will carry.

Lots of extra gear, full camouflage BDU's, this, that and the next thing and hey presto...The outstanding $39 figure is no longer...only $39!!!

As for the Japanese with backpacks...Well most of those are actually 'refugees' from Our earlier 2005 'Iwo Jima' release...The others are more recent from 2016 the attacks on Malaya, Singapore and Hong Kong...The good news is that upcoming 'Sons of Nippon' will be in 'loose fighting order' i.e. NO backpacks.

And finally, I fully accept no LVT(A)-1's at Tarawa... but what the heck these Marines can be used in a multitude of battle situations throughout the Pacific War and you can use that vehicle in other scenarios or...not at all!

Semper Fi,
Andy.

Last edited by a moderator:
That complete Riefenstahl set is for sure landing on my LAH parade dio. This kind of creativity and innovation is what makes K&C so unique! The Stug III (beautiful) will also be landing on my Arnhem display. What a fantastic and diverse range of figures, AFV’s and dio items you’ve been presenting us lately (for a long time, actually...) Andy! Congratulations and thank you!

That complete Riefenstahl set is for sure landing on my LAH parade dio. This kind of creativity and innovation is what makes K&C so unique! The Stug III (beautiful) will also be landing on my Arnhem display. What a fantastic and diverse range of figures, AFV’s and dio items you’ve been presenting us lately (for a long time, actually...) Andy! Congratulations and thank you!

Hi there, Mr. S,
Many thanks for your kind and appreciative words on our new releases...
It's occasionally forgotten how much work goes into our very regular and timely release schedule...month after month, year after year.

Are we perfect, of course not...but in general, we provide the broadest range of releases across the widest span of historical eras of any toy soldier/ military miniature company on the most regular schedule...

Thankyou once more, sir...your support means a lot to all of us at K&C!
All the best and happy collecting,
Andy.

Except for bits n pieces, I'm not a WWII collector, but these Marines are growing on me, and will pick 1 up. I'll also add Ivanhoe to the few knights I have, he's a very colorful figure and one of my favorite movies as a youngster.

Joe

While it's true that there are plenty of photos showing Marines carrying additional gear and eequipment there are just as many showing the guys carrying the bare minimum...

Every toy soldier maker makes a decision on how they will interpret their figures and what they will do and what they will carry.

Lots of extra gear, full camouflage BDU's, this, that and the next thing and hey presto...The outstanding $39 figure is no longer...only $39!!!

As for the Japanese with backpacks...Well most of those are actually 'refugees' from Our earlier 2005 'Iwo Jima' release...The others are more recent from 2016 the attacks on Malaya, Singapore and Hong Kong...The good news is that upcoming 'Sons of Nippon' will be in 'loose fighting order' i.e. NO backpacks.

And finally, I fully accept no LVT(A)-1's at Tarawa... but what the heck these Marines can be used in a multitude of battle situations throughout the Pacific War and you can use that vehicle in other scenarios or...not at all!

Semper Fi,
Andy.

I mixed them as I see them, and yes, the diorama battle scenes aren't 100% accurate but I have a lot of fun making and viewing them. After all, I'm the one looking at them 99% of the time. I mean, the first thing that goes is perspective and dimensions. I have too many vehicles, armor and figures and displaying all of them on a small table or shelve doesn't lend themselves to much realism but it's sure fun isn't it?

Carlos

I never knew a lot about the USMC in the Pacific but since I've been collecting K&C's figures, I've learned a lot about the different operations, guns, equipment, and armor used in the Pacific. The new USMC figures also piqued my interest in a few other things Pacific-related. I snagged the below comic today to do some fun reading:

Combat 38 by Western Outlaw, on Flickr

Just as Carlos mentioned, I like to mix my K&C as well. I'm not trying to recreate a specific operation down to the bullet, but rather have fun with different scenes. I like to keep things enjoyable and if it's "loosely based on a battle/operation", I'm good with it.

The new USMC are fantastic. I'm loving the action poses, the facial details, and the reasonable price.

I never knew a lot about the USMC in the Pacific but since I've been collecting K&C's figures, I've learned a lot about the different operations, guns, equipment, and armor used in the Pacific. The new USMC figures also piqued my interest in a few other things Pacific-related. I snagged the below comic today to do some fun reading:

Combat 38 by Western Outlaw, on Flickr

Just as Carlos mentioned, I like to mix my K&C as well. I'm not trying to recreate a specific operation down to the bullet, but rather have fun with different scenes. I like to keep things enjoyable and if it's "loosely based on a battle/operation", I'm good with it.

The new USMC are fantastic. I'm loving the action poses, the facial details, and the reasonable price.

Thankyou Rob for your thoughts and comments, like yourself I do not mind mixing a little bit of 'fiction' with a whole lot of facts if it tells a better story...in my own collection.

