Kings x san antonio texas k&c (1 Viewer)

Before we conduct an internet lynching, let's remember this is a free and open forum. Obviously, the Forum was started to promote the products Treefrog carries. However, First Legion advertises its products here and this has received official approval. In addition, Sierra comes on here monthly to post what are the latest Jenkins releases, a line which Treefrog also carries, unlike First Legion.

What I see here from Hartschier is over exuberance and excitement that there is a dealer in his state. Did he overstep the bounds of propriety? Yes, maybe, and he probably won't do it again, but are we to lynch him for that? Sheesh, I don't think so.

In fact, it's refreshing to see people excited about the hobby. Reading the Forum for the past few months it doesn't seem to be the case.

Oh, and just by the way, Treefrog and Minuteman are my two dealers, not to mention Shannon and George being two of my best friends ;).

Maybe he got a reaaallllllyyyyy good discount... ;)

Hi Guys,

Whilst I appreciate anyone’s enthusiastic comments and support of Kings X. I have to agree with the majority of you guys that it’s a wee bit over the top, to say the least, to come on the Treefrog Forum and shout it from the rafters!

As many of you know Treefrog is one of K&C’s top trade dealers not just in America but worldwide… Heck, I’m a customer myself.

Shannon, Pete and their team do a first class, first rate job of selling and promoting toy soldiers (including K&C I’m delighted to say) through their business and… this Forum.

By all means be as enthusiastic as you like but temper that enthusiasm with, as our friend Rutledge wrote, a little common sense and that rare commodity these days, common courtesyespecially to the hosts of this Forum.

Sincerely Yours,
Andy C.
Concur. Just a tad over-enthusiastic;)

Have purchased K&C from both; both are great customer service-wise.

Thanks again to Treefrog Treasures for hosting this great forum. My next purchase will be from you!

Last edited:
Rob..

Have to agree with Terry there have been some outrageous comments both open and subtle aimed mostly at you and I and a fair few at others and now this one. I argue with people when I feel it necessary but, these are cheap shots to insult and get a rise. Nothing to do with over exuberance or happy to be a collector at all IMO.
Mitch

Have to agree with several of the above posts. I have the feeling that whats happened here is the author has joned the forum at full speed, and unaware of forum etiquette has managed to offend quite a few in the process. Hopefully none of this is intentional and perhaps considering each post a little longer before posting might help.:) (I only say this as I have had many experiences of posting without thinking, which normally ends up in regret:rolleyes:)

Rob

I think its okay to support other dealers.

However reward Treefrog for the Forum and the expense and continuous effort the expend. Again, the best way I've done this is to allocate a portion of your Toy Soldier budget to them. I continue to do this every year and I haven't regretted it.

Treefrog has exceptional customer services, fast and easy ordering process and obviously exceptional products.

Carlos

I think its okay to support other dealers.

However reward Treefrog for the Forum and the expense and continuous effort the expend. Again, the best way I've done this is to allocate a portion of your Toy Soldier budget to them. I continue to do this every year and I haven't regretted it.

Treefrog has exceptional customer services, fast and easy ordering process and obviously exceptional products.

Carlos

Same here.

What part of the industry are you in? By your title, are you a vocal coach?

As an online retailer of many years standing (in the music business) and one of the moderators of the forum on my web-site I am very familiar with the dilemma presented by someone in effect advertising a direct competitor in my forum. It has even been known that the competitor themselves post an advert.
I don't always automatically delete such posts, unless they feature one of the retail behemoths such as Amazon, etc - they can look after themselves.

I know the chaps in the States can sometimes be very enthusiastic in their modes of communication, but my experience tells me that there is perhaps something wrong with the original post. I could be wrong, happy to be wrong in fact, but it seems a little troll-like.

I, at first, posted a little note. I have been to the aforementioned shop and purchased from them, several times. However, after rethinking, I deleted the post because Peter has been VERY good to me. Maybe, to me, deleting my post, ON THIS FORUM, was of way of showing my loyalty to his kindness.

Secondly, I did purchase the items with $$$$, not my kindness. He is running a business. It pays for Treefrog to be on top of it, If you get my drift.

Third, I am in a business where most news of any kind, is good. So by our talking about, anything, on this forum, brings us BACK to the website over and over and over.

I would just like to apologise if by replying to this thread i offended anybody.

How is this much different than the discussions we had a while back about a certain dealer posting large amounts of his goods (soldiers) for sale in the adds column?
Unless I missed it, the manager of KingsX is not touting his store, it,s a customer. I also subscribe to the theory he is just being over enthusiastic, not meaning any harm to TF,s.
Gary

How is this much different than the discussions we had a while back about a certain dealer posting large amounts of his goods (soldiers) for sale in the adds column?
Unless I missed it, the manager of KingsX is not touting his store, it,s a customer. I also subscribe to the theory he is just being over enthusiastic, not meaning any harm to TF,s.
Gary

One cant know another's intent. But one can assume a level of basic intelligence.

The original poster stated he would direct his (healthy) monthly purchases toward one dealer on another dealer's website, and that he would encourage other collectors to do the same.

It wasnt enthusiasm, IMHO, it was a shot over the bow.

I would just like to apologise if by replying to this thread i offended anybody.

Mate, I'm sure you didn't upset anyone. Your post was just saying what nice people they are etc, as anyone might do, you weren't trumpeting them over other dealers.

Rob

All this fuss over what? I have purchased kc thru the years from 14 diiferent dealers and all were top notch except 2. I think everybody knows treefrog is a class operation and i just want to say thanks to shannon , pete and the rest of the team

Hello,
Let me first say thank you to everyone for the compliments on the store. Like everyone in business today we have to all treat our customers with great respect and appreciation.
With respect to Shannon and Peter, who I have had the great pleasure of meeting, it was never the intention of Kings X to become a topic of heated discussion. We, like everyone else are thankful to have a place to stay informed and to inform when we are able to answer.
Respectfully
Martin Vasquez
Development Manager
Kings X

Hello,
Just thought I would mention
THE 5th ANNUAL TEXAS TOY SOLDIER SHOW & EVENT!!
COMING SOON!!
put on by Nick & Deanna of Toy Soldiers of San Diego

MEMORIAL WEEKEND
SATURDAY MAY 28th

SUNDAY MAY 29th

Inside the Historic Menger Hotel located in San Antonio Texas.

This show is growing fast and many dealers and customers are wanted!

Should you have any questions check out Toy Soldier of San Diego.

Martin
Kings X

Hello,
Just thought I would mention
THE 5th ANNUAL TEXAS TOY SOLDIER SHOW & EVENT!!
COMING SOON!!
put on by Nick & Deanna of Toy Soldiers of San Diego

MEMORIAL WEEKEND
SATURDAY MAY 28th

SUNDAY MAY 29th

Inside the Historic Menger Hotel located in San Antonio Texas.

This show is growing fast and many dealers and customers are wanted!

Should you have any questions check out Toy Soldier of San Diego.

Martin
Kings X

Martin...I will definitely be there...do you know if the Menger has it's Show package rates up yet...

I just went to their website and found their hotel rates posted...which are very good...cheaper than last year....but I also saw this...

THIS WILL BE THE LAST SHOW IN TEXAS PRODUCED DIRECTLY BY TSSD.

MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND, 2011

BASICALLY, IT IS VERY DIFFICULT & SEMI-STRESSFUL TO PLAN A SHOW FROM 1,300 MILES AWAY.

WE ORIGINALLY INTENDED TO JUST DO ONE SHOW IN TEXAS FOR FUN.

AND NOW, IT IS THE 5th ANNIVERSARY!? TIME FLIES........

WE DO HOPE TO PASS THE SHOW TO SOMEONE A LITTLE CLOSER TO SAN ANTONIO, SO THAT IT WILL CONTINUE.

WE WOULD CONTINUE TO GO, BUT JUST AS A DEALER ONLY.

is this the last Texas show...please tell me I'm wrong...

Michael,
It's the last Texas show under the direction of TSSD. They are hoping to pass the torch to someone else and have it continue on.
Regards,

Gary

..................................................................................................

I have to agree! I commented on all the actual ad's at the time from the other dealer and Treefrog itself basically told me to mind my own business :rolleyes:

With that in mind, I don't see the need to rush to their defense when someone comments about a nice experience from another dealer which happens to be owned by the manufacter.:)

Perhaps he was a little over excited, but I imagine walking into any King & Country owned establishment would really be something if you are a fan!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back