KING & COUNTRY DISPATCHES -- October 2023 (3 Viewers)

Yes this sounds like a great idea, certainly can visualise some more of the characters from this iconic film being made. Fingers crossed Andy likes the idea as well. Robin.

Indeed.

How about it Andy?

Yes this sounds like a great idea, certainly can visualise some more of the characters from this iconic film being made. Fingers crossed Andy likes the idea as well. Robin.

Oh yes, a Peter Lorre, Ingrid Bergman Humphrey Bogart, the black guy playing the piano who's name escapes me other than character name of Sam and of course Claude Rains !

Lovely dispatches, I believe all the ranges over the many years offered by K&C, the BBG WWII range are my most favorite without a doubt!!! So many nice pieces have been created over these many years, well done again K&C.

Oh yes, a Peter Lorre, Ingrid Bergman Humphrey Bogart, the black guy playing the piano who's name escapes me other than character name of Sam and of course Claude Rains !
Dooley Wilson played Sam. Casablanca is my favorite movie, and I am in on Senior Ferrari (the owner of the Blue Parrot) and any other characters Andy chooses to produce!

Dooley Wilson played Sam. Casablanca is my favorite movie, and I am in on Senior Ferrari (the owner of the Blue Parrot) and any other characters Andy chooses to produce!

Cheers Louis :salute::

Yes another Ferrari , but perhaps in a Panama hat.
Also there was that stunner Yvonne in Casablanca, I can see I need to look up the actors and actresses names !

Casablanca figs. Also, my fav, the Wolfman.
Play it again, Sam. And look out for Talbot!
Paddy

B. ELSEWHERE IN NORTH AFRIKA…

View attachment 299758
Talking of that part of the world… Let’s go forward a few years to a very different kind of foreign visitor to North Africa… Erwin Rommel’s AFRIKAKORPS!
Over the years King & Country has featured many different figures and fighting vehicles (plus a few aircraft too) depicting the Desert War campaign that took place there between 1941 to 1943 and the epic struggle between Britain’s Eighth Armyand the German Afrika Korps led by General Erwin Rommel.
These all-new AK figures are just the ‘advance guard’ of whole new range of ‘desert warriors’ that are in the works and will show a different view of the campaign that was described at the time, as a ‘War Without Hate’.
Both sides fought a relatively ‘clean’ war without the bitter hatred and atrocities that took place in other theatres of war, notably in the Pacific and on the Eastern Front.
These new figures are in a series of ‘Behind The Lines’ poses that can still tell a story… just a more peaceful one. You could even imagine them in some kind of Indianna Jones setting… but that’s another story!

AK134 ‘Food & Drink’ (2 x figure set)
As one soldier pours himself a drink, the other eats out of his mess tin.

View attachment 299759

AK135 ‘MG34 Machine Gunner’
A standing machine gunner with the MG34 resting on his shoulder and carrying a box of belted ammunition.
Perhaps he is on his way to a practice session at the range…

View attachment 299760

AK136 ‘At Ease’ (2 x figure set)
Two relaxed-looking AK soldiers just talking. Obviously there are no enemy troops in the vicinity and they can take it easy… at least for a little while.

View attachment 299761

AK137 ‘Guard Duty’
This single AK soldier is enjoying a ‘smoke’ as he looks around him.

View attachment 299762

Available: Early October

These 'resting' AKs are a definite stand out for me and will help bulk up a current desert display.

Thanks Andy and the team at K&C.

HS003 ‘Doktor Frederik Von Frankenstein’
From some horror movies that can be frightening… to one that is famously funny, ‘Young Frankenstein’. This was and is simply the best and funniest comedy /horror movie ever made! Directed by Mel Brooks in 1974 it tells the story of the American great grandson of the infamous scientist who is invited to Transylvania to claim his inheritance and family estate.
Filmed in black and white, ‘Young Frankenstein’ accurately echoes the look of the original 1931 horror movie complete with the same kind of vintage-style opening credits and even utilizes some of the original film props.
Playing the lead was comedian Gene Wilder who was the man who originally came up with the idea of making the film and persuaded his friend Mel Brooks to direct it.
Our K&C portrayal of Dr. Viktor Von Frankenstein is a tribute to Gene, Mel and a very funny movie.

View attachment 299770

HS004 ‘Igor, the Doktor’s Assistant’
Although, ‘Young Frankenstein’ is choc-full of great comedic talents in all of the parts special mention must be made of ‘Igor’, the Doktor’s Assistant played by the irrepressible, bug-eyed Marty Feldman making his American film debut.
In the film ‘Igor’is a small, black-clad, hunchbacked laboratory assistant always by the side of the doctor and that is how we have portrayed him in this miniature tribute.

View attachment 299771
I remember seeing Young Frankenstein as part of a double bill with The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes Smarter Brother back around 1977 so funny.

A clip from the movie Young Frankenstein:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyU99BCNRuU&t=228s

That clip is so funny Steve. Now I need to explore this film once again. Robin.

Excellent to see new Afrika Korps!

and I note other figures in the photo yet to be released. I look forward to them.

I hope the new ‘Desert Warriors’ also include British 8th and some ‘Rogue Heroes’.

Have we seen the end of helmet decals for AK? (Et al.)

I’m quite a fan of that blatant unit identification in toy soldiers…

I noticed the lack of helmet decals as well.

These 'resting' AKs are a definite stand out for me and will help bulk up a current desert display.

I’m really liking these DAK figures as well… Just enough figures and just the right poses to go into a little setup I’ve got in mind.

I’m really liking these DAK figures as well… Just enough figures and just the right poses to go into a little setup I’ve got in mind.

My thoughts exactly.

There's a real knack to producing figures that seem to interact and work well together and one of the things that first attracted me to K&C.

Some TS manufactures really get this and others not so much.

My thoughts exactly.

There's a real knack to producing figures that seem to interact and work well together and one of the things that first attracted me to K&C.

Some TS manufactures really get this and others not so much.

Toddy:

Great post.

I hope all is well.

Best,
Jason

One thing i noticed on the guy with no helmet and brown hair, was the hair and the shading on the back of his head, shows a real eye for detail and putting some thought into the figure.

My vote is for Wolfman next. Then The Creature from the Black Lagoon.
What would you like to see next in "classic horror K&C"?
btw my fav horror movies are 1)The Mummy, 2)The Invisible Man, 3)Frankenstein.
But the Invisible Man would be a hard figure to make... Unless Andy just changed you for a box that said Invisible Man on it. But Andy isn't Andy Warhol (fortunately).
Dad & I admire Andy's unambiguous stance on Israel and love his IDF. To clear up another post of mine, we prefer armies to terrorists as toy soldiers. No matter how bad the army was. It just seems more TS/MF-worthy, in our humble opinions.
Glad Andy's well again and enjoying the Halloween-theme releases this month.
Paddy

Cheers Louis :salute::

Yes another Ferrari , but perhaps in a Panama hat.
Also there was that stunner Yvonne in Casablanca, I can see I need to look up the actors and actresses names !

Yvonne is the best looking female in the movie,,i couldnt just drive her home either

Users who are viewing this thread

Back