It's a bit like some of our favourite war movies which state "Based on a true story" or " Based on actual events". Toy soldiers are meant to be enjoyed and played with...at least in my book...So yes, we do bend some rules but by no means all...and we don't seriously ever try to break them!

Going back to the movie analogy which is, I believe, quite appropriate...Take 'The Great Escape' for instance...There were no Yanks in Stalag Luft III... No motorcycle pursuit...and no stealing a German aircraft to fly to Switzerland BUT the film makers were making a very entertaining movie based on some actual events that helped tell a great story.

Toy soldiers/military miniatures perform the same function...They are there to provide fun and enjoyment to lots of different people all over the world. That has been K&C's mission from day one, to have fun and share that fun with others.

If we occasionally take some 'historical license' that sits alongside 'artistic license' that all creative people do when they envisage any kind of art or product... If most collectors like what they see...they buy it...If some don't, they won't. I can appreciate both points of view...

However, at the end of the day, I'll probably still go with 'The Great Escape' approach!
Best wishes, Andy.

Thankyou Rob for your thoughts and comments, like yourself I do not mind mixing a little bit of 'fiction' with a whole lot of facts if it tells a better story...in my own collection.

It's a bit like some of our favourite war movies which state "Based on a true story" or " Based on actual events". Toy soldiers are meant to be enjoyed and played with...at least in my book...So yes, we do bend some rules but by no means all...and we don't seriously ever try to break them!

Going back to the movie analogy which is, I believe, quite appropriate...Take 'The Great Escape' for instance...There were no Yanks in Stalag Luft III... No motorcycle pursuit...and no stealing a German aircraft to fly to Switzerland BUT the film makers were making a very entertaining movie based on some actual events that helped tell a great story.

Toy soldiers/military miniatures perform the same function...They are there to provide fun and enjoyment to lots of different people all over the world. That has been K&C's mission from day one, to have fun and share that fun with others.

If we occasionally take some 'historical license' that sits alongside 'artistic license' that all creative people do when they envisage any kind of art or product... If most collectors like what they see...they buy it...If some don't, they won't. I can appreciate both points of view...

However, at the end of the day, I'll probably still go with 'The Great Escape' approach!
Best wishes, Andy.

...........'artistic license' is what the hobby is all about and having fun!

Cheers Andy and all the team at K&C.:salute::

Perfect start of 2018!

The Riefenstahl set is a "must have" for my LAH parade!

Thanks Andy :salute::

Semper Fi,
Andy.

Andy,I WILL continue to buy these rascals from you....still need Marines w/a 37mm A-T gun,Hospital Corpsman(not shot to pieces...yet)
armed,bagged gettin'ready to run or in full flight toward his WIA charges.Jarhead throwing satchel charge.Japs attacking with'idiot sticks'
(no doubt..Korean 'Vols'.)Follow through grenade toss(always the same poses here..rearing back...bah!).Jap ramming grenade on his helmet
to arm same..Spider hole Jap...Navy SeaBee on his bulldozer(armed and ready..saw lots of combat at Peleliu ..Marines didn't 'mop-up too well)
Ah..there's more but ........hey...look at the time!

Long time collector,
Randy

Andy,I WILL continue to buy these rascals from you....still need Marines w/a 37mm A-T gun,Hospital Corpsman(not shot to pieces...yet)
armed,bagged gettin'ready to run or in full flight toward his WIA charges.Jarhead throwing satchel charge.Japs attacking with'idiot sticks'
(no doubt..Korean 'Vols'.)Follow through grenade toss(always the same poses here..rearing back...bah!).Jap ramming grenade on his helmet
to arm same..Spider hole Jap...Navy SeaBee on his bulldozer(armed and ready..saw lots of combat at Peleliu ..Marines didn't 'mop-up too well)
Ah..there's more but ........hey...look at the time!

Long time collector,
Randy

Hi Randy,
I truly appreciate your support and enthusiasm for our/your Marines and I am going to incorporate some of your ideas and suggestions in future releases...

Now here's a big question for yourself and other 'Leatherneck' collectors...Would you be willing to pay a bit more if K&C released a 'Special Edition' of some, not all, of our Marines in Camouflage BDU's..???

Let's have your thoughts...
All the best,
Andy.

Hi Randy,
I truly appreciate your support and enthusiasm for our/your Marines and I am going to incorporate some of your ideas and suggestions in future releases...

Now here's a big question for yourself and other 'Leatherneck' collectors...Would you be willing to pay a bit more if K&C released a 'Special Edition' of some, not all, of our Marines in Camouflage BDU's..???

Let's have your thoughts...
All the best,
Andy.

Like a 'P' range for The USMC series.

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back