KING & COUNTRY DISPATCHES -- September 2023 (3 Viewers)

Cheers Steve, appreciate the translation mate. :wink2:^&grin I wasn't aware of the price increase for the new Tiger and understand why collectors would be disappointed.

I was fortunate to grab the new winter Tiger and its awesome, however everything seems to cost more these days, including this hobby, hence my earlier comments regarding prices for second hand TS items.

While there's no point moaning about the prices increases, I still think its important to raise it here.

Your welcome Toddy !

Yes seems the prices everything we want or need is going up, but when has it ever been different !

Of course if what we have coming in isn't rising as fast, then things have to be sacrificed with hobbies usually being the first casualty.

Having reached the stage that I just didn't have the space to store let alone display.
I've been letting some of my bits go, and so raising funds for future purchases in the process, though being more selective in what I do buy now, and while I see these great new vehicles being released, such as the M48, I already have the CS one from a few years ago, which I'm happy enough with to not feel inclined to buying another one, if I was a completist in the collecting sense, then hell yes I would !
So I'm tending to stick to figures for the moment. But if something came along that was a must have for me then all what I just said could as well be thrown to the winds, as it was for the JJD's Boudicca's Chariot !

Your welcome Toddy !

Yes seems the prices everything we want or need is going up, but when has it ever been different !

Of course if what we have coming in isn't rising as fast, then things have to be sacrificed with hobbies usually being the first casualty.

Having reached the stage that I just didn't have the space to store let alone display.
I've been letting some of my bits go, and so raising funds for future purchases in the process, though being more selective in what I do buy now, and while I see these great new vehicles being released, such as the M48, I already have the CS one from a few years ago, which I'm happy enough with to not feel inclined to buying another one, if I was a completist in the collecting sense, then hell yes I would !
So I'm tending to stick to figures for the moment. But if something came along that was a must have for me then all what I just said could as well be thrown to the winds, as it was for the JJD's Boudicca's Chariot !

Yes I'm the same Steve when it comes to 'recycling' my collection to help raise funds for future purchases. I've also found my tastes have changed over the years and prefer quality opposed to quantity now-a-days. You can do a lot with a vehicle, a handful of figures and some imagination, as you and many other regulars have shown in recent times on here.

Andy,
Really excited for the re release of the Waffen SS figures. Great Idea. Gives the new collector a chance to to pick up some great past releases.
Big Question? Will this translate to German Armor as well? There are some great armor pieces that some new collectors would love to add to their collection. JagPanther, JagPanzer, a long/short barrel Stug III for example.

well, I suggest the ebay site ''figurines and collections''... currently, they have received a huge K&C collection and they have all the pieces you mention at very reasonable prices...

Yes I'm the same Steve when it comes to 'recycling' my collection to help raise funds for future purchases. I've also found my tastes have changed over the years and prefer quality opposed to quantity now-a-days. You can do a lot with a vehicle, a handful of figures and some imagination, as you and many other regulars have shown in recent times on here.

Think I'm still in the quantity phase {sm2}

Don't worry. It's only been a 25+ year phase for us. It will pass;).

A separate issue:
I'd like to see more Falklands from K&C & in photo posts. I'm just into it at the moment having read & watched some things about it. I was too young and too American to notice it at the time...

Best Wishes!
Paddy

Don't worry. It's only been a 25+ year phase for us. It will pass;).

A separate issue:
I'd like to see more Falklands from K&C & in photo posts. I'm just into it at the moment having read & watched some things about it. I was too young and too American to notice it at the time...

Best Wishes!
Paddy

Here was my very simple vignette display from a few months back featuring the Scorpion light tank and Royal Marines figures from K&C’s Falklands range. The Scorpion and figures are fantastic 😎

IMG-0865.jpg

IMG-0871.jpg

IMG-0878.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back