KING & COUNTRY Dispatches -- June 2019 (1 Viewer)

It's great to see that THE MOST famous battle from June in Europe is also commemorated this in this months DISPATCHES ....

THE BATTLE OF WATERLOO

with more redcoats to bring Napoleon to a stop.

Good to so another 'value pack' issued too, it make collection slight more affordable.

John

I really like this set too. It reminds me of the the painting of The Buffs at Albuera.

Brendan

I have the previous wave of D day GIs featuring gas masks so don't mind they are missing here. Have seen them close up in the brochure and they look very good to me.I'll be getting the new landing craft too. That Panther is terrific.

Friend posted this colorized picture on FB. Incredible how young these GIs look, just moments before the D-Day landing. For some this was probably among their last moments of life. Amazing and horrifying.

6A4942D7-95DE-419E-9030-120179CA4F94.jpeg

I have the previous wave of D day GIs featuring gas masks so don't mind they are missing here. Have seen them close up in the brochure and they look very good to me.I'll be getting the new landing craft too. That Panther is terrific.

Nice to hear from you old mate.

Andy - thanks for the Alamo additions - I have 125 or so K&C matte Alamo figures and look forward to adding these. Also my sign on is Boyer, PFC after my grandfather who landed at Omaha Beach Day-D+3 - Thank God! He drove a wrecker. All the best!

Nice releases this month!
Something for everyone! The new Rangers are nice, but hoped for a SPECIAL 75TH Anniversary D.DAY set, perhaps a figure of robert Capa on d'day. Or a person from the movie the longest day. But at the end of the day I look at my Omaha beach diorama and pick out the sets that I can use. and pre-order they at the store.

Thanks Andy and continue this great work!
Make collector happy!😁👍

Harry 🇺🇸🇨🇦🇬🇧 fight in 🇫🇷

Capa would be great. I really like that idea, being a photographer. Can we also get one of the developer who messed up most of his film?

E. Another transcontinental and historical leap from Texas in March 1836 to somewhere in Western Europe in late Autumn 1944.

View attachment 248429

WS351 “Panther Ausf. G.”
This is the 9th Panther K&C has produced and the first one since 2014...
This latest Panther Ausf. G is painted in the colour scheme known as ‘Hinterhalt-Tarnung’ or ‘Ambush’ camouflage specifically designed to help conceal combat vehicles under trees and other kinds of foliage.
This particular colour scheme came about from the actual battlefield experience learned from the Normandy campaign where German vehicles and tanks suffered disastrous losses from Allied fighter bomber attacks.
That necessitated a new, improved camouflage of contrasting spots and colours that simulated the shadows and shards of light passing through and under a canopy of trees and woodland.
Together with the very-recently released TIGER this new PANTHER makes a welcome addition to King & Country’s ‘BIG CAT’ Collection.
The model includes the tank commander figure and is representative of a Panther of the 2nd SS Panzer Regiment of the 2nd SS Panzer Division “Das Reich”.

WS353 “Sky-Watching Panzer Crewman”

A Sitting German ‘tanker’ scans the skies for any sign of Allied fighter-bombers.

WS354 “Relaxing Panzer Crewmen”
Two sitting German ‘ tankers ’ enjoy a rare break from battle... Both figures can ‘perch’ on various German tanks and self-propelled guns including both new Tiger and Panther models.

AVAILABLE: Mid to Late June

Very pleased to see more resting tank crew on offer. These sets are invaluable for creating dio's and these poses are excellent. Well done K&C!

.. I have been looking/ waiting for an ambush camouflaged tank.. Now it's here. Definitely a must buy for me..

Friend posted this colorized picture on FB. Incredible how young these GIs look, just moments before the D-Day landing. For some this was probably among their last moments of life. Amazing and horrifying.

View attachment 248467

That wasn't Dday bud, pretty sure that was North Africa!😉

Note - Lack of gas mask bags and the US flag on arm. Beach forces never had the flag on Dday.

Scott

Good hearing from you Robbo!😎

Hope you are well bud!

Scott

That wasn't Dday bud, pretty sure that was North Africa!😉

Note - Lack of gas mask bags and the US flag on arm. Beach forces never had the flag on Dday.

Scott

Well, hoss, photo was copied over from a friends FB page.

The key point remains. The soldiers were mere kids.

No doubt a similar picture could have been taken on June 6th D-Day.

D-Day Normandy, North Africa or Tarawa. Same boat, different bunch of KIDS.

View attachment 248467
Great photo. The soldiers are extremely young looking. Also, as a matter of interest, there appears to be at least 5 men armed with '03 Springfield while others have Garands. -- Al

Great photo. The soldiers are extremely young looking. Also, as a matter of interest, there appears to be at least 5 men armed with '03 Springfield while others have Garands. -- Al

Yes bud the 03 was still very much in squad use in North Africa.

Scott

Well, hoss, photo was copied over from a friends FB page.

The key point remains. The soldiers were mere kids.

No doubt a similar picture could have been taken on June 6th D-Day.

D-Day Normandy, North Africa or Tarawa. Same boat, different bunch of KIDS.

Different boat it's an LCA but yes KIDS.

Scott

Good Morning Carlos,
Like you I am really excited about the new LCVPs that K&C just released.

To answer your question, the two numbered LCVPs were the landing craft that were attached to US Navy Attack Transports.
K&C shows to LCVP with numbers PA26-21 and PA06-44.

That means that the PA26-21 was assigned to the Navy ship Attack Transport APA26 named the "Samuel Chase" (named after a signed of the Deceleration of Independence). She was present at all the major assault landing in Europe and then was present in 1945 for the landings for the Battle of Okinawa.

<><><>

The Attack Transport APA-06, named the Heywood was "solely" used in the Pacific (as far as I can tell ..:confused:). The Heywood was present at the Solomon Island campaigns, Guadalcanal, Tulagi, the Aleutian Campaigns, on Tarawa; in the Gilbert Islands and more.

So, that is a bit confusing why K&C chose the APA-06 Attack Transport since it was not use in the invasion of Normandy. ^&confuse ^&confuse
See this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Heywood_(APA-6)

Did I mess up some where :redface2: or did Andy make one that one for the Pacific Theater?

I will be getting one to two of these beauties.

NOTE: There is a good movie (from a while ago) called "AWAY ALL BOATS" staring Jeff Chandler that centers around an APA during the war.
Ironic in the the APA was USS 'Belinda', Attack Transport PA22
Good Flick!!

--- LaRRy

WOW Larry outstanding research and very happy about the results!!!!

Would have responded earlier but lost power do to sudden high winds, rain and hail San Antonio, TX had yesterday. Power restored about 16 hours later.

Again, very happy about the results and thanks!

Carlos

It sounds like you’re trying to bully me with your in depth knowledge, like some sort of uber World War II Nerd.

Whatevs.

Do you even lift, bro? 😂😂

Yes, that's exactly it, you saw through my information to see exactly where I was coming from...

Learn the facts bro and don't hate when you are corrected😉

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back