KING & COUNTRY Dispatches -- June 2014 (1 Viewer)

Seems to me that you have a right to want to know what it's made of before making a decision...yet other people have a right to like it without that information.

So what have I done wrong then Peter please tell !?

Did anyone notice the unreleased cavalry figures included in the large last stand dio?

Initially very excited to see a "Mons" release - but on a closer look - most of the poses are duplicates of the previously released KOSB set ( and the Officer a close ringer for the previously released Officer in steel helmet. )

The obvious difference is the head ware - and for the Mons period a bit iffy........... more like 1915 onwards....the soft look with the stiffeners taken out. The Mons 1914 period were much stiffer (flatter) looking.

I have the KOSB set and think they are the best 1914 period British troops ever manufactured. These new ones.................a big disappointment for me personally.

I learn by KC that the AK uniforms were always made of green jackets and kaki pants ( short or long), and that the pants were always put in the shoes. I also learn that the wehrmacht uniform was made of green jackets and grey pants....I never noticed all this in the ww2 photos and colour ww2 documentaries...{eek3}

This is probably the best figure that I've seen of Rommel in 1/30:

AK103_TF.jpg

By that, I mean that it actually sort of looks like James Mason.:wink2:

-Moe

Did anyone notice the unreleased cavalry figures included in the large last stand dio?

I see at least 2 unreleased cavalry figures, one mounted firing a revolver, and an officer on foot in buckskins (Tom Custer?).
Also 2 unreleased mounted Indians, one falling back wounded, and another warrior carrying a crooked society lance. - Good stuff. :)

Those commandos are sweet! They are moving to the top of my list. The medic is great as well.

Very nice dispatches this month, but isn't the 70th anniversaire of D-Day? I'm missing some Americans! :)

I think that Andy covered D-Day With the releases in May, which included the M3a3 Stuart Tank, plus the 2 sets of tank riders. With the new releases coming in around the middle to late part of the month. It would be to late to have the pieces in our hand by the Anniversary. At least IMHO.

I really like the gun emplacement but for the money there charging would not be happy if it is plastic ?and hope Andy will tell use what material it is !?

I have DD-204 the British 25 pounder, and its great looking piece and made out of resin. So this being made out of polystone and part Resin( If it is made of that) is not a step back IMHO. I just wish that I had the extra funds to continue collecting The British. As for now I am just concentrating on the Americans.

Brilliant dispatches and K&C pull another huge surprise with the coastal gun and figures minus the base well done Andy and co..........................:salute:::salute::
The commando,s are superb as well another must have for WW2 collectors,can see some nice dio,s in the near future with these 2 sets involved.

Bottom line has anyone actually handled one.....for 3 figures price tag....Does any one how if the gun, pedestal and shield are made of " high tech plastic " - Poly or what?
Cheers
A_C

BEAUTIFUL DETAIL but the artillery coast it are sailors (kriegsmarine) or wehrmacht artillerymen ( red shoulder strap)

Hi Gildenantes,
Great Catch!
King & Country skipped one of the research steps and missed on the correct pipping colour of the soldier´s, they should be red if Artillery, and even more so if coastal kriegsmarine the color should be yellow ( if I am not mistaken ) and not Army White......The speed to get the set to the Market missed that.....{sm3}{sm3}^&cool
Cheers
A_C

See Andy's thread from this morning regarding material composition.

The AK strikes back...

Thanks to Andy and the team for the four excellent DAK releases which look impressive. Now all we need are those 88 Flak guns and perhaps a DAK gun box....but just being greedy really

Hi Gildenantes,
Great Catch!
King & Country skipped one of the research steps and missed on the correct pipping colour of the soldier´s, they should be red if Artillery, and even more so if coastal kriegsmarine the color should be yellow ( if I am not mistaken ) and not Army White......The speed to get the set to the Market missed that.....{sm3}{sm3}^&cool
Cheers
A_C

This is the best conceivable response to Rudlege's "Hobbyist" comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